►►► Serie A Lounge 2020-21 ◄◄◄

Comments

• AlexSolm
    8856 posts League Winner
    Lukaku also got a downgrade, no upgrade for De Vrij after winning best defender of the year. Just a silly game.
  • Pietu
    7251 posts Big Money Move
    Surprised? Fifa is a joke. I hope PES becomes good for next gen, that competition would only be good
  • Alemas_2012
    18773 posts World Class
    AlexSolm wrote: »
    Lukaku also got a downgrade, no upgrade for De Vrij after winning best defender of the year. Just a silly game.

Lukaku kept his rating and his stats got a buff.
  • AlexSolm
    8856 posts League Winner

Lukaku kept his rating and his stats got a buff.
    He was upset enough to complain on twitter.
  • Neckabob
    13459 posts Has That Special Something
    Calhanoglus stats :D
  • 1690_Ulster_FC
    3726 posts National Call-Up
    Neckabob wrote: »
    Calhanoglus stats :D

And LW 🤣

Bennacer 75 and Kessie 77 is a barrel of laughs.
  • Alemas_2012
    18773 posts World Class
    Takeaways from today's friendly match against Novara.
    First half: 3-5-2 with Danilo (God help us), Bonucci, and Chiellini as CBs, Cuadrado and Sandro as wingbacks, Rabiot, McKennie, and Ramsey as the midfielders, with Ronaldo and Kulusevski as the strikers.
    End of half: 1-0 for Juve with a Ronaldo goal assisted by Kulusevksi.
    Start of second half, same formation: Danilo, Demiral, and Sandro as CBs (GOD HELP US), Cuadrado and Pellegrini as wingbacks, Ramsey, Arthur, and Bentancur as midfielders, Pjaca and Costa as the attackers.
    More subs during the half, bringing in De Sciglio, Rugani (who became part of the 3 ATB, again God help us), and two youngsters.
    End result: 5-0, with goals from Ramsey, Pjaca, and two times from Portanova.
    McKennie, Rabiot, Pellegrini, Kulusevski, and Pjaca (the irony) all seemed decent.
    There is movement off the ball, finally.
    They are getting stuck in with tackles.
    Don't want to get carried away, but it looks promising... for the playstyle.
    Having to play 3 ATB and not having enough proper CBs for the job is a bit of a worry though... I don't want to see Danilo or Sandro in that position, D'Ambrosio-/Kolarov-style. :D
  • AlexSolm
    8856 posts League Winner
    Di Marzio says Juventus are most likely to sign Giroud because they don’t want to stay empty handed due to Suarez’ passport or Roma not selling Dzeko.
  • AlexSolm
    8856 posts League Winner
    Having to play 3 ATB and not having enough proper CBs for the job is a bit of a worry though... I don't want to see Danilo or Sandro in that position, D'Ambrosio-/Kolarov-style. :D
    Why not?
  • Alemas_2012
    18773 posts World Class
    Di Marzio says Juventus are most likely to sign Giroud because they don’t want to stay empty handed due to Suarez’ passport or Roma not selling Dzeko.

Didn't he also say we were going for Cavani too?
    We've been linked with a million different strikers. :joy:
    Suarez, Dzeko, Cavani, Lacazette, Raul Jimenez, Morata, Benzema (due to him playing at home with a Juve ball, I mean c'mon)... and now Giroud.
    Juve man Agresti said we were working "non-stop" for Suarez last week... so I'll go with him.
  • Alemas_2012
    18773 posts World Class
    Why not?

They both simply don't have the build to play CB. :D
    At least Kolarov and D'Ambrosio do roughly look like they could play as CBs... Danilo and Sandro, forget about it. :D
  • AlexSolm
    8856 posts League Winner
    Why not?

At least Kolarov and D'Ambrosio do roughly look like they could play as CBs... Danilo and Sandro, forget about it. :D

I don't love it but if the idea is for them to push forward like D'Ambrosio as an extra (technically limited) fullback it could work.
  • Alemas_2012
    18773 posts World Class
    Why not?

I don't love it but if the idea is for them to push forward like D'Ambrosio as an extra (technically limited) fullback it could work.

Let me remind you that we don't have De Vrij in the very middle, but Bonucci. :joy:
    It must be for emergencies only, not a regular thing.
  • HBK1925
    1921 posts Fans' Favourite
    Why are we interested in signing these plus 30 year old guys that aren't even free transfers????
    Smh
  • Alemas_2012
    18773 posts World Class
    Massive news.
    Antonio Conte has got himself an Instagram account.
    Juve fans can direct their abuse at him at @antonioconte.
    :trollface:
  • 1690_Ulster_FC
    3726 posts National Call-Up
    Massive news.

Why would you want to direct abuse at an ex player who was instrumental in winning only your second European Cup?

