The Lag

Figz
9 posts Ball Boy
What’s the Deal with the lag?
Doesn’t matter wether I play FUT or Seasons there’s a huge lag. My players run like if they were running on sand. I can’t even sprint!!! I’ve put so much time into this game and it’s frustrating. I’ve been told the EA severs are terrible. I live 5 min away from EA Sports in Norther California. I don’t get it!!
Is anyone else dealing with this?

Comments

• DANNY_M
    286 posts Sunday League Hero
    Yeah here in Liverpool UK every game
    Is horrific so annoying.
  • DANNY_M
    286 posts Sunday League Hero
    Are you on PS4 or XBOX
  • JohnDoe
    12113 posts Has That Special Something
    edited August 19
    DR has been a nightmare for me for weeks. Since the new servers went up, DR gameplay has been nothing short of disastrous, just horrible 95% of the time. And then I play WL and it’s a whole different ball game, I don’t get the insane input delay I get in DR. I have no clue what’s going on anymore, I assume this is down to my ISP but I’ve tried everything in terms of troubleshooting and I’m seeing no improvements whatsoever.

Oh, well.
  • Figz
    9 posts Ball Boy
    On top of all that I just proved my point that Division play/rankings is trash for FUT. I just played 3 different opponents who were in way higher divisions!!
  • Figz
    9 posts Ball Boy
    edited August 20
    I’m on PS4
  • RadioShaq
    16205 posts Moderator
    Matchmaking is by skill rating so you can play someone outside of your division.
  • Figz
    9 posts Ball Boy
    RadioShaq wrote: »
    Matchmaking is by skill rating so you can play someone outside of your division.

Now that makes sense but at that point why even have divisions 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • RadioShaq
    16205 posts Moderator
    Probably just easier to identify what skill rating or bracket you are in. Other games call it colors rather than divisions. Probably easier than saying I am bracket whatever skill rating - whatever skill rating.
  • Figz
    9 posts Ball Boy
    Probably just easier to identify what skill rating or bracket you are in. Other games call it colors rather than divisions. Probably easier than saying I am bracket whatever skill rating - whatever skill rating.

Where do you see your skill rating?
  • kapulsky
    285 posts Sunday League Hero

Why when I played in the 9th division. I got strong opponents from the higher divisions. And how I started playing in the 6th division. I get weak lineups and weak players. It turns out that my skill level was lower and I played with strong players. And now my skill level is higher and I play with the weak? This contradicts your words. I think this is a lie imposed on you for us. But I'm more than sure that this is a rating. Which is assigned to everyone. It can only be corrected by EA. I couldn't choose from division 7 for a whole year. Each time I got closer to the 7th division. Immediately, the selection of players was bad for me. Strong composition. Strong player. Has a bad connection. Input delay. The madness of AI. This continued until I dropped down to division 9. After that, I can play well again until division 7. And so for a whole year! And then a miracle happened! I play in the 6th division. It's the third day I get weak players. Weak compositions. Good connection. Great reaction from the players. I'm already about division 5. There is no faith in your words
  • kapulsky
    285 posts Sunday League Hero
    Figz wrote: »

Where do you see your skill rating?

You can't see it. The rating can only be felt in the game. If you play between one and the other divisions. This is the rating. It will be very difficult for you to do better without AI permission. Also if you are in the same division. Here is your rating. The game will do everything to keep you within these limits. Perhaps this is the distribution of players in places. Many people don't play now. It is possible to play in higher divisions. There were places. I couldn't get above division 7 for a whole year. Now I am near the 5th division. Now a completely different selection of players and lineups. I get weak players and lineups for 3 days in a row. Conclude. EA-Fair play. No!