Diogo Jota
Pedro Neto
Daniel Podence
Fabio Silva
Post edited by Dandingooo on

Comments

• El_Nino
    6409 posts Big Money Move
    The club deserves a lounge, Wolves have been class since coming up, never thought you’d go like you have, but it’s a pleasure to see how well your doing.

You hyped for that young striker your signing from Porto?
  • Dandingooo
    1867 posts Play-Off Hero
    El_Nino wrote: »
    The club deserves a lounge, Wolves have been class since coming up, never thought you’d go like you have, but it’s a pleasure to see how well your doing.

Most hyped I’ve been for a signing since Neves. From what the club have said about scouting him since he was 16 to all the hype around him as a generational talent and Portugal’s next big hope for striker. It just seems too good to be true for a Wolves fan at the moment! Spending 35m on just potential insane.

Our forum is starting to break with many rumours. Tomas Esteves and Diogo Leite mifht be announced in the next few days.

I’d be extremely excited by Esteves he likes to play as an inverted RB so would suit better than Doherty linking up with Adama. Unsure how I feel about Leite.
  • Jboom98
    716 posts An Exciting Prospect

Is he a relative of David Luiz ?
    Also never thought this was the inspiration for the new wolves kit 42534897-blue-world-map-borders-countries-and-cities-illustration-world-maps-with-different-specification-the.jpg
    There's a lot of terrible kits out this season.
  • Dandingooo
    1867 posts Play-Off Hero
    Never actually noticed how similar he looks to Luiz! The worst thing is that is probably the kit looking it’s best with the sky etc. It’s horrific.
  • Wyojasond
    14918 posts Has That Special Something
    Wolves are just such a hard team to hate 🤷‍♂️😂

Really like the business they have done so far. You expect this Portugal connection to always be apart of the club? Isnt some agent that covers a bunch of them really connected to the club 🤔
  • El_Nino
    Dandingooo wrote: »

Most hyped I’ve been for a signing since Neves. From what the club have said about scouting him since he was 16 to all the hype around him as a generational talent and Portugal’s next big hope for striker. It just seems too good to be true for a Wolves fan at the moment! Spending 35m on just potential insane.

Our forum is starting to break with many rumours. Tomas Esteves and Diogo Leite mifht be announced in the next few days.

I’d be extremely excited by Esteves he likes to play as an inverted RB so would suit better than Doherty linking up with Adama. Unsure how I feel about Leite.

That’s what I thought was insane, the fact your in a position to be able to splash 35 million on potential talent, there’s teams in the top 6 that can’t do that(admittedly its due to higher expectations but regardless).

Can’t say I know the other two, Wolves seem to have a good idea what they want in the market, will be really interesting to see how some of these newer guys do next year!
  • Kman
    3301 posts National Call-Up
    Must’ve been scouted extensively? Cos everything about this signing seems excessive for 1 goal in top flight football in 18 games..
  • JohnDoe
    12147 posts Has That Special Something
    edited September 6
    Kman wrote: »
    Must’ve been scouted extensively? Cos everything about this signing seems excessive for 1 goal in top flight football in 18 games..

Not exactly a secret that Jorge Mendes pretty much runs Wolves. If he wants them to buy a specific player for 40 mill, they will.

That’s not to say that Fabio Silva won’t turn out to be good, just that this isn’t the first Mendes-sponsored deal and won’t be the last.

Fun fact: Nuno Espírito Santo was JM’s first client. Neat.
  • Dandingooo
    1867 posts Play-Off Hero
    I disagree that Mendes runs the club. Our owners have a fantastic relationship with him, also owning a percentage of his agency which means we work closely with him. It helps out with signings but ultimately Nuno and the scouting team pick the players.

If you read the Jeff Shi piece on the Rafa Silva signing we’ve been scouting him since he was 16.
  • Dandingooo
    1867 posts Play-Off Hero

Two more Portuguese players please.
  • Dandingooo
    1867 posts Play-Off Hero

Both good news. Marcal will be good backup to Vinagre/Saiss. I’d still love a CB on top of a RWB.

We’re sorting out the depth in our squad hugely.
  • Ahmer50x
    25066 posts Player of the Year
    Are we sure Marcal is the backup? Any chance Vinagre’s place is under threat?
  • Stlducks
    3240 posts National Call-Up
    According to the PL site, Wolves only have 5 English players and 8 Portugal players. They should buy a few more and have a full starting XI from Portugal.
  • Dandingooo
    1867 posts Play-Off Hero
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    Are we sure Marcal is the backup? Any chance Vinagre’s place is under threat?

Vinagre’s spot to keep, he’ll start the season as LWB I imagine.
    Stlducks wrote: »
    According to the PL site, Wolves only have 5 English players and 8 Portugal players. They should buy a few more and have a full starting XI from Portugal.

We almost have a full XI already

Patricio
    ?? Marques ?? Vinagre
    Neves Moutinho
    Neto Podence Jota
    Silva

We’re linked with a RB CB both from Portugal. Would make an XI.
  • JohnDoe
    12147 posts Has That Special Something
    edited September 6
    I disagree that Mendes runs the club. Our owners have a fantastic relationship with him, also owning a percentage of his agency which means we work closely with him. It helps out with signings but ultimately Nuno and the scouting team pick the players.

If you read the Jeff Shi piece on the Rafa Silva signing we’ve been scouting him since he was 16.

