A sincere apology thread.

MUFC_420
2924 posts Fans' Favourite
Ok so I know at times I can come across as very argumentative, ignorant and just a total bell end in some cases. So to anyone I've ever offended or argued with I apologise and hope there's no hard feelings with anyone on here.

I'm actually a very decent and likeable character in real life believe it or not but like everyone I have some pretty big issues. Some days are worse than others and that's when I usually turn into a bit of a ❤️❤️❤️❤️.

My mental health is in a very bad and dark place but I'm having a good spell right now and had something that happened earlier that made me appreciate things more and this has also led to me wanting to be a that better person all of the time. So even if I'm having a bad day I'm going to make it my goal to turn it into a positive day somehow and be nicer to people when I'm in these moods.

Life is too short and I want to make the most out of everyday regardless of my mood or mental health. I get a great feeling from helping others or making someone's day. That's the person I'm thriving to be.

So as some of you may not even read this or care at that matter. I just wanted to say sorry to anyone I've ever offended or insulted on here and if and when I can be helpful on here I will go out of my way to do so.

Hope everyone is having a great day and I wish everyone the best of luck in life. Thanks for those who take the time to read this.

Comments

• kraid
    7700 posts League Winner
    MUFC_420 wrote: »
    Ok so I know at times I can come across as very argumentative, ignorant and just a total bell end in some cases. So to anyone I've ever offended or argued with I apologise and hope there's no hard feelings with anyone on here.

I'm actually a very decent and likeable character in real life believe it or not but like everyone I have some pretty big issues. Some days are worse than others and that's when I usually turn into a bit of a ❤️❤️❤️❤️.

My mental health is in a very bad and dark place but I'm having a good spell right now and had something that happened earlier that made me appreciate things more and this has also led to me wanting to be a that better person all of the time. So even if I'm having a bad day I'm going to make it my goal to turn it into a positive day somehow and be nicer to people when I'm in these moods.

Life is too short and I want to make the most out of everyday regardless of my mood or mental health. I get a great feeling from helping others or making someone's day. That's the person I'm thriving to be.

So as some of you may not even read this or care at that matter. I just wanted to say sorry to anyone I've ever offended or insulted on here and if and when I can be helpful on here I will go out of my way to do so.

Hope everyone is having a great day and I wish everyone the best of luck in life. Thanks for those who take the time to read this.

Personally I’ve never known you to be rude or a bell end. A tad naive maybe, but ignorant makes it sound much worse 😁.

Self-improvement should be everyone’s goal. Wish you nothing but the best bud.

Also I’m sure there’ll be a lot of troll responses, don’t stress them man 👍🏽
  • Seanregal
    1992 posts Fans' Favourite
    Fair play mate, sorry your struggling a bit. Don't be so hard on yourself you don't come across rude imo. Keep your head up it will get better. Good luck to you. :p
  • MUFC_420
    kraid wrote: »

Personally I’ve never known you to be rude or a bell end. A tad naive maybe, but ignorant makes it sound much worse 😁.

Self-improvement should be everyone’s goal. Wish you nothing but the best bud.

Also I’m sure there’ll be a lot of troll responses, don’t stress them man 👍🏽

Same to yourself mate. And trust me I will be ignoring trolls in this thread. I'm thinking far too positive right now to entertain that haha
  • Jobiwan
    3836 posts National Call-Up
    Slightly misinformed on transfer news but seem decent enough. Keep your head up...
  • Stone_cold_tea93
    3647 posts National Call-Up
    Dont be so harsh on yourself. I've not seen you be a bell. Plus you have 420 in your name.
  • MUFC_420
    Seanregal wrote: »
    Fair play mate, sorry your struggling a bit. Don't be so hard on yourself you don't come across rude imo. Keep your head up it will get better. Good luck to you. :p

No mate no being hard at all I'm feeling very positive today and just saying it how it is. Life is a struggle for everyone but just in different ways. It's how you deal with it that defines you. I feel I'm on the right track. Thanks for the kind words 👍
  • Saiber_Summia
    3297 posts National Call-Up
    Our forum-roads crossed pretty rarely, but I never read anything from you inappropriate or rude or offensive.

As personal experience I can say that keeping calm on a forum is somehow a very challenging exercise, with the zoo of trolls, professional provocateurs or simply arrogant people that feel like lions because they are hidden behind a keyboard, so -honestly- I do not see the need to apologize.

In any case I really appreciate your post, as to excuse oneself a person need to be strong and mature. I’m not at all in the position to judge, but pls accept my sincere compliments and, of course, all the best for your future.

And, pls consider me as a friend, even if we never exchanged more than a sentence in a thread.

• MUFC_420
    Really appreciate the positive replies. Just felt I needed to give a little insight into why I can act the way I do at times. And apologise to anyone I've ever offended or argued with or silly things when I've been unreasonable.

