How do people disconnect on PS4 w/o taking a loss?

tzinc
2306 posts Fans' Favourite
When I accidentally disconnected on PS4 I always take a loss. How do people disconnect from PS4 without taking a loss. I am winning a game someone ties it DISCONNECT wtf and it shows as a tie.

Comments

• AHL
    167 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    The disconnect happens after the opponent tied it up? That’s a tie. Unfortunately.
  • Master110
    1064 posts Professional
    No idea how they do it.
  • bravia26s
    300 posts Sunday League Hero
    After each first goal i quit i get a win ..not bad if i scored in the first few minutes
  • Fifapayne
    2576 posts Fans' Favourite
    tzinc wrote: »
    When I accidentally disconnected on PS4 I always take a loss. How do people disconnect from PS4 without taking a loss. I am winning a game someone ties it DISCONNECT wtf and it shows as a tie.

They get a loss
  • tzinc
    I KNOW they don't get a loss. Because I get the loss. Why should I get a loss when he quit the game being 1 - 0 up. If he quits when he is losing I get the win and if he quits when we are a tie I get a tie.
  • JohnDoe
    12147 posts Has That Special Something
    edited September 22
    You don’t KNOW if they don’t get a loss. You simply don’t KNOW. You assume they don’t get a loss but you can’t KNOW for sure.
  • tzinc
    JohnDoe wrote: »
    You don’t KNOW if they don’t get a loss. You simply don’t KNOW. You assume they don’t get a loss but you can’t KNOW for sure.

if they were getting a loss - why do it?
  • JohnDoe
    12147 posts Has That Special Something
    tzinc wrote: »
    JohnDoe wrote: »

if they were getting a loss - why do it?

I have no idea. The weirdest thing is that I can’t remember this ever happening to me, other than the weird glitch we had with the headers or whatever it was that caused the game to crash.