OT: RIP Chadwick Boseman

AznSW
1792 posts Fans' Favourite
edited August 2020
Really shocked to hear about the death of such a young talented actor today.
As a tribute will use this Black Panther inspired theme for the rest of the game.



Screenshot-2020-08-29-at-1-30-03-PM.png
Post edited by AznSW on

Comments

  • Hitb1404
    396 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited August 2020
    RIP, great actor in black panther. One of my favourite [*]
  • HulkSmashPotato
    1483 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited August 2020
    tenor.gif?itemid=12652126

    Wakanda forever. My 4 year olds favourite and strangely enough he wanted to wear his costume today 🤔
  • RedRogue
    257 posts Sunday League Hero
    A real shame, I liked him as an actor.
  • Scu11duggery
    2203 posts Fans' Favourite
    It just goes to show you never know what people are dealing with. Incredible to think he was making movies for the last 4 years around chemo and operations and chose to do so privately. Respect to him for not letting it stop him doing what he loved. RIP
  • Scu11duggery
    2203 posts Fans' Favourite
    AznSW wrote: »
    Really shocked to hear about the death of such a young talented actor today.
    As a tribute will use this Black Panther inspired theme for the rest of the game.



    Screenshot-2020-08-29-at-1-30-03-PM.png

    Just unlocked the level 12 reward and there's a big black cat badge with orange accents. Matches the black panther and Marseille kit you're using perfectly
  • Zeke1216
    3178 posts National Call-Up
    I was so shocked to hear about his death, like
    When kobe died. It just seemed so sudden. Had no idea about his cancer and the pain he must have been going through. RIP
  • Atm365
    234 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    He didn’t want to be a burden to anyone. All he wanted was to give joy to the world with his art in his final days. RIP CB, Wakanda forever.
  • Dannyh328
    963 posts Professional
    Just because he’s a actor doesn’t mean he should get all the media attention and the rip of everybody, theirs hundred of thousands of children and adults dieing daily of cancer , humans only seem to care when it’s somebody famous
  • Drachenfells
    1924 posts Play-Off Hero
    If you don't have anything nice to say please don't say anything, there is no reason to attack people for being sad.

    Yes thousands of people are living with terminal cancer, I am one of them, I don't feel the need to belittle his death so neither should you.
  • Dannyh328
    963 posts Professional
    A member of my family was a heart surgeon and basically saved countless lives he ended up dieing of cancer nobody cares , but because somebody’s been on the tv and on a programme and famous humans come together for some strange reason
  • TH14228
    393 posts Sunday League Hero
    Dannyh328 wrote: »
    Just because he’s a actor doesn’t mean he should get all the media attention and the rip of everybody, theirs hundred of thousands of children and adults dieing daily of cancer , humans only seem to care when it’s somebody famous

    Whataboutery.
  • Dannyh328
    963 posts Professional
    If you don't have anything nice to say please don't say anything, there is no reason to attack people for being sad.

    Yes thousands of people are living with terminal cancer, I am one of them, I don't feel the need to belittle his death so neither should you.

    I’m not belittling his death ? It s very sad I agree but the fact humans only care about a famous person is the point I was trying to make , it’s not that I’m not being nice it’s just sometimes the truth seems nasty but it actually isn’t
  • Drachenfells
    1924 posts Play-Off Hero
    And when I pass, only my family will know and care, that's life, that's what happens, most of us don't know that many people, what do you expect to happen??

    When a Famous person dies of cancer the donations from the public to cancer research and mcmillan shoot up, as people feel a need to contribute something to show they care, would you take those donations away?

    You cannot mourn everybody who dies of cancer, the grief would cripple and overwhelm you, its why most oncologists are abrupt, they have seen so much death they can't get close to there patients anymore as they know that a large proportion are going to die.
  • Dannyh328
    963 posts Professional
    And when I pass, only my family will know and care, that's life, that's what happens, most of us don't know that many people, what do you expect to happen??

    When a Famous person dies of cancer the donations from the public to cancer research and mcmillan shoot up, as people feel a need to contribute something to show they care, would you take those donations away?

    You cannot mourn everybody who dies of cancer, the grief would cripple and overwhelm you, its why most oncologists are abrupt, they have seen so much death they can't get close to there patients anymore as they know that a large proportion are going to die.
    I agree with everything your saying but the fact of the matter is humans only care when somebody’s famous
  • Stone_cold_tea93
    3647 posts National Call-Up
    Dannyh328 wrote: »
    If you don't have anything nice to say please don't say anything, there is no reason to attack people for being sad.

    Yes thousands of people are living with terminal cancer, I am one of them, I don't feel the need to belittle his death so neither should you.

    I’m not belittling his death ? It s very sad I agree but the fact humans only care about a famous person is the point I was trying to make , it’s not that I’m not being nice it’s just sometimes the truth seems nasty but it actually isn’t

    People care because they have a connection with this person. Not to say people dont care about other but if you dont hear about it then it wont affect you.

