oh didn't do that got 93 mendy and roussillion 92

Not sure what the relevance is. Arp is an ST

There's a player called arp I don't believe you
  • graff26lfc
    533 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Yarp
  • SanderFC
    3232 posts National Call-Up
    +3 for pace, shooting, dribbling and defending while +4 for passing and physical
  • Ballerson
    1046 posts Professional
    Arp, the only 95 rated player in Fifa who hasn’t scored a goal e in the first division of the country’s professional football he plays...

Its so bad its funny — again nothing against the guy at all —

And tbh I did the sbc w fodder — so hes in my squad, because I knew FCBayern was going to win...still, that this kid got a 95 is laughable ...perfect example of this “game” being so far off from reality....it ain’t a cheap imitation even, its a poor imitation...

• Amdp9
    6629 posts Big Money Move
    mindm4ster wrote: »
    SomeLegend wrote: »
    who's Karp?

Common-Carp-Underwater.jpg

:D
  • BogusTommy
    1588 posts Play-Off Hero
    99 rated ST/CF/LF/RF with maestro.

69XDFTn.png
  • Gromit
    4865 posts Big Money Move
    So what will he be if Bayern win the UCL?

I thought he'd only go up to 93 then 95 after the final.

• JohnDoe
    12175 posts Has That Special Something
    edited August 2020
    Gromit wrote: »

This card won’t get any more upgrades, as he was a showdown player for the semis. The Bayern showdown player for the final is the Alaba that was released today.
  • Tjahr
    477 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Gromit wrote: »

It was a showdown, means +3 if bayern beated lyon. Bayern won, arp upgraded 👌
  • Ballerson
    1046 posts Professional
    JohnDoe wrote: »
    Why are people so rattled about this card? It’s a great card, quite unique, definitely playable. This is the type of card we should be getting, same goes for that new Alaba card.

Why should it matter if Arp is completely unknown to some? Many icons are completely unknown to what I’d say constitutes the majority of the player base (teenagers). To younger people, icons mean very little, myself included and I’m not that young. I barely got to watch any icons currently in the game and the ones I did watch I can barely remember watching, save maybe for 3 or 4 players. Everyone else I only knew by name or I simply didn’t know them at all.

To me, Arp is as unknown as Vieri, for example. I wouldn’t know who the latter was if not for FIFA, which is exactly the same thing I can say for Arp.

It’s not just that he’s “unknown” to some, Arp hasn’t even scored a goal or logged more than 10 minutes in any game in any Bundesliga 1 game for Bayern. the card is killer, 95...hes fun to use & I ‘ll use him... really don’t want to pile on as tbh it’s just a good reminder that this is eas world & it doesn’t resemble the real thing..
  • tzinc
    3246 posts National Call-Up
    this card is the biggest bs in the history of EA I mean even the OP cards despite being OP never get insane ratings
  • spy
    2334 posts Fans' Favourite
    Ballerson wrote: »
    Arp, the only 95 rated player in Fifa who hasn’t scored a goal e in the first division of the country’s professional football he plays...

Ter Stegen? :D
  • JohnDoe
    edited August 2020
    Why are people so rattled about this card? It’s a great card, quite unique, definitely playable. This is the type of card we should be getting, same goes for that new Alaba card.

Why should it matter if Arp is completely unknown to some? Many icons are completely unknown to what I’d say constitutes the majority of the player base (teenagers). To younger people, icons mean very little, myself included and I’m not that young. I barely got to watch any icons currently in the game and the ones I did watch I can barely remember watching, save maybe for 3 or 4 players. Everyone else I only knew by name or I simply didn’t know them at all.

To me, Arp is as unknown as Vieri, for example. I wouldn’t know who the latter was if not for FIFA, which is exactly the same thing I can say for Arp.

It’s not just that he’s “unknown” to some, Arp hasn’t even scored a goal or logged more than 10 minutes in any game in any Bundesliga 1 game for Bayern. the card is killer, 95...hes fun to use & I ‘ll use him... really don’t want to pile on as tbh it’s just a good reminder that this is eas world & it doesn’t resemble the real thing..

So? It’s just a virtual item in a video game. That’s it. No reason to get riled up about it (not saying you are), especially when the release happened so late in the game’s life cycle.
  • Cbn
    1648 posts Play-Off Hero

So? It’s just a virtual item in a video game. That’s it. No reason to get riled up about it (not saying you are), especially when the release happened so late in the game’s life cycle.

The cards are virtual items In a video game. Well, why dont we then just randomize every players overall rating then, shouldnt be a problem.
  • JohnDoe
    Cbn wrote: »

The cards are virtual items In a video game. Well, why dont we then just randomize every players overall rating then, shouldnt be a problem.

Real “gotcha moment” right here, ya dun goofed me hard.

