How’s your weekend league going?

GoonerDude81
1010 posts Professional
I’m on 2-3. Standard start. Played against some ‘Just Dancers’ as I call them and got so bored of their dancing that I just didn’t bother playing. I attacked but just let them score. Can’t be bothered to defend like mad against these dancers.

Comments

• Theomanny
    2574 posts National Call-Up
    😂
  • Bobo23
    3719 posts National Call-Up
    Finished playing a few weeks ago, time for a well deserved break and then to come back refreshed for 21.
  • Hammer316
    2853 posts Fans' Favourite
    Haven't played for weeks but might give it a bash this weekend as the weather is crap.
  • BC_United
    1289 posts Play-Off Hero
    played my 1st games just now and felt strange...

1st game 3-0 up and opponent seems to have turned into a different person from 75th min onwards... scored 4 before 90th min

2nd game 2-0 up then opponent scored 3 back before half time and started toying me with diff kinds of skill moves (i don't skill at all)

both opponents started as much inferior and then switched to way superior... as if either:

1. there's some kind of objectives to let me score several and then win with a great comeback

2. opponent's connection seriously lagged then returned to normal? or my connection was fine then started lagging (noticed a lot of times when i triggered a good thru ball then there's the lag.... not sure if that's the 4G hotspot lag the opponent triggered)

3. or i have been playing with 2 different ppl in each game as if they switched halfway thru

is anyone experiencing anything similar?
  • MUFC_420
    2924 posts Fans' Favourite
    Didn't even register this weekend. Have only played 1 weekend in about the last month and it was last weekend where I stopped at 11 wins.

The weather is too good to be sitting inside playing this mess of a game.
  • gooner8262
    62 posts Park Captain
    Realized if you don’t stress much about It and play for fun you can actually play really well. Currently 10-2 unlike previous ones when I stressed and struggled lol
  • GoonerDude81
    1010 posts Professional
    MUFC_420 wrote: »
    Didn't even register this weekend. Have only played 1 weekend in about the last month and it was last weekend where I stopped at 11 wins.

Weather is horrible here 😂 in Somerset.

• Hammer316

Yeah it's ❤️❤️❤️❤️ down for a few days where I am so giving it a go for first time in a month or so. 2-1 so far, some really sweaty games already. Just going to get to 17 wins hopefully in a relaxed way.
  • MUFC_420
    2924 posts Fans' Favourite

I'm in Northern Ireland and yesterday and today has been some of the best weather we've had this year. Spent last night in a mates garden with a few drinks, BBQ and playing cards. Tonight I'm just recovering and relaxing in the sun. Have to make the most of it here as these days are few and far between.
  • BuZuS
    1521 posts Play-Off Hero
    6-6, maintaining my 50% ratio. Lost some I shouldn't have, won some I shouldn't have.
    Faced, and lost to, the biggest knob I've ever encountered in FIFA.
  • Rajarshi_CFC
    908 posts Professional
    Didn't even start. Not even sure who to start.
  • 4-2, I clearly had the connection advantage in 3 of the 4 I won and the disadvantage in one of my losses, the other losses was just an unreal team with mbaPpe, neymar, de bruyne, ribery etc, just miles better than me,
  • Jordi93
    538 posts An Exciting Prospect
    6-10. Worst ever in history of FUT. Every player I’ve faced is sitting on their goal line. Absolute ❤️❤️❤️❤️ in August.
  • Amdp9
    6717 posts Big Money Move
    4-7 awful delay today, TOTSSF Pique chasing down my TOTY Mbappe and TOTY CR7
  • Liamalone
    325 posts Sunday League Hero
    0-0
  • AdagioMalique
    150 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Nil Nil
  • Growler
    767 posts Semi-Pro
    BC_United wrote: »

1st game 3-0 up and opponent seems to have turned into a different person from 75th min onwards... scored 4 before 90th min

2nd game 2-0 up then opponent scored 3 back before half time and started toying me with diff kinds of skill moves (i don't skill at all)

both opponents started as much inferior and then switched to way superior... as if either:

1. there's some kind of objectives to let me score several and then win with a great comeback

2. opponent's connection seriously lagged then returned to normal? or my connection was fine then started lagging (noticed a lot of times when i triggered a good thru ball then there's the lag.... not sure if that's the 4G hotspot lag the opponent triggered)

3. or i have been playing with 2 different ppl in each game as if they switched halfway thru

I’ve noticed this in a lot of games recently. I can actually notice the difference from one half to the next. It’s like someone has switched something on at half time. I can be cruising in the game at half time winning by 2-3 goals and the game feels responsive. Then all of a sudden the game decides that my players won’t do a thing whilst my opponents players buzz around the pitch. It’s like I’m playing a different player.