I’m not saying he literally runs your club but he holds way too much power when it comes to transfers. Your club is one of a chain of clubs which are heavily influenced by Mendes, to say the least. Porto, Benfica, Braga, Rio Ave, Atletico Madrid, Deportivo de La Coruna, Monaco, Valencia, Wolves, Nottingham Forest, Zenit and more are all clubs that are or were once a part of JM’s Carousel™.

Is that a bad thing for the clubs? Maybe, maybe not. His clients are usually good players, so the clubs are definitely getting something out of being in JM’s Carousel™, but the waters of football only get murkier and murkier.

Having said that, I like Wolves, they’re an exciting side. This is nothing against the club, I was just stating the reason for such a high fee for a player who has barely played top flight football. Then again, he is young and does seem to be good from what I’ve seen from him. I’m hoping he’ll be good for you guys.
  • Dandingooo
    1867 posts Play-Off Hero
    I think the Mendes influence at Wolves is overstated by most people. We’ve benefitted hugely from it, every year we get the “this is the season Neves, Jota and now Jimenez and Adama leaves that’s just how Mendes does it.”

None of that has happened, Doherty is the only one to similar of that. Although it seemed like he had run his course, Nuno wanted to freshen up the team, Doherty got a much bigger salary and move to a team who have been a lot better that Wolves recently. It was a moved that suited all parties. If it wasn’t for Juve Doherty would’ve been sold first season up if we got Cancelo.

There will be a time when one of our players are moved on but only with our owners blessing and for the right seen with Jimenez this summer.

The silva fee is huge but it’s to get in there before the top sides, as if he has a good season he’ll be commanding 80m+ like Felix.
  • Stlducks
    @Dandingooo have you heard anything about Wolves being in for Aurier? I have only heard it from a few places but I do not think they are very reliable. Just came out of nowhere so wondering if you heard anything on Wolves forums?
  • Dandingooo
    1867 posts Play-Off Hero
    @Dandingooo have you heard anything about Wolves being in for Aurier? I have only heard it from a few places but I do not think they are very reliable. Just came out of nowhere so wondering if you heard anything on Wolves forums?

Absolutely nothing on Wolves forums about it, I seen a sun Journo who was saying were in for him. You’d imagine he’d have been done deal with Doherty if there was any interest?

Another signing. One tomorrow too loan wire option to buy. Supposably Young french midfielder
  • Stlducks

Absolutely nothing on Wolves forums about it, I seen a sun Journo who was saying were in for him. You’d imagine he’d have been done deal with Doherty if there was any interest?

Another signing. One tomorrow too loan wire option to buy. Supposably Young french midfielder

That is exactly what I thought too. Would be pretty bad business by Wolves if they signed him after how cheap Doherty was. Doesn't sound like a move they would make.
  • Ahmer50x
    25066 posts Player of the Year
    Good signings to flush out the squad but you haven’t really improved your starting 11 short term yet.
  • Dandingooo
    1867 posts Play-Off Hero
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    Good signings to flush out the squad but you haven’t really improved your starting 11 short term yet.

It’s hard to improve our squad short-term. Ideally we’ll sign a RWB who’ll improve on Doherty and hopefully a CB. We’ve a young squad who’ll improve on their own. Factor in Podence has started to come into his own too I’m happy with the depth.
  • El_Nino
  • Dandingooo
    1867 posts Play-Off Hero

Mine either! He’ll only leave to Porto I imagine and they don’t need him unless Telles goes.
  • Dandingooo
    1867 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited September 7

More Portuguese :smile: and an attacking midfielder!

Edit: Porto fans are absolutely fuming on twitter. They must hate us snapping up all their young talent
  • Stlducks
    Seems like Wolves are doing with Jorge Mendes the same thing Arsenal are doing with Kia. Agent scouting instead of player scouting with the majority of their recent signings all by the same agent. So far, it seems the players are good players so this method is working for Wolves.
  • Dandingooo
    1867 posts Play-Off Hero
    Seems like Wolves are doing with Jorge Mendes the same thing Arsenal are doing with Kia. Agent scouting instead of player scouting with the majority of their recent signings all by the same agent. So far, it seems the players are good players so this method is working for Wolves.

Our only real flops have not been Mendes signing, Cutrone Vallejo. Good thing with Mendes even if they are flops you’d end up shifting them off for a similar price to Monaco/Valencia etc.
  • Tornado31619
    22467 posts Club Captain
    edited September 7
    So would you consider these all to be depth signings, or is there anyone who could potentially become a regular starter this season?

I’m mainly thinking of Marçal for FPL purposes.
  • Dandingooo
    1867 posts Play-Off Hero
    So would you consider these all to be depth signings, or is there anyone who could potentially become a regular starter this season?

Moutinho can’t play every game. Vitinha should be a fair amount after he settles in.

Marcal will be depth unless Vinagre goes. We’ve still to sign a few more players too we’ll buy a first choice RWB. I think its hard to improve on our first team, Doherty + Saiss were the main ones needing replaced and we’ve already got rid of Doherty. Depth was always our issue and were sorting that out.
  • Dandingooo
    1867 posts Play-Off Hero

“The sale of Alex Telles to the Wolves and the arrival of Rúben Vinagre to the Dragon should be announced in the next few hours”

Imagine.