That’s not what I said, simply put, no need for the straw man. Anyway, that’s just the thing, this isn’t a base card, it’s a special card that was released late into the game’s life cycle. TOTSSF, SH and this Pre-Season promo happened post-May, everyone had 8 months or so to enjoy their icons and NIFs/IFs/whatever. Now is the time to let loose a bit and have fun, it’s what vidya is for.

I don’t think we’re on opposite sides of the “argument” here, we just aren’t fully aligned in the sense that I don’t let overall ratings define players. Maybe you don’t, either, but your post does indicate that you attribute a higher degree of importance to overall ratings than I do.
  • Though it was an odd choice at the time so didn’t do him.....

tbf though i cant think of a Bayern player who doesn’t have a big card now...and it would be unfair if they dropped an 84 rated sbc for a player with big card already as it would kill the market value of the existing card.

Goalkeeper was maybe an option but I doubt we would have been rushing to do that...

So we end up with ARP???......might have a quid on him to get on and score in the final
  • SuperKMx
    3479 posts National Call-Up
    And tbh I did the sbc w fodder — so hes in my squad, because I knew FCBayern was going to win...still, that this kid got a 95 is laughable ...perfect example of this “game” being so far off from reality....it ain’t a cheap imitation even, its a poor imitation...

I would have thought playing in a match where the same deceased player is in goal for both teams would have given it away.

But nope, it's Arp.
  • SuperKMx wrote: »

I would have thought playing in a match where the same deceased player is in goal for both teams would have given it away.

But nope, it's Arp.

😂
  • BombSquadPuppy
    2297 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited August 2020

Reason most are rattled by this choice, as the bayern v lyon showdown card, is Arp has never even been in the lineup for a bayern(div1) game, he only ever appeared in a bayern2(div3) games...

Just as an example; thats like giving a div3 liverpool (Clearly not a real team, just an example for those that dont know why this is a travesty) youth member a card for the main squad over a game they never even appeared in the roster for

Especially considering the multitude of different selections they could have made, for their actual div1 players 🤔
  • JohnDoe
    edited August 2020

Reason most are rattled by this choice, as the bayern v lyon showdown card, is Arp has never even been in the lineup for a bayern(div1) game, he only ever appeared in a bayern2(div3) games...

Just as an example; thats like giving a div3 liverpool (Clearly not a real team, just an example for those that dont know why this is a travesty) youth member a card for the main squad over a game they never even appeared in the roster for

Especially considering the multitude of different selections they could have made, for their actual div1 players 🤔

I am aware of all that, still don’t understand how this is that bad, not to the point of being called a travesty. Other players could’ve gotten the card? Sure. Is it a big deal that they didn’t? No. Bayern have plenty of special cards, EA just gave us something different. These cards have nothing to do with RL performance, they’re just acting as tie-ins for the CL promo.

There’s quite literally hundreds of performance-based special cards already, nothing wrong with having a little fun and giving someone like Arp a card. Heck, I’d argue that this is something that they could do even more often. I’m all for fresh options and variety.

Honestly, to me, this is a really strange hill for people to choose to die on. But to each their own. If you don’t like it, fine, complain about it, don’t do the SBCs, whatever. These are all rights you have as a customer and I’m all for the due exercise of consumer rights.
  • BombSquadPuppy
    2297 posts Fans' Favourite

I am aware of all that, still don’t understand how this is that bad, not to the point of being called a travesty. Other players could’ve gotten the card? Sure. Is it a big deal that they didn’t? No. Bayern have plenty of special cards, EA just gave us something different. These cards have nothing to do with RL performance, they’re just acting as tie-ins for the CL promo.

There’s quite literally hundreds of performance-based special cards already, nothing wrong with having a little fun and giving someone like Arp a card. Heck, I’d argue that this is something that they could do even more often. I’m all for fresh options and variety.

Honestly, to me, this is a really strange hill for people to choose to die on. But to each their own. If you don’t like it, fine, complain about it, don’t do the SBCs, whatever. These are all rights you have as a customer and I’m all for the due exercise of consumer rights.

But what keeps getting glanced over is a card being issued for a player that isnt really a part of the team, Arp is a bayern2 player, thats their 3rd division team, Bayern from the bundesliga is a 1st division team...

For a card to be issued in this manner is like saying Lewandowski being issued a real madrid card for a “RM showdown”; although thats too drastic of an example, its the same effect
  • JohnDoe

But what keeps getting glanced over is a card being issued for a player that isnt really a part of the team, Arp is a bayern2 player, thats their 3rd division team, Bayern from the bundesliga is a 1st division team...

For a card to be issued in this manner is like saying Lewandowski being issued a real madrid card for a “RM showdown”; although thats too drastic of an example, its the same effect

It’s not the same effect at all, Arp is contractually bound to Bayern. They bought him for 3 mill. He is, for all intents and purposes, a Bayern player. He played for their reserves team this year and featured on the main squad’s bench twice. That is being a part of the team, just look at what Klopp recently said about players who train with the main squad yet don’t get any game time.