Another lawsuit against EA over loot boxes

greif44
6117 posts Big Money Move
https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/ea-faces-a-class-action-lawsuit-over-ultimate-team-loot-boxes/

Now it`s in US. Don`t really see it changing things a lot, but who knows. Imo current pack system needs complete overhaul

Comments

• Empyrium7
    3783 posts National Call-Up
    I don't see anything changing unfortunately.
    And if it happens, They'll find another way to empty some pockets.
    It's a business model that is pouring money in their pocket
  • greif44
    6117 posts Big Money Move
    Empyrium7 wrote: »

me neither, mate
    And I'm not really against EA (or any other company) selling packs for real money. Posted just FYI as I saw this news online and haven't seen it here.
    A bit more transparency about packs wouldn't hurt though.
  • Empyrium7
    3783 posts National Call-Up
    greif44 wrote: »
    Empyrium7 wrote: »

me neither, mate
    And I'm not really against EA (or any other company) selling packs for real money. Posted just FYI as I saw this news online and haven't seen it here.
    A bit more transparency about packs wouldn't hurt though.

I'm the same. I'm not against the company since it's a business model and the point is to maximize profit. and I never buy packs so it's not affecting me.
    but as you said. a bit of transparency relating pack probability would be nice for people who puts money in the game. instead of <1% BS
  • AD777
    7 posts Ball Boy
    To be honest if something was to actually happen it would be beneficial in the long run. The fact of the matter is that FUT is EA's main source of income. Losing that income or a big portion of it would force them to put énfasis on creating improvement's to the game that will push that incentive to old and new players to buy the game. Yes that would probably make it difficult to put more money into the production of the game, but after years of copy and paste and taking those millions of dollars, it's time for change.
  • Lonestarr033
    77 posts Park Captain
    AD777 wrote: »
    To be honest if something was to actually happen it would be beneficial in the long run. The fact of the matter is that FUT is EA's main source of income. Losing that income or a big portion of it would force them to put énfasis on creating improvement's to the game that will push that incentive to old and new players to buy the game. Yes that would probably make it difficult to put more money into the production of the game, but after years of copy and paste and taking those millions of dollars, it's time for change.

their response won't be trying to make the game better, it will be making you pay for DLC.
  • AD777
    7 posts Ball Boy
    It's either we as a community decide to let things continue the route it has for many years or actually act upon a change that we have been asking for many yeas now
  • BadSeedsFC
    2957 posts National Call-Up
    EA has been a naughty, naughty company 🐒⚡
  • salvadordali1
    314 posts Sunday League Hero

their response won't be trying to make the game better, it will be making you pay for DLC.

At least they will have to describe what is in this DLC. Less than 1% wont be enough, and kids around the world will know for what they gave their parents money.. Right? :)
  • salvadordali1
    314 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited August 2020
    It's either we as a community decide to let things continue the route it has for many years or actually act upon a change that we have been asking for many yeas now

Their community gets a fresh update every year. New kids are old enough to play a game by themself, or/and are geting new console/pc. So protesting cant work, only laws can control this beast.
  • RemyS
    919 posts Semi-Pro
    I actually hope they won't have to change their system. As it was said above by two posters, it's not affecting me either as I never bought a pack (and I got 3 teams worth like 5 M each anyway despite playing only a bit in div 9 and never in WL, so anyone could) and it might mean they change their model to paying DLC's or something, and maybe it would be harder to get good teams without buying anything but the game.
    They make a ton of money with packs, so obviously if they can't they will need to find an additional source of income, and it can't be only selling more copies as they already sell a ton every year, no matter if harcore players here find it good or bad.
  • El_Nino
    9415 posts League Winner
    It isn’t going to make any difference regardless, they’d just stop with packs and start selling players/coins directly for money themselves.
  • SignpostSounder
    4213 posts National Call-Up
    El_Nino wrote: »
    It isn’t going to make any difference regardless, they’d just stop with packs and start selling players/coins directly for money themselves.

I don't think they would. People would see through that in an instant.

I think they'd switch it to a monthly subscription model that comes bundled with "free" packs depending on your subscription tier. That's the dream scenario, as they'd probably have to work a bit harder on improvements to keep people subscribed long-term.
  • GoodnightIrene
    4194 posts National Call-Up
    If packs get banned then they will simply change to a season pass feature like Fortnite and Cod etc.