Pausing

Clemster
905 posts Semi-Pro
Any ideas if pausing at the start of the game has been addressed?

Comments

• Mc_chigby
    1334 posts Professional
    What you mean opponents pausing at the start to swap out players? I'm pretty sure people would still do that. I mean hopefully the idiots who do this without realising you can swap formation in tactics will clue up but why would it be addressed
  • SuperKMx
    3479 posts National Call-Up
    Clemster wrote: »
    Any ideas if pausing at the start of the game has been addressed?

Yes.

And no, it hasn't. Likely never will be.
  • Gervonta
    4235 posts National Call-Up
    Should be changed to 1 pause per player tbh would soon put a stop to it.
  • QuidoFrontiere
    674 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Gervonta wrote: »
    Should be changed to 1 pause per player tbh would soon put a stop to it.

And how u make substitutes then? Quick substitution is not good enough...
  • BuZuS
    1521 posts Play-Off Hero
    Half-time + 1 pause seems enough.
  • QuidoFrontiere
    edited August 2020
    BuZuS wrote: »
    Half-time + 1 pause seems enough.

Nonsense. We have 3 subs and I almost never sub in half time...
  • Janscharie
    493 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited August 2020
    Pause time has been reduced to 15 or 20 seconds
  • BuZuS
    1521 posts Play-Off Hero
    Oh, so you don't know you can do 3 subs in 1 pause? Now you know, you're welcome!
  • xGrumpyWolfx
    3308 posts National Call-Up
    Oh, so you don't know you can do 3 subs in 1 pause? Now you know, you're welcome!

Shouldn't mean you should be forced to use all 3 at once though should it?
  • BuZuS
    1521 posts Play-Off Hero
    You should be able to put together a bench so that you don't even need a pause for subs though? If not, 1 pause needs to be enough.
  • Clemster
    905 posts Semi-Pro
    What about no pauses allowed before half-time. Or no subs allowed before half-time?
  • BuZuS
    1521 posts Play-Off Hero
    What about no pauses allowed before half-time. Or no subs allowed before half-time?
    Except for injuries & red cards, absolutely for it.
  • SuperKMx
    3479 posts National Call-Up
    I don't see why they can't implement a better system that allows for substitutions WITHOUT pausing.

When the ball goes out of play, press RT to show all 11 player cards on the bottom of the screen. Select one. Show the subs bench. Select one. Highlight "confirm" or "make another substitution." Press the button. Done.

That and the ability to set up to 5 quick-select tactics - that could be increased to 10 if they really wanted - would remove the need for pausing outside of emergencies altogether.
  • Gervonta

You’re not forced though..... you can make a sub at half time if needed then another with your pause.

• xGrumpyWolfx

You’re not forced though..... you can make a sub at half time if needed then another with your pause.

You would be if you wanted to make 3 changes at different times. Teams irl don't usually sub at half time and they don't usually use all 3 subs at once, so why should it be different in FIFA?
  • Gervonta

You would be if you wanted to make 3 changes at different times. Teams irl don't usually sub at half time and they don't usually use all 3 subs at once, so why should it be different in FIFA?

Teams don’t also start 3 low level ability players and then sub on 3 star men within the first minute.
  • xGrumpyWolfx

Teams don’t also start 3 low level ability players and then sub on 3 star men within the first minute.

Not everyone does that in FIFA though do they? Would be harsh to limit the pauses for people who actually want to make impact subs later in the game because a few people get triggered by people bringing players on early.
  • Gervonta

Not everyone does that in FIFA though do they? Would be harsh to limit the pauses for people who actually want to make impact subs later in the game because a few people get triggered by people bringing players on early.

Literally 90% of the game do.... it’s very rare you can have a pause free game. Always some kid who does it.
  • Gervonta
    Except for injuries & red cards, absolutely for it.

This. Or even 1 pause available before half time but the team sheet is locked until half time. Only opens up for 1 special exemption sub if there’s an injury, if there’s a red card you’re also only allowed 1 special exemption sub.

