The Anime Thread

Comments

• Low Ki
    11326 posts Has That Special Something
    I get the same feelings when comparing the 2 to a modern reboot of a classic movie. Just in reverse here :p
  • Shaanxz
    19591 posts Club Captain
    Nah fam the latest episode of steins gate :o
  • CeeQue
    10150 posts Has That Special Something
    Any recommendations for some neo-punk?

Was limited to Toonami but now since i have Terrarium i don't know where to start :D .
  • Low Ki
    CeeQue wrote: »

Was limited to Toonami but now since i have Terrarium i don't know where to start :D .

There's quite a bit of decent cyberpunk. Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex is the best of the lot. Psycho Pass is decent. Texnholyze in particular is one of the trippiest things I've ever seen, but it will divide people.

Detroit Metal City is a must if you want something absolutely over the top.
  • CeeQue
    Low Ki wrote: »

There's quite a bit of decent cyberpunk. Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex is the best of the lot. Psycho Pass is decent. Texnholyze in particular is one of the trippiest things I've ever seen, but it will divide people.

Detroit Metal City is a must if you want something absolutely over the top.

Thanks will give these a shout.
  • Shaanxz
    19591 posts Club Captain
    Been watching darling in the franxx, wish I never watched it. All I can hear is the word darling in my head
  • CeeQue
    edited May 2018
    Delete
  • Shaanxz
    19591 posts Club Captain
    Shaanxz wrote: »
    Been watching darling in the franxx, wish I never watched it. All I can hear is the word darling in my head

I’ve rewatched t twice now, aoty so far for me ahead of steins gate 0 and mha season 3
  • Low Ki
    edited June 2018

I’ve rewatched t twice now, aoty so far for me ahead of steins gate 0 and mha season 3
    Delete

1) Hinamatsuri
    2) Steins Gate 0
    3) Boku no Hero season 3
    4) Lupin III
    5) Golden Kamuy
    6) Legend of the Galactic Heroes
    7) Megalo Box

Been a good season for me.
    Post edited by Low Ki on
  • Low Ki
    edited June 2018
    Decided to rewatch Bebop, don't know if I'm biased because it's the first one that really blew me away...but it feels like the perfect gateway drug.
  • CeeQue
    Decided to rewatch Bebop, don't know if I'm biased because it's the first one that really blew me away...but it feels like the perfect gateway drug.

Yeah used to love those shows back in the day. Outlaw Star and Big O used to be legit till the end of Big O was similar to the end of Zone of Enders a big "Huh".
  • bear
    6030 posts Big Money Move

I’m pretty sure that’s racist
  • Bean
    3830 posts National Call-Up
    Got around to finishing Death Note, really enjoyed it.
    I wish L was alive to beat Light in the end, probably my favourite character in the show and I enjoyed watching to see how they'd up each other every time.The final episodes of the series were fantastic, I was tense the whole way through. Would've been cool if they had an alternate, dark ending with Light winniny and becoming the God that he wanted to become
  • Shaanxz
    19591 posts Club Captain
    Bean wrote: »
    Got around to finishing Death Note, really enjoyed it.
    I wish L was alive to beat Light in the end, probably my favourite character in the show and I enjoyed watching to see how they'd up each other every time.The final episodes of the series were fantastic, I was tense the whole way through. Would've been cool if they had an alternate, dark ending with Light winniny and becoming the God that he wanted to become
    Yeah we all agree on L dying kinda ruined the show

Alternate ending does exist
    Yeah there is an alternate on YouTube
  • Low Ki
    All. For. One.

Now that's an entrance :o
  • Bean
    Hell of an introduction, especially with the OST in the post credits scene.

Can't wait for the next couple episodes
  • Shaanxz
    19591 posts Club Captain
    Steins gate finally getting serious
  • dannyboy
    12751 posts Has That Special Something
    Can anyone log in to MAL?
  • Low Ki
    dannyboy wrote: »
    Can anyone log in to MAL?

No. Looks like their site issues are still ongoing.
  • Low Ki
    66 episodes of Boruto just to get to the halfway point of the movie. FML for putting up with this.

Does the manga get better after? :lol:
  • dannyboy
    Think I dropped it after 7 episodes.
  • dannyboy
    One Piece worldbuilding still going strong after 900+ chapters
  • EA_Cian
    1131 posts EA Staff (retired)

Delete

1) Hinamatsuri
    2) Steins Gate 0
    3) Boku no Hero season 3
    4) Lupin III
    5) Golden Kamuy
    7) Megalo Box

How is Megalobox? I've been out of the loop on new series and while it looks cool, is it worth watching?
  • Shaanxz
    19591 posts Club Captain
    EA_Cian wrote: »

Delete

1) Hinamatsuri
    2) Steins Gate 0
    3) Boku no Hero season 3
    4) Lupin III
    5) Golden Kamuy
    7) Megalo Box

How is Megalobox? I've been out of the loop on new series and while it looks cool, is it worth watching?

Yeah definitely watch it, only one episode left now
  • EA_Cian
    1131 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Sounds like I have something to add to my Crunchyroll queue then!
  • Bean
    Ep 11 of My Hero :open_mouth:

That scene was **** fantastic, one of the best episodes of the series for sure
  • Low Ki

"Now it's your turn."

Only complaint about the series as a whole was not enough All-Might moments like that or his laugh. Delivered with interest now.

It felt full circle the way he pulled a Deku sacrificing his arm to pull off the final blow, complete with a lightning effect. Which fit with the entire theme of the episode thanks to the flashbacks, showed a lot of parallels on their lives as a passing of the torch. Even All Might/Endeavour paralleling Deku/Bakugo in a way.

Bones is a hell of a studio though. With all this action going on the animation was flawless.

Another 2 year gap? :(
  • Bean

"Now it's your turn."

Only complaint about the series as a whole was not enough All-Might moments like that or his laugh. Delivered with interest now.

It felt full circle the way he pulled a Deku sacrificing his arm to pull off the final blow, complete with a lightning effect. Which fit with the entire theme of the episode thanks to the flashbacks, showed a lot of parallels on their lives as a passing of the torch. Even All Might/Endeavour paralleling Deku/Bakugo in a way.

Bones is a hell of a studio though. With all this action going on the animation was flawless.

Another 2 year gap? :(
    I agree, I would like to see more of All Might in his prime considering how much weaker he was supposed to be after the first All for One fight. I hope we get to see the actual fight somehow in a flashback but I think it's unlikely. I was for sure thinking All Might would be killed off and it'll have been Deku vs All for One, but I'm glad it went the way it did.
  • bear
    6030 posts Big Money Move
    edited June 2018
    So Free! S3, AoT S3, an Action/Historical/Horror/Supernatural/Vampire thing from PA Works so scenery ****, Zoids and I'm assuming Major 2nd will continue so summer 2018 might see me return to regular anime watching.