    Bradley Lowry wasnt famous and his story affected people.
  • Drachenfells
    1924 posts Play-Off Hero
    People are only visible to each other when they are talking about someone famous, I'm sure that they care when there friends and family die they are devastated, but how can I relate to there pain when I never met them?

    Do you expect me to be in "grief mode" all the time as hundreds of people die of cancer everday, am I expected to mourn all of them?

    People mourn famous people as they feel a connection to them through there movies, music, art or whatever made them famous.

    To be honest I don't understand what you want, nobody to mourn anyone, or everyone to mourn everyone?
  • Scu11duggery
    2203 posts Fans' Favourite
    Dannyh328 wrote: »
    Just because he’s a actor doesn’t mean he should get all the media attention and the rip of everybody, theirs hundred of thousands of children and adults dieing daily of cancer , humans only seem to care when it’s somebody famous

    Your argument seems flawed. Of course a famous person's death will get media attention. They got media attention in life. People who aren't known publicly won't get attention when they pass away. People aren't going to grieve for people they don't know and haven't heard of. It would be very unhealthy from a mental standpoint to mourn the loss of everyone.

    I see a family member of yours passed through cancer and you have my condolences. I'm not sure if that has contributed to your viewpoint around the attention that this has received, but Chadwick Boseman's career had an impact on a lot of people so it stands to reason that his death will cause people to react, particularly as a man in his early 40s with a family, it feels untimely and is a shock as he kept his health issues private. It also reminds us that life is fleeting. As for your own loss - I'm sure the people that knew that person cared greatly and mourned their loss. We all know people who are fighting or have been lost to cancer and other reasons and I think it's important to not let those losses shape our views in a way that makes us appear bitter.
  • Dannyh328
    963 posts Professional
    edited August 2020
    People are only visible to each other when they are talking about someone famous, I'm sure that they care when there friends and family die they are devastated, but how can I relate to there pain when I never met them?

    Do you expect me to be in "grief mode" all the time as hundreds of people die of cancer everday, am I expected to mourn all of them?

    People mourn famous people as they feel a connection to them through there movies, music, art or whatever made them famous.

    To be honest I don't understand what you want, nobody to mourn anyone, or everyone to mourn everyone?

    I’m just saying if a scientist that made a breakthrough and helped save countless lives dies of cancer their wouldn’t be a post about it on fifa forums or nobody would have a connection? Sad but true , sorry if I offended I didn’t mean to I promise , I’m not going to reply to this now as it’s just going to go round in circles
  • SignpostSounder
    4238 posts National Call-Up
    Dannyh328 wrote: »
    And when I pass, only my family will know and care, that's life, that's what happens, most of us don't know that many people, what do you expect to happen??

    When a Famous person dies of cancer the donations from the public to cancer research and mcmillan shoot up, as people feel a need to contribute something to show they care, would you take those donations away?

    You cannot mourn everybody who dies of cancer, the grief would cripple and overwhelm you, its why most oncologists are abrupt, they have seen so much death they can't get close to there patients anymore as they know that a large proportion are going to die.
    I agree with everything your saying but the fact of the matter is humans only care when somebody’s famous

    And you thought it would be great to run into this thread - which is designed to be a kind of memorial to a person - to make your absolutely and incredibly obvious point that everybody already knew because...why, exactly?

    You just couldn't resist? Or were you trying to "achieve" something?
  • D0lvl
    4945 posts Big Money Move
    Dannyh328 wrote: »
    And when I pass, only my family will know and care, that's life, that's what happens, most of us don't know that many people, what do you expect to happen??

    When a Famous person dies of cancer the donations from the public to cancer research and mcmillan shoot up, as people feel a need to contribute something to show they care, would you take those donations away?

    You cannot mourn everybody who dies of cancer, the grief would cripple and overwhelm you, its why most oncologists are abrupt, they have seen so much death they can't get close to there patients anymore as they know that a large proportion are going to die.
    I agree with everything your saying but the fact of the matter is humans only care when somebody’s famous

    Such a false statement. Humans only care when somebody’s famous? lol.

    Fame = famous = widely known. of course he’ll get widely known attention. That’s part of the price for being famous. You get media attention whether you like it or not. Privacy is out the window for most well known actors.

    Why seek the world’s attention for your sorrows?


  • grabberpresident
    2455 posts Fans' Favourite
    Way too many off topic posts.
  • Clancy
    8484 posts League Winner
    Dannyh328 wrote: »
    Just because he’s a actor doesn’t mean he should get all the media attention and the rip of everybody, theirs hundred of thousands of children and adults dieing daily of cancer , humans only seem to care when it’s somebody famous

    This guy must be fun at parties 🤣🤣
Sign In or Register to comment.