I think Berlusconi is responsible for some of Milans woes at the minute, but I certainly wouldn't direct abuse at him when his positives far outweigh the negatives.
  • Alemas_2012
    18773 posts World Class
    edited September 14
    Massive news.

Why would you want to direct abuse at an ex player who was instrumental in winning only your second European Cup?

I think Berlusconi is responsible for some of Milans woes at the minute, but I certainly wouldn't direct abuse at him when his positives far outweigh the negatives.

Hey, many Juve fans take his appointment as Inter manager as turning his back at his Juve past, both as captain and manager of the club, so whatever he did for us doesn't count anymore.
    Berlusconi's not comparable, he didn't end up working for Inter.
    I wasn't being serious anyway, hence the :trollface: . :D
  • theduckisstillperfect21
    6051 posts Big Money Move
    edited September 14
    Yo the season starts next and we don't have a striker
  • Alemas_2012
    18773 posts World Class

Ronaldo in a 3-5-2 is a striker. :D
  • Yo the season starts next and we don't have a striker

Terrible I really thought they would listen to him when he said he doesn't do well as a striker.
  • Alemas_2012
    18773 posts World Class

Terrible I really thought they would listen to him when he said he doesn't do well as a striker.

Evidently Pirlo thinks we can't play 4-3-3...
  • Alemas_2012
    18773 posts World Class
    What it is with Inter missing out on promising youngsters these days...
    Close to signing Kulusevski, we got him instead.
    Close to signing Tonali, Milan got him instead.
    They were apparently close to signing Kumbulla, now Roma are getting him.
    I guess they got Lautaro, Barella, Bastoni, and Hakimi, but the more, the better for any squad...
  • Alemas_2012
    18773 posts World Class
    If you're basing the completion of a football transfer entirely on the "speed" of Italian administrative bureaucracy... then you deserve to be fired.
    There's growing pessimism about Suarez arriving, hence why Juve are still keeping tabs on Dzeko.
    Damn it, it looks like we won't be getting Suarez after all.
    Everything's done between him and Juve, just a few things to sort out with Barca.
    But there's a massive, massive problem.
    He needs an Italian passport to get around the non-EU player limit.
    And knowing Italian bureaucracy, he can forget about getting it before the end of the transfer window. :joy:
    His wife has an Italian passport, he just needs to pass an exam tomorrow.

And you really think they'll give him the passport immediately after the exam?
    Suuuuuuurrrrrrrrre...
    Meanwhile, it seems the three-year 10 million-a-season contract is confirmed and the only footballing-related hiccup remaining is whether to pay Barca something or not.
    I still fail to be excited.
    There’s five more weeks until the deadline, even in Italy that’s enough time.

You were saying, @AlexSolm?
  • AlexSolm
    8856 posts League Winner
    Some are saying you’ll even get both, let’s see.
  • Alemas_2012
    18773 posts World Class

"Some" being wishful thinkers. :joy:
  • AlexSolm
    8856 posts League Winner

Maybe wishful to think it'll be them two but it makes sense if Pirlo sticks with this 3-5-2 that he'll need two more strikers.
  • Alemas_2012
    18773 posts World Class

Maybe wishful to think it'll be them two but it makes sense if Pirlo sticks with this 3-5-2 that he'll need two more strikers.

Dybala can play as a "striker" in that formation no problem.
    Still, it's embarrassing that at the start of the season we can't give a full squad to Pirlo... we should give him an easy start with life as a coach and instead he'll have to do miracles already.
    FYI, Higuain and Khedira still haven't officially left. :joy:
  • Alemas_2012
    18773 posts World Class
    If anyone's curious (and wants to put Google Translate through its paces), here's Pirlo's thesis for his coaching licence:
    https://www.figc.it/media/124922/andrea-pirlo_tesi.pdf
  • AlexSolm
    8856 posts League Winner
    If anyone's curious (and wants to put Google Translate through its paces), here's Pirlo's thesis for his coaching licence:
    I read about half of it but I don’t see anything interesting: the goalkeeper and center backs have important roles in building the play from the back, the entire team has to defend and attack together, a good offense is the best defense, etc.
  • Alemas_2012
    18773 posts World Class
    edited September 16
    I read about half of it but I don’t see anything interesting: the goalkeeper and center backs have important roles in building the play from the back, the entire team has to defend and attack together, a good offense is the best defense, etc.

Well, he does say he was inspired by Cruyff's and Guardiola's Barca sides, Van Gaal's Ajax, Ancelotti's Milan, and Juve's Conte.
    So in a way, we've seen it all before, he's just taking bits and pieces from them.
    He definitely won't be playing park the bus tactics, that much we can glean from the thesis. :D
    Don't think there's anything on set pieces though... he seems to be a fan of zonal marking, so I'm guessing he'll use that to defend corners as well?