The Anime Thread

Comments

• Kaede
    4907 posts National Call-Up
    3 minute episodes? Furiko and Tsumiki no Ie would like to have a word.
  • Orange Prince
    5881 posts Big Money Move
    Pls don't hurt me.
  • bear
    6030 posts Big Money Move
    edited April 2015
    Awww, the middle school the GoM are kinda of adorable.

wPfCs9F.png
    Post edited by bear on
  • Low Ki
    11712 posts Has That Special Something
    I'm added Owari no Seraph to my list for today. Looks like The Strain in anime format....wasn't a very deep show but was fun enough to watch. Maybe this'll replicate the formula?

Currently for this season I've got down:
    FSN: Unlimited Blade Works season 2
    Kuroko
    Jojo (not the monkey)
    My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU
    Nisekoi;

And in about a weeks time it looks like Knights of Sidonia season 2 will be out which will look very pretty for an all CGI show but probably leave me cold and unfulfilled again.

And I'll be skipping Triage X, but it looks to be the new High School of the Dead for those that are into animated huge overly jiggly breasts.
  • Low Ki
    bear wrote: »

wPfCs9F.png

It looks like he's forcing his head down.
  • bear
    They're like 12 years old, you should be ashamed of yourself for thinking that.
  • Kieran
    569 posts Sunday League Hero
    Azucat tbh
  • Low Ki
    They're like 12 years old, you should be ashamed of yourself for thinking that.

The Japanese do it with loli's all the time so it's not really a big stretch to interpret an anime scene that way.
  • Low Ki
    edited April 2015
    New FSN OP is very well produced. Really highlights the aniamtion quality.

But it is a joke how in this series a deathmatch between heroes of myth and past hasn't been serious at all and won't get real until
    Gilgamesh starts dropping bodies left right and center.

It's like they won't realise the stakes until then. Specifically that one heartbreaking scene.

edit: wow just got past the intro and the first scene is Saber in a pose straight out of Testament :lol:
  • Blarix
    20804 posts Club Captain
    Blarix wrote: »
    Kaede wrote: »
    Season has just started and I'm three episodes behind already. Sigh.

#UniversityLife
    Watched every new anime so far.
    #NoLife

What every new anime have you seen? What are your ratings on them.

Nisekoi
    Oregairu
    Shokugeki no Souma
    DanMachi
    Vampire Holmes
    Owari no Seraph
    Re-Kan!
    I can't understand what my husband is saying

Went out and saw three new ones released, about to watch them now.

My favourite ones so far are Owari no Seraph, Shokugeki no Souma and Oregairu.
    Most disappointing one is DanMachi.
    Vampire Holmes is just bad, but what can you expect from 3 minute episodes.
    'I can't understand what my husband is saying ' is a very strange anime. I watched it but it has nothing on the quirkiness of Watamote only anime that makes u laugh and feel sad for the person at the same time.

59B0tXm.png
  • Blarix
    20804 posts Club Captain
    edited April 2015
    Low Ki wrote: »

wPfCs9F.png

It looks like he's forcing his head down.

This middle school arc seems to be very promising. Regret that I never read the manga but it is also the main reason why i'm glued to the screen every time I watch this. I saw two things that completely threw me off
    Aomine crying and Kuroko crying
    expecting to see different sides of these cold calculated bunch.

EDIT: Quoted the wrong member. Was meant for Bear.
  • Kaede
  • Orange Prince
    Kekkai Sensen's first episode was pretty decent.
  • Blarix
    20804 posts Club Captain

I thought I had passion for Anime. You are next level of Anime saiyan. Unreal

Do you understand jap?
  • Kaede
    Watched too much, so I can understand it without subs if that is the question. I prefer subtitles obviously.
  • Blarix
    20804 posts Club Captain
    Watched too much, so I can understand it without subs if that is the question. I prefer subtitles obviously.

Any plans to go to Tokyo?
  • Kaede
    Been in the airport at least five or six times. Never actually "went" into Japan yet. I plan to later on. It's on my list of places to visit. I'm almost done my travel bucketlist of places.
  • Blarix
    20804 posts Club Captain
    I see you should have walked out to the city and never returned to the west. Become a teacher and become a hero. My goal is to teach different languages in Tokyo but need to have some savings in case .

Also have you listened to this before ?

• Kaede
    Yup. Another poster on here used to listen to them in our plug.dj room.
  • Low Ki
    Seraph of the End was really depressing. Will put up with it for a bit but it looks like one of those series that'll just build characters up to cut them down over and over again.

Gunslinger Stratos is weird. Nice action scenes and great backdrops but the character animation seems very rough at times (especially characters at a distance) plus the story was almost an afterthought. Felt like they were just leading up to the cliffhanger ending to hook us in for episode 2. I can see why it succeeded Aldnoah.Zero in its timeslot though.
  • Orange Prince
    Seraph of the End was really depressing. Will put up with it for a bit but it looks like one of those series that'll just build characters up to cut them down over and over again.

Gunslinger Stratos is weird. Nice action scenes and great backdrops but the character animation seems very rough at times (especially characters at a distance) plus the story was almost an afterthought. Felt like they were just leading up to the cliffhanger ending to hook us in for episode 2. I can see why it succeeded Aldnoah.Zero in its timeslot though.

I actually liked it quite a bit, reminds me of AoT.
  • Kaede
    Felt the same @Low Ki
  • bear
    So many thing in the watching and PTW but no desire to watch any of them.
  • Low Ki
    Blarix wrote: »
    I see you should have walked out to the city and never returned to the west. Become a teacher and become a hero. My goal is to teach different languages in Tokyo but need to have some savings in case .

Also have you listened to this before ?

Easy way is to be certified to teach TESOL (Teachers of English to Speakers of Other Languages). It's one of the things I'm qualified to teach so I suppose I could theoretically do it and there's a demand for English there (and based on the English we hear used in their anime it's not hard to see why).

TBH though I wouldn't take a job at another country away from everything I kno unless the pay was really worth it. even with savings it'll be extremely rough.
  • Low Ki
    When Netflix releases Daredevil I'll be the same way. Anime could **** off until I finish that.

A 13 Ep full season dropping in one day will utterly destroy my viewing schedule.
  • PDJEY
    1011 posts Professional
    edited April 2015
    I had enough with One Piece. The pace of story it's unbearable. It's more flashback then prorper canon. DressRosa Arc as to take the prize for the most boring Arc.
  • bear
    When Netflix releases Daredevil I'll be the same way. Anime could **** off until I finish that.

A 13 Ep full season dropping in one day will utterly destroy my viewing schedule.
    not like that, I want to watch anime, but right now I want to watch Kuroko's, Nisekoi, and SNAFU in bulk instead of once a week.
  • Raistlin
    1405 posts Professional
    Could never watch week to week, will always wait for the full season to be out before I watch as watching just 1 episode in a sitting would drive me crazy