The Anime Thread

Comments

• Shaanxz
    19922 posts Club Captain
    Ditf really messed up with only having 25 episodes
  • EA_Cian
    1131 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Attack on Titan Season 3 is soon, huh? Isn't it also going to be a 'full' 24-episode season this time around? :smiley:
  • dannyboy
    12779 posts Has That Special Something
    Yeah, they're covering 10 volumes of the manga.
  • f4a
    1927 posts Play-Off Hero

Happy days - hopefully there won't be another 2 year gap between Vento Aureo/Stone Ocean
  • Low Ki
    11582 posts Has That Special Something
    Hell yes. Diamond is Unbreakable was amazing.
  • Zhen
    1391 posts Moderator
    The character designs look awful
  • EA_Cian
    Always down for more JoJo's!

giphy.gif
  • Shaanxz
    19922 posts Club Captain
    Damn hiro and zero two is too much

Also my hero academia fuller episode was very emotional
    Getting close too deku vs bakugo part 2
  • Low Ki
    edited June 2018
    Gun Gale Online blatantly ripped off the final action sequence of Rogue One. It worked :lol:

Not sure if it's up on the legit streaming websites, but if anyone's looking for a solid movie I highly recommend Jin-Roh: The Wolf Brigade. Took me WAY too long to get to it.
    Post edited by Low Ki on
  • Low Ki
    Well this just happened in the cultural melting pot known as Russia:
  • IntoxicatedSeal
    1421 posts Professional
    edited June 2018
    Eight years later..
    Still waiting for Highschool of the Dead season two.

Even just a confirmation that it is cancelled would be nice.
  • Low Ki
    Decided to look up Rurouni Kenshin's new Hokkaido arc and noticed it went on hiatus almost immediately. Looked up why.......wish I never found out the reason :|

What a shame the writer is such a dirty creep. And he's married to a wife who defends him.
  • Bean
    3830 posts National Call-Up
    edited July 2018
    Steins Gate, wow what a series. Was hooked after Ep 12 or whichever the one
    where Mayuri first gets killed
    and I've already caught up on 0 within the week.

Are there any anime's similar to this? Cause I'd love to watch another one like it.
  • Low Ki
    edited July 2018
    Bean wrote: »

Are there any anime's similar to this? Cause I'd love to watch another one like it.

'The Girl Who Leapt Through Time' definitely. It's a movie so don't expect as big a dose but it's quality. Erased is a great series...but it's more of a murder mystery with time travel in the mix and the ending left me :/ .

For something that captures the absurdist dynamic between the characters but in a bit of a lighter settings 'The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya'...Future Gadget Laboratory and the SOS Brigade feel very similar.

It's a bit of a cluster **** on watching though. The series was broadcast out of order and they initially kept it that way until a DVD release reshuffled all 28 eps of season 1 and 2. After some quick googling this was the best I could do to decipher the chronological order :lol:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1JWY_VFaF_NAxlmPkYsOAZdWrLLGykBTRHQNz4d8w-Uw/edit#gid=0

Typical case of anime nuts overcomplicating things.
    Post edited by Low Ki on
  • Zhen
    1391 posts Moderator
    Low Ki wrote: »

'The Girl Who Leapt Through Time' definitely. It's a movie so don't expect as big a dose but it's quality. Erased is a great series...but it's more of a murder mystery with time travel in the mix and the ending left me :/ .

For something that captures the absurdist dynamic between the characters but in a bit of a lighter settings 'The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya'...Future Gadget Laboratory and the SOS Brigade feel very similar.

It's a bit of a cluster **** on watching though. The series was broadcast out of order and they initially kept it that way until a DVD release reshuffled all 28 eps of season 1 and 2. After some quick googling this was the best I could do to decipher the chronological order :lol:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1JWY_VFaF_NAxlmPkYsOAZdWrLLGykBTRHQNz4d8w-Uw/edit#gid=0

I still haven’t seen TMOHS because of the many episodes you have to watch before watching the movie. Been years actually, is it worth it?
  • Low Ki
    edited July 2018
    Zhen wrote: »

I still haven’t seen TMOHS because of the many episodes you have to watch before watching the movie. Been years actually, is it worth it?

@Zhen

The series has a mix of good and bad. Most of it is good, but the bad part is in season 2. There an arc that consists of the same episode script looped 8 times called Endless Eight with some different animation angles and rerecorded dialog between the ep's...it's mad. 1 and/or 2 and 8 are enough to process the main story points and even that is painful.

The movie is brilliant though. Probably one of the best anime movies I've seen.
    Post edited by Low Ki on
  • Bean

Funnily enough I started watching Erased the night before you posted this since I caught it on Netflix and finished it up yesterday. A nice series but the ending....meh. Some nice scenes in that one though.

Also watched The Girl Who Leapt Through Time last night and that was fun also, good suggestions.
  • Anyone see the trailer for the Dragonball Super movie absolutely buzzing for it man
  • dannyboy
    Any good animes
  • Low Ki
    dannyboy wrote: »
    Any good animes

Lupin.
  • dannyboy
    dannyboy wrote: »
    Any good animes

Lupin.

Started season 2 a year or two ago and I'm on episode 5 B)
  • EA_Cian
    Anyone see the trailer for the Dragonball Super movie absolutely buzzing for it man

Let's just say I really want one of those jackets that Goku/Vegeta are wearing. ;)

Also, the reimagining of Broly seems pretty awesome.
  • Shauny_Bhoy
    776 posts Semi-Pro
    EA_Cian wrote: »
    Anyone see the trailer for the Dragonball Super movie absolutely buzzing for it man

Let's just say I really want one of those jackets that Goku/Vegeta are wearing. ;)

Its weird to see Vegeta wearing one since he is not known for wearing earthling clothing.

It will be interesting to see what his backstory will be now that he will be canon.
  • IntoxicatedSeal
    1421 posts Professional
    Looks like a far better movie then the last two, feels like a real mega blockbuster. So glad that Freeza is is involved to.

That scene with the hands touching is almost certainly Bardock saying goodbye to Goku from Dragon ball minus.
  • Low Ki
    Chio's School Road has made this season for me :lol:
  • Bean
    Damn Inasa is OP as ****
  • Low Ki
    Damn Inasa is OP as ****

I thought he was M Bison for a second :lol:
  • Bean
    I was expecting him to have powers like that ngl

Camie is quickly becoming my fav also
  • EA_Cian

Its weird to see Vegeta wearing one since he is not known for wearing earthling clothing.

It will be interesting to see what his backstory will be now that he will be canon.

I mean on the other hand... ;)

vegeta2_2.jpg

Excited to see the movie regardless though! Also thoughts on Attack on Titan S3 one episode in? I haven't read the manga much so not sure how slow it'll be (though I'm digging the new OP).
  • Shauny_Bhoy
    776 posts Semi-Pro

I mean on the other hand... ;)

vegeta2_2.jpg

Excited to see the movie regardless though! Also thoughts on Attack on Titan S3 one episode in? I haven't read the manga much so not sure how slow it'll be (though I'm digging the new OP).

Cant believe I forgot all about that outfit, best one ever :lol: