The Anime Thread

Comments

• dannyboy wrote: »
    Dat Super episode

1 of the best ive ever seen absolute speechless, sad that next week is the last
  • Low Ki
    11744 posts Has That Special Something

Nailed it :lol:
  • AFC AJAX NR 1
    13067 posts Has That Special Something
    Too bad Dragon Ball has ended :(
  • dannyboy
    12805 posts Has That Special Something
    Good ending, bar a few loose ends.
  • Low Ki
    Predictable ending, most obvious wish ever, but OK overall. MVP of the series was 17.
  • dannyboy
    It's dragon ball, there was never going to be any massive twists
  • Low Ki
    edited March 2018
    Other than Frieza’s ending. Spent half of Z and 1/4 of Super killing and deposing him only for him to become emperor of the universe again with Goku’s blessing.

I guess that isn’t a massive twist given how all their major villains turn out though.
  • Damn the very end of the ep with Goku and Vegeta on the rocks sure brought back memories, sad that its stopped till december for the movie thoroughly enjoyed the series and on a good note apparently the manga is continuing beyond the ToP
  • dannyboy
    Kitaro is going to have at least 50 episodes, so it'll take at least a year for DBS to return unless they change the timeslot
  • dannyboy wrote: »
    Kitaro is going to have at least 50 episodes, so it'll take at least a year for DBS to return unless they change the timeslot

Yeah i saw that if DBS or a new series it would be around April 2019 earliest if it were to return but id probably expect it December 19 or early 2020
  • Bean
    3830 posts National Call-Up
    Powering through HxH and got to
    episode 131, Gon vs Pitou
    holy **** that episode left me speechless, down as my favourite anime episode I've watched so far easily.
  • f4a
    1927 posts Play-Off Hero
    Bean wrote: »
    holy **** that episode left me speechless, down as my favourite anime episode I've watched so far easily.

You seen
    episode 135
    yet? Both of them are great episodes imo

I love the CA arc as a whole though, it's long but it's 100% worth it towards at the end
  • Low Ki
    HxH is one of the few series I continued following via the manga. Top notch. Arc that follows the anime is super slow....like palace invasion slow....but a lot of stuff is happening on the side.

Of course though, the story is on hiatus again for who knows how long, news just broke yesterday so it's still fresh in my mind :lol:
    http://comicbook.com/anime/2018/03/29/hunter-x-hunter-manga-hiatus-2018-shonen-jump/
  • Bean
    f4a wrote: »
    Bean wrote: »

You seen
    episode 135
    yet? Both of them are great episodes imo

I love the CA arc as a whole though, it's long but it's 100% worth it towards at the end

Saw it last night,
    Great ending to a great character, some of the character development in this show is so good. Even characters like Welfin and Palm who I couldn't stand in the beginning are much more tolerable now.

Just started the Zodiacs arc and I'm guessing this is Killua heavy so I'm looking forward to it.
  • dannyboy
  • Low Ki
    edited April 2018
    Megalo Box = anime of the season. Calling it now after just one episode. I liked everything, can't pick one negative whatsoever and I've got no hesitation in saying it.

I've been proven wrong by a lot of shows that make me think 'this could be fun' only for them to flop, but it's been ages since I've been so blown away by a first episode. If the thread isn't dead yet I recommend you at least try ep 1, it's an easy watch with zero filler.
  • Shaanxz
    20311 posts Club Captain
    Since my ban, I’ve watched haiykuu overlord and kuruoko no basket

Hinata from the concrete>>>>>

Kuroko no basket was class, ending was a bit obvious

Overlord is ok, feels a bit rushed
  • So what's a good Anime forum besides this one?
  • Low Ki
    If there is one I have no idea. A lot of the people on a lot of sites are epically cringe.
  • bear
    6030 posts Big Money Move
    Shaanxz wrote: »

this guy has great taste
  • Low Ki
    bear wrote: »

this guy has great taste

Not sure how you’ll feel bout this, but Haikyuu > Kuroko. Sorry :*
  • Shaanxz
    20311 posts Club Captain
    Low Ki wrote: »

this guy has great taste

Nishinoya mvp

Waiting for them too announce season 4. But been reading the manga
  • bear
    6030 posts Big Money Move
    Low Ki wrote: »

this guy has great taste

It's the only comparison I won't get mad at because part of me agrees.
  • Shaanxz
    20311 posts Club Captain
    Damn megalo box going in

They don’t give stray dogs tombstones
  • Bean
    That latest episode of Hero Academia holy ****
    Wasn't expecting that fight so soon after seeing it in the intro but it definitley delivered, this season's gonna be very good from the looks of things.
  • dannyboy
    dat one piece chapter
  • Low Ki
    Hinamatsuri is fun.
  • SF9
    8369 posts League Winner
    I just finished watching fma & fma:b, to those who have watched both, which did you prefer?
    I watched fma first and really enjoyed it, not sure on the ending but so be it.

I then watched fma:b and it was really fast paced compared to the og, and Al's voice had changed which was annoying :joy: once I got into it properly (ep 20 or so) it became really good, but again not sure on the ending. Both had good points and bad points I think, but overall I thought both series were really good.
  • Low Ki
    edited April 2018
    I preferred Brotherhood, they're both OK in the direction they took but I definitely liked FMA:B more.
    Hohenheim's plot added much more to it which I think made the whole much better. Plus the way the final arc never let up for a moment and just kept going was something. Something was always happening. I guess it's personal preference though, apples and oranges.

The dog still creeps me out to this day BTW.
  • Shaanxz
    20311 posts Club Captain
    Roy Mustang killing lust (the foreshadowing oh him losing his eyes and killing envy were top 5