Things that bug me about Fifa 20

PlacidCasual77
149 posts Has Potential To Be Special
These are the things that, in my opinion, drag this year’s game down. (Yes I was bored!)

Everything wrong with Fifa 20(IMO):

Drag backs/ball roll which OP leads to tedious play
Drop back OP
Overpowered AI defending
Underpowered AI attacking movement
Through balls ineffective unless spamming them down wings
Chipped pass ineffective
Meta players
Heading broken
Goalkeepers are just stupid
Near post goals OP
Crossbar/post hit too frequently
Manual defending not rewarding
Ridiculous deflections lead to goals too often
Objectives system leading to self relegation
Leagues not evenly populated
No casual mode
Defenders lock into ball rather than follow players
Under 90 rated players useless
Silver/bronze players unusable
Skill spammers
Toxic celebrations
Attacking football not rewarded
Defenders catch forwards too often
Icons don’t feel unique or special
Squad Battles beyond tedious
Football logic not rewarded
Menus are horrific
Button delay
Can’t change team name after using the objective - quite bizarre! It has to be the easiest fix in history yet they did nothing!

Post your frustrations below. If you are happy with the game and think I’m just ❤️❤️❤️❤️ at it then fair enough, duly noted!

Comments

• Gromit
    4865 posts Big Money Move
    Agree with many....

The format simply doesn't work anymore. Look where we are, pulling 90+ rated cards that we don't use but just throw into an SBC to pull another 90+ card we don't use.

Its ridiculous really....

People are in love with pulling all these 90+ cards but the game is far worse off for it.

As soon as the promos stopped people stopped playing. What does that tell us? That playing the game isn't fun and the attraction is the thrill of 'maybe' packing a great card. Is this really what the game should be?

It used to be about building a team, using it, selling it, build a new one, try new players. So over the course of a year you've built many teams and used loads of cards. Now we use the same players for hundreds, thousands of games sometimes only changing them to an upgraded version of the same player.

The magic of FUT has well and truly gone.
  • Mc_chigby
    1361 posts Professional
    Gromit wrote: »
    Agree with many....

The format simply doesn't work anymore. Look where we are, pulling 90+ rated cards that we don't use but just throw into an SBC to pull another 90+ card we don't use.

Its ridiculous really....

People are in love with pulling all these 90+ cards but the game is far worse off for it.

As soon as the promos stopped people stopped playing. What does that tell us? That playing the game isn't fun and the attraction is the thrill of 'maybe' packing a great card. Is this really what the game should be?

It used to be about building a team, using it, selling it, build a new one, try new players. So over the course of a year you've built many teams and used loads of cards. Now we use the same players for hundreds, thousands of games sometimes only changing them to an upgraded version of the same player.

The magic of FUT has well and truly gone.

Power curve is the issue. Increases to quick. Been saying it for the past few years but cards need a major step back in rating across the board. Worst bronze players need to be in the 20's and best gold cards (messi and alike) need to start off in the 80s. That way we actually have room from improvement. Would also make icons even more special for first 3-4 months in the game cycle. Won't happen though as EA are scared of the backlash of making Messi an 88 rated card
  • Mc_chigby
    1361 posts Professional
    I mean if the game was also fun to play we wouldn't be talking about issues like power curve and instead just excited with any new player to try lol
  • Clemster
    918 posts Semi-Pro
    If the game was truly dead then we wouldn't be on a forum talking about it.
  • shadowlee
    205 posts Sunday League Hero
    things that bug me....... people moaning about the game all year, saying ea trash, game play is a joke , everything is so bad with game... Then they go buy next years
  • Gromit
    shadowlee wrote: »
    things that bug me....... people moaning about the game all year, saying ea trash, game play is a joke , everything is so bad with game... Then they go buy next years

Change doesn't come from sitting quietly in the corner.

EA encourage community feedback. Changes have happened directly from it.

I'd say the forum is pretty split, theres a lot of people unhappy with various aspects of the game. It doesn't mean that they have to abandon it, it just means they would like to see change. Some people don't give a ❤️❤️❤️❤️ and carry on regardless. Each has a right to their opinion or action.
  • Clemster
    918 posts Semi-Pro

This. Or you get some people coming on the forums who moan and rant about how bad the game is when they've said they wont buy 21 and in fact have only bought one fifa since fifa 17.
  • Gromit
    Clemster wrote: »

This. Or you get some people coming on the forums who moan and rant about how bad the game is when they've said they wont buy 21 and in fact have only bought one fifa since fifa 17. @Gromit

Fixed it for you.
  • Elias_Samson
    156 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Drag backs/ball roll which OP leads to tedious play - drag backs/ball rolls arent op, its bad defending
    Drop back OP - didnt you just say that?
    Overpowered AI defending - ai defending is op? you sure about that? i tested that by only controlling the st and i lost 20-0.
    Underpowered AI attacking movement - agree with that
    Through balls ineffective unless spamming them down wings - havnt noticed that personally
    Chipped pass ineffective - i find it pretty useful tbh
    Meta players - i think if they made the ai less useless there wouldnt be meta players
    Heading broken - players wanted heading nerfed
    Goalkeepers are just stupid - just gks?...
    Near post goals OP - i guess
    Crossbar/post hit too frequently - idk really?
    Manual defending not rewarding - i dont know what that is...
    Ridiculous deflections lead to goals too often - its not ridiculous, you're just upset you're on the wrong side of it.
    Objectives system leading to self relegation - then dont do it?
    Leagues not evenly populated - some leagues have more/less teams?
    No casual mode - kick off?
    Defenders lock into ball rather than follow players - ai defending is dumb, but apparently theyre op?
    Under 90 rated players useless - better players are more useful than worse players. who would have thought
    Silver/bronze players unusable - because the ai cant defend and will allow themselves to get outpaced, but i guess theyre too op.
    Skill spammers - tackle them...?
    Toxic celebrations - whats that?
    Attacking football not rewarded - if it was you'd be complaining defencive football isnt rewarded
    Defenders catch forwards too often - do they?
    Icons don’t feel unique or special - arent they better and have max chemistry?
    Squad Battles beyond tedious - then dont play it...?
    Football logic not rewarded - not sure if you fit into this category but everyone thinks theyre a football genius and think everything they do should work, when they are far from it. if you were as smart as you think you are you'd probably be playing pro clubs where football intelligence is rewarded. football logic is an impossible task for ea to put into h2h because theres too much ai influence. if you make the attacking/positioning/movement too good the player in possesion wont have to do anything and every attack will be a chance. if you make the defence too good every game will be 0-0. ultimately h2h is a very unsatisfying game mode because if you win you have only won because you exploited the other players ai better than they exploited yours. you've really only beaten the ai.
    Menus are horrific - the menus... really.
    Button delay - cant complain about making the game smoother
    Can’t change team name after using the objective - quite bizarre! It has to be the easiest fix in history yet they did nothing!