But to be fair, I also notice it working in my favour too. It almost feels like EA have tried to fix the issues we are having with connection by giving the players the advantage in each half, which to be honest Might work if that is what they have done. I posted recently about these kind of games where you just know something isn’t right but as I’ve just said, it now feels like it really is a game of two halves.
  • Hammer316
    Finished up 6-1 last night. Has been quite enjoyable after a long break from WL. Playing 41212 narrow with fullbacks get forward.
  • BC_United
    1289 posts Play-Off Hero
    Growler wrote: »
    BC_United wrote: »

I’ve noticed this in a lot of games recently. I can actually notice the difference from one half to the next. It’s like someone has switched something on at half time. I can be cruising in the game at half time winning by 2-3 goals and the game feels responsive. Then all of a sudden the game decides that my players won’t do a thing whilst my opponents players buzz around the pitch. It’s like I’m playing a different player.

But to be fair, I also notice it working in my favour too. It almost feels like EA have tried to fix the issues we are having with connection by giving the players the advantage in each half, which to be honest Might work if that is what they have done. I posted recently about these kind of games where you just know something isn’t right but as I’ve just said, it now feels like it really is a game of two halves.

ya other than lag i can't explain why opponent would let me do so
    I was clearing walking through the 1st 75 mins of the 1st game and until i scored my 2nd goal in my 2nd game...

like i was literally tearing their defence apart with 1-2s and i wasn't even trying hard

then as soon as they switch on i couldn't even touch the ball or even if i did the ball stolen away from behind instantly....

i'm at 0-5 now... ended up losing all first 5 games last night and decided to stop.... will see how it goes today

my aim is S1 as usual and not sure if having wasted 5 games vs being in a -5 form is an advantage or disadvantage
  • gregsii
    1308 posts Professional
    BuZuS wrote: »
    6-6, maintaining my 50% ratio. Lost some I shouldn't have, won some I shouldn't have.
    Faced, and lost to, the biggest knob I've ever encountered in FIFA.

I'd like to hear your definition of 'the biggest knob in FIFA'

So far I'm on 8-0, I seem to have played only terrible players so far, gotten lucky with match making.
  • JWNYsg
    7006 posts Big Money Move
    Haven’t won a game. Did the weekly objectives first to get Martial. He’s not bad. Scored a few but I haven’t been able to win a game. Rivals also tough today due to the icon reward I think
  • BuZuS
    1521 posts Play-Off Hero
    gregsii wrote: »
    I'd like to hear your definition of 'the biggest knob in FIFA'
    I take the 1-0 lead, of course skip everything.

He scores 2, doing shush - "I can't hear you" - shush combination running to a) the middle finishing with lay-down-towel-relax celebration b) the camera. The running takes forever, the celebs are the longest possible too. I didn't even know about the shush-combination thingy, he clearly practiced that.
    So much pretty standard douche. But then, 91 minute, +2 Overtime. He gets a corner, so the game is basically over. But he takes all his 3 pauses, full length. While being in the lead. He literally has nothing to gain. Just kicking the corner would have gotten him the win quicker. Amazing. Biggest knob in FIFA.
  • JPRM71
    3713 posts National Call-Up
    How can gameplay be this slow and no power in shots passes etc, when there’s hardly anyone playing now. Broken game I’ve had to switch off at 1-1
  • I’m now 10-7, I should have turned it off this morning but I just wanted to make the most of having the time with the Mrs at work....the gameplay has been shocking for me, sluggish and just overall terrible, went from 4-1 to 5-6 at one point...won the last few but gameplay still awful. Hoping it’s better late tonight, might stop at silver 1 if it’s still awful.
  • JPRM71
    I’m now 10-7, I should have turned it off this morning but I just wanted to make the most of having the time with the Mrs at work....the gameplay has been shocking for me, sluggish and just overall terrible, went from 4-1 to 5-6 at one point...won the last few but gameplay still awful. Hoping it’s better late tonight, might stop at silver 1 if it’s still awful.

Yeah I’ve turned off before I introduce my controller to the screen of my monitor 😡🤣
  • Wayno69
    1895 posts Play-Off Hero
    1 - 0. Connection isn't good and at all. Hate fighting with my control
  • Hammer316
    Forgot just how much advantage dutch players have. Thanks for reminding me EA, I was even tempted to pre order but unless something drastic changes it's not a fair playing field.
  • Cbn
    1814 posts Play-Off Hero
    Maybe worse connection hole year. Absolutely unplayable, every game is a coinflip
  • Cbn
    1814 posts Play-Off Hero
    Ive been getting 14-20ms consistently from january, now every other match even 80ms
  • JPRM71
    Totally unplayable on 14ms, opponents with clear advantage, don’t bother anymore today only played 5 games but it’s total RNG biased garbage