Career Mode Trailer - 4pm UK time

I SiR MartY I
10391 posts Has That Special Something

95 minutes from this post

Comments

• DYL
    38 posts Last Pick at the Park
    No stadium creator and the loss of licensing to supplement this leave me with absolutely no alternative. PES 2021 on PC with a patch for ALL stadiums and licensing. Devastated but I’m not going another year without a football game since Fifa failed us all again last year.
  • henryclay1844
    1071 posts Professional
    What a waste. I can't believe they just gave us what they already showed which was meh stuff. They completely ignored the biggest things which are creating a team, and youth team overhaul. Plus no mention of improvements to the terrible press conferences or the awful manager rating system and board goals. Probably more disappointed than ever because they claimed they were trying and they just delivered a mediocre effort.
  • I SiR MartY I
    What a waste. I can't believe they just gave us what they already showed which was meh stuff. They completely ignored the biggest things which are creating a team, and youth team overhaul. Plus no mention of improvements to the terrible press conferences or the awful manager rating system and board goals. Probably more disappointed than ever because they claimed they were trying and they just delivered a mediocre effort.

https://www.ea.com/games/fifa/pitch-notes/news/pitch-notes-fifa-21-career-mode-deep-dive

There is some mention of board obejctives in there and everything else changed in CM

Still a poor effort tho
  • frankibo
    143 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I actually think these look like really good additions. Could there have been more? Of course. But these are some really solid additions. I like the little touches like seeing the likely opposition line up before matches. Genuine improvements. Hoping I get the beta as I'm very exciting to try the new features out.
  • Alemas_2012
    22391 posts Club Captain
    I legitimately forgot that career mode was a thing in FIFA.
    Looked at the trailer and the Pitch Notes article, thought "hm, not bad, some things that needed improving were improved and overall looks more complex... maybe I'll get it for that and forget about FUT."
    Then I looked at the YouTube comments.
    They mentioned the jump in/jump out match simulation was a thing from FIFA 07 or something.
    I lost interest again.
    Well done EA.
  • henryclay1844
    1071 posts Professional

https://www.ea.com/games/fifa/pitch-notes/news/pitch-notes-fifa-21-career-mode-deep-dive

There is some mention of board obejctives in there and everything else changed in CM

Still a poor effort tho[/quote]

There was some good hidden info there, but it's always wait and see with any positives. I was hyped they finally changed the press conferences last year but they turned out to be terrible.

What is the point of having youth teams if they don't play games?

Why can't we created our own fantasy leagues or teams or edit ones lost to PES like PES does for the Premier League and Bundesliga. Creation Centre is the biggest lost feature in history.

• flcinusa
    752 posts Semi-Pro
    New localized stadium announcers - Playing in different countries across Europe will feel more authentic as the intro and specific moments in gameplay will include local flavor for the following languages:
    French
    Italian
    German
    Spanish

They had this on PS3 era FIFA... What is old is truly new again
  • flcinusa
    752 posts Semi-Pro
    Nothing about player career

That's no bueno
  • Alemas_2012
    22391 posts Club Captain
    flcinusa wrote: »
    Nothing about player career

That's no bueno

Yeah, wouldn't be surprised if they removed it completely.
    Always felt like an afterthought.
  • BoBo_Vieri_
    467 posts Sunday League Hero
    So they didn't add online career mode so me and my buddy can't compete within career mode together?
  • I SiR MartY I
    So they didn't add online career mode so me and my buddy can't compete within career mode together?

Nope
  • potato_hater
    2531 posts Fans' Favourite

I dont really think that will ever be a feature, maybe if it moves to a more sim based game and you can only compete via objectives against each other
  • Leicester
    74 posts Park Captain
    Absolutely nothing that we didn’t know already. Pathetic effort.

What a surprise that FUT has a stadium creator (which they’ve never asked for) and the career mode community has wanted for years but gets ignored.

I wish ultimate team would ❤️❤️❤️❤️ off and become its own franchise
  • DYL
    38 posts Last Pick at the Park
    edited August 2020
    Leicester wrote: »

What a surprise that FUT has a stadium creator (which they’ve never asked for) and the career mode community has wanted for years but gets ignored.

The only way for the game to improve is FUT coins being banned globally. It’s destroyed FIFA entirely for me.
  • I SiR MartY I
    DYL wrote: »
    Leicester wrote: »

The only way for the game to improve is FUT coins being banned globally. It’s destroyed FIFA entirely for me.

Its destroyed it for me too, but if FP were to be banned, EA would just sell coins or find another way around it.

800M+ a year, they aren't giving that up, it sucks tho, Clubs and the other modes I used to love, even the gameplay itself have all be shafted year after year for UT.

Gameplay is the worst its beeen in 10 years and no sign of it improving.
  • KentEagle
    150 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I think what they have added is good but it isn't enough.

Loan to buy option is just an old feature and so is the jump in and play.

It all looks good and it will be better, but I don't think it is a game changer.

The one we all wanted was stadium creator/editor and same with kits.

Having it for FUT but not for career is frustrating.
  • GARYNOCLUB
    188 posts Sunday League Hero
    As far as I’m concerned these are all formats we have already had over the years, loan to buy was there years ago, the team training was also a feature in old Fifa iam not impressed with this all glamour just covering over the fact, it’s just old ideas reintroduced through glossy titles.
    It’s been the same system on career mode for years people want more editing power within the game like stadium etc. I never understand why kits cannot be edited in the game as the branding is already in the game, it’s just as a player we want to change kits sponsor or kit manufacturers ever so often just to keep career mode interested.
    The fact the youth scouting is not even mentioned is another chocker, the fact that for years now ETHNICTIY in players youth scouted from certain continents were not being true.
    Places like Ecuador, Brazil, Colombia finding no black players in youth scouting, which has really given me the ump.
    But again this doesn’t seem to of been addressed at all but that’s nothing new with this below par EA makers of the game. All the game is now is a brand name of FIFA but really it’s ULTIMATE TEAM and that’s it.
  • Ripsmokey78
    73 posts Park Captain
    At least they have added back the things from 07. not enough as these are old things that should of been in the game back on the last gen! But creative things I'm not that bothered about yet its gameplay that I would like t over hauled . I would like too see the AI to give me a fair challenge and for it to be based on fitness form and player/team rating. but the lower clubs are still pros and play like pros. teams to have their own styles of play maybe even have it linked too the manger they have in charge at the time. just don't want to feel cheated when i play. and the AI mangers too be smart and tactual in the transfer market and squad selection.
  • Kasa
    217 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Just really basic new features for career mode, just lazy from ea
  • WizardMD
    663 posts An Exciting Prospect
    RIP Player Career Mode... that's sad :(