The Anime Thread

Comments

• IntoxicatedSeal
    1421 posts Professional
    EA_Cian wrote: »
    EA_Cian wrote: »
    Anyone see the trailer for the Dragonball Super movie absolutely buzzing for it man

Let's just say I really want one of those jackets that Goku/Vegeta are wearing. ;)

Also, the reimagining of Broly seems pretty awesome.

Its weird to see Vegeta wearing one since he is not known for wearing earthling clothing.

It will be interesting to see what his backstory will be now that he will be canon.

I mean on the other hand... ;)

vegeta2_2.jpg

Excited to see the movie regardless though! Also thoughts on Attack on Titan S3 one episode in? I haven't read the manga much so not sure how slow it'll be (though I'm digging the new OP).

• dannyboy
    12800 posts Has That Special Something
    Been waiting for episode 60 for over a year now
  • IntoxicatedSeal
    1421 posts Professional
    dannyboy wrote: »

They dropped a trailer for it like a month ago so it's gotta be soon I'd imagine.
  • Low Ki
    11742 posts Has That Special Something
    Gintama :(
    Main characters are dropping like flies.
  • Low Ki
    Never cared much for the Titan fights in Attack on Titan but this PVP stuff was really well animated.
  • Zhen
    1395 posts Moderator
    Low Ki wrote: »
    Never cared much for the Titan fights in Attack on Titan but this PVP stuff was really well animated.

One of the nicest fighting animations I’ve seen, the whole episode was great
  • Bean
    3830 posts National Call-Up
    Loved the whole escape scene from it, and then the reveals near the end topped the episode off for me.

Latest SG:0 episode was intense af,
    Finally feels like they're getting somewhere with Okabe, each of the scenes with Maho, Daru and Mayuri were so good. Complete U-turn on Daru for me in the last few episodes especially. Hopefully not too long to wait until the return of Hououin Kyouma.
  • Low Ki
    Bean wrote: »

Looks like you spoke too soon :(
  • Bean
    Bean wrote: »

Looks like you spoke too soon :(

:cry:
    Poor **** Mayuri, I knew something bad was going to happen to her, didn't even get the watch warning this time :lol:

That shooting scene was **** awful tho, almost took me out of the moment
  • Shauny_Bhoy
    776 posts Semi-Pro
    edited August 2018
    That One Piece episode :anguished:
    They really like to make u cry, poor Pedro :bawling:
  • Low Ki
    edited August 2018
    Steins Gate..
    Like where this is going, but I rolled my eyes pretty hard at then saying if Suzuha kills the mad scientist she's just the same as him. Especially after she already killed a few soldiers on that same rooftop. Also, apparently in the VN Kagari's fight went very differently.

Action has definitely been the weak part of the series, but it stands out a lot more now because there's so much of it compared to part 1.

Okabe's voice actor is killing it though. He's the star of the series.
  • Bean
    Steins Gate..
    Like where this is going, but I rolled my eyes pretty hard at then saying if Suzuha kills the mad scientist she's just the same as him. Especially after she already killed a few soldiers on that same rooftop. Also, apparently in the VN Kagari's fight went very differently.

Action has definitely been the weak part of the series, but it stands out a lot more now because there's so much of it compared to part 1.

I really didn't like that either, a "That's enough" from Daru would've been enough. That quote just made him sound silly. Another thing was those soldiers having worse aim than Storntroopers really bugged me also but other than that it was a really good episode, well hyped for next week's episode.

I agree too, when he screamed Mayuri's name it gave me chills.
  • RayS
    25277 posts Player of the Year
    sugee
  • dannyboy

They dropped a trailer for it like a month ago so it's gotta be soon I'd imagine.

Part 1 of Ep 60 will be streamed live on Saturday around 2 am
  • IntoxicatedSeal
    1421 posts Professional
    edited August 2018
    I can't wait.

Shame that it is the final episode. After H3h3 won that lawsuit I think TFS more then have grounds to claim fair use and to claim ad revenue in order to fund it.
  • dannyboy
    I heard they might redo season 1
  • Zhen
    1395 posts Moderator
    Steins Gate..

Summed up pretty much how I felt about the episode too. No episode this week which is a huge shame
  • dannyboy
  • Low Ki
    Fist of the North Star: Lost Paradise is getting a localised release on PS4. Dual audio option available. The original TV series aged horribly as it was cheap, early 80's animation and the other series were low effort cash grabs (the less said about Souten no Ken the better). Think this will be the only way to do the series justice based on the E3 trailer:

Looks fantastic and it's crammed with minigames and substories like the devs did with the Yakuza series. Only downside seems to be the return of the loading screens when transitioning into buildings, but RPG's have made me numb to that.

The Souther fight has an awesome soundtrack through:
  • Bean
    edited September 2018
    Another great episode of AoT, Season 3 has been very **** good so far.

Loved this Mikasa scene from the most recent fight
  • IntoxicatedSeal
    1421 posts Professional

It was brilliant.

16's lines were amazing.

"Oh and if I do somehow survive this, pick me up and bash me over your father's head"
  • f4a
    1927 posts Play-Off Hero

Even if it's just another 10 chapters + volume release, I'm very happy
  • dannyboy

It was brilliant.

16's lines were amazing.

"Oh and if I do somehow survive this, pick me up and bash me over your father's head"

Part 2 is out :sunglasses:
  • Zhen
    1395 posts Moderator
    edited September 2018

It was brilliant.

16's lines were amazing.

Part 2 is out :sunglasses:

TFS’s psycho Gohan is so on point
  • IntoxicatedSeal
    1421 posts Professional
    "Maybe I should give him a senzu bean and let you fight him?" :D :D :D

And then Goku's iconic "Bye Son"

Followed by King Kai's monologue which was just the cherry on top.
  • IntoxicatedSeal
    1421 posts Professional
    edited September 2018
    The Oompa Loompa exchange.
    Also the "Super Duper Sayian" comments, especially from Vegeta.

To much greatness to handle. I was in tears.
  • bear
    6030 posts Big Money Move
    Anybody else not feeling the last two parts of dbza? I’m getting a weird vibe that they’re trying just a little to hard to NOT be as silly and funny as every single other episode. I feel like there method for comedy was to fit in as many of the running jokes as they could where applicable and that just hasn’t been there the last two parts.
  • IntoxicatedSeal
    1421 posts Professional
    edited September 2018
    bear wrote: »
    Anybody else not feeling the last two parts of dbza? I’m getting a weird vibe that they’re trying just a little to hard to NOT be as silly and funny as every single other episode. I feel like there method for comedy was to fit in as many of the running jokes as they could where applicable and that just hasn’t been there the last two parts.

I think it's brilliant, they are more accurately following the story but still making jokes
    and pointing out the illogical stuff that confused us all growing up.

They also did fit in some long running jokes. The third death ice cream, Tien being bitter at the widening gap, 16 wanting his head to be used to beat Goku to death with, Goku being a terrible father who has no understanding of his own son so Piccolo has to teĺl him. Also Goku doing the yoshi thing but instead using Oompa Loompas with Krillin.

• IntoxicatedSeal
    1421 posts Professional
    edited September 2018
    Also the more details getting revealed the more I am getting hyped for the Broly movie.

Most of my hype though is simply for more Sayian lore. Finally give us some more backstory dammit.
  • Low Ki
    I just think it's uneven as a whole. Start of DBZA was pretty bad, Frieza saga was amazing, then the voices of Androids 16-18 were awful....but I've liked the Cell saga.

Yajirobe is somehow even worse in DBZA than in the actual series.