Would make the game so enjoyable. Ultimate team should be a pit of tactics trying to outwit and beat the other not starting 3 players to achieve full Chem then subbing in 3 different players who would have dead links.

• Gromit
    4865 posts Big Money Move

Literally 90% of the game do.... it’s very rare you can have a pause free game. Always some kid who does it.

Not in my experience.

Icon Swaps and stuff like that, sure. But in Rivals I'd say people pause at kick off once in every 20 games or less.

No problem with pauses personally. Every now and then I'll face someone that pauses 2 or 3 times in a short space of time which can be frustrating but its so rare its not something I think about.
  • Gervonta
    Gromit wrote: »

Not in my experience.

Icon Swaps and stuff like that, sure. But in Rivals I'd say people pause at kick off once in every 20 games or less.

No problem with pauses personally. Every now and then I'll face someone that pauses 2 or 3 times in a short space of time which can be frustrating but its so rare its not something I think about.

I don’t think it’s as bad right now because there’s many special cards so people can actually make teams without swapping but before Christmas really where it peaked.

People starting 4-3-3 then swapping out players to and switching to 4-2-3-1 narrow or a 4-1-2-1-2. Putting Wingers at CAM positions, starting cheap golds to play the starting formation to acquire full Chem then subbing in players with dead links to avoid low chem.

It ruins the game tbh May aswell take out chemistry if they dont limit the pauses cause it’s just broken with people who start low end players and sub on there high end ones just so they get 7 Chem instead of 3.
  • QuidoFrontiere
    SuperKMx wrote: »
    I don't see why they can't implement a better system that allows for substitutions WITHOUT pausing.

When the ball goes out of play, press RT to show all 11 player cards on the bottom of the screen. Select one. Show the subs bench. Select one. Highlight "confirm" or "make another substitution." Press the button. Done.

That and the ability to set up to 5 quick-select tactics - that could be increased to 10 if they really wanted - would remove the need for pausing outside of emergencies altogether.

It would be good. But with those who skips everything it is imposible. I often even dont know I got red card.
    With such system u wrote it'll be needed to have few seconds before kick/shrowin etc.
  • QuidoFrontiere

I am with this too...
  • BuZuS
    1521 posts Play-Off Hero
    Teams irl don't usually sub at half time and they don't usually use all 3 subs at once, so why should it be different in FIFA?
    Because irl, a sub doesn't mean a 4 minute break?
  • Boommaametw3
    3733 posts National Call-Up

Why? Everyone has 3 pauses it doesn't when he wants to use. What if he gets a red card in 7th min if you he can't sub before half time?
    If you don't have the time to play an online game then don't play. Don't know why people complain so much when play online games.
  • Gervonta

Why? Everyone has 3 pauses it doesn't when he wants to use. What if he gets a red card in 7th min if you he can't sub before half time?
    If you don't have the time to play an online game then don't play. Don't know why people complain so much when play online games.

It’s not that they don’t have the time, it’s the fact people just want to play a good game of Fifa which then already gets ruined when you get paused in the first second of the match just so some kid and sub on 3 different players who can’t get any chem in their original starting 11 so they need to sub them on to cheat the system.

As for the red card like we’ve said it would be no pauses before half time unless a red card or injury and even then you’re only allowed to use one sub to adjust to the situation.
  • BuZuS
    1521 posts Play-Off Hero
    If you don't have the time to play an online game then don't play.
    If you think watching a timer on a pause screen is playing, don't comment.
  • xGrumpyWolfx
    Teams irl don't usually sub at half time and they don't usually use all 3 subs at once, so why should it be different in FIFA?
    Because irl, a sub doesn't mean a 4 minute break?

What are you on about?
  • RadioShaq
    17879 posts Moderator
    Probably see it even more with the change to fitness. Now everyone can use all 3 subs.
  • QuidoFrontiere
    edited August 2020
    If you don't have the time to play an online game then don't play.
    If you think watching a timer on a pause screen is playing, don't comment.

Its a part of game, same like menus, loading times etc. All counts. I am with other, if u dont have time, dont even start the game (not match). And it count to any game...