Not a pity thread or anything and I'm doing fine right now so wanted to make a positive thread and maybe others will learn from this aswell and try and be more positive. If this even helps one person strive to bring more positivity to their lives that's maybe struggling quietly in here then I've achieved something good from this.

Things will always get better in life when you're at rock bottom. Never give up is my advice.
  • JPRM71
    3713 posts National Call-Up
    Nice of you to apologise, I’ve never had any negative stuff from you. Mental health is no joke, glad you are in a brighter place. All the very best to ya
  • MUFC_420
    Our forum-roads crossed pretty rarely, but I never read anything from you inappropriate or rude or offensive.

As personal experience I can say that keeping calm on a forum is somehow a very challenging exercise, with the zoo of trolls, professional provocateurs or simply arrogant people that feel like lions because they are hidden behind a keyboard, so -honestly- I do not see the need to apologize.

In any case I really appreciate your post, as to excuse oneself a person need to be strong and mature. I’m not at all in the position to judge, but pls accept my sincere compliments and, of course, all the best for your future.

And, pls consider me as a friend, even if we never exchanged more than a sentence in a thread.

You know what there's some really decent people on here and you're definitely one of them mate 👍
    Bobo23 wrote: »
    Chin up my man, we all have bad times in our lives and there's no need to hide them. But trust me you will get through them and look back on them and be all the stronger for it.

When I was 15 my dad passed away on Christmas day, and after that I had a very very bad few years and thought things would never get better.

But things do improve and you can get through anything!

Sorry to hear about your dad mate I can't even begin to imagine what that was like for you at that age and especially that time of year.

I'm glad you have came out of the other side stronger though. That's my journey I'm on now. I was shot in the leg when I was 18, seen a man being shot several times at 19 and beaten and left for dead by 6 masked men with lump hammers at the age of 23. And both times it was a case of mistaken identity getting accused of things I never done and the truth came out afterwards and got an apology.

At the time I felt that was just part of life growing up in NI especially where I lived. But this led to addictions to self medicate and take myself away from reality. When I hit 30 (almost 5 years ago) I went into hospital and got the help I needed, moved away from the area I grew up in and started to try to move on with my life. It's been a real battle but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel now.

So you're right we can get through anything if we put our mind to it and be strong. What doesn't kill you only makes you stronger as they say.
  • Empyrium7
    3783 posts National Call-Up
    it takes a man to say that.
    I never read anything inappropriate from you tbh
    life will never be as expected, it's full of ups and downs. stay strong mate
  • Stevo_CT
    3502 posts National Call-Up
    I salute you, although you are still a muppet. :)

JK, take care of yourself and those around you. I wish you all the best and big kudos for opening up a little to a forum, that, let's be honest, is populated by an abnormally high number of total bellends.
  • EekAlaska
    3143 posts National Call-Up
    don't know if we have ever had a run in but I hope you are able to get the help you need. Mental health is so overlooked and if it were treated as other illnesses we wouldn't have anywhere close to as many ppl struggling and the high amount of suicide.
  • GoonerDude81
    1010 posts Professional

Takes a brave person to post that on this forum. Well done, bud. Keep on, keeping on. With you 100% 😎
  • Boysie91
    15926 posts World Class
    You don't need to apologise to anyone
  • MUFC_420
    EekAlaska wrote: »
    don't know if we have ever had a run in but I hope you are able to get the help you need. Mental health is so overlooked and if it were treated as other illnesses we wouldn't have anywhere close to as many ppl struggling and the high amount of suicide.

It really is overlooked and here in Northern Ireland are mental health services are pretty poor and the waiting lists to even be assessed are like 6-12 months. They class regular appointments as 6 months aswell. We also have a very very high rate of people suffering with mental health issues because of paramilitaries (IRA, UVF, UDA, RHC) to name a few that run this country with an iron fist taking the law into their own hands.

Young lads are being beaten with iron bars, baseball bats, pick axe handles, hammers and being shot in the ankles, knees, legs, hands and elbows as punishments for what these people see worthy. You could say something to the wrong person in a bar and the following day be told you have to go to a certain place to be shot, beaten or get your arms and legs broke. If you haven't been on the revieveing end of any of this you will most likely know people that have. It's a daily occurrence and most of it doesn't even make the news.

And the worst about it is that people within the communities actually goto these people to sort out their issues instead of calling the police in fear of being shot or burnt out of their houses for police informing.

And they wonder why so many people have mental health issues and the services can't cope. Until these thugs are off the streets unfortunately this is a problem this country will always have and many more young lads will have to go through the things I went through when I was younger.

Stacey Dooley actually has a documentary on BBC iplayer called shot by my neighbour. It's in the Stacey Dooley investigates section. Very interesting watch for anyone that's interested in learning a bit more about how this country runs. Though she only really shows one side it's more about Republicans than loyalists. But the picture is basically the same on both sides.
  • MUFC_420
    Boysie91 wrote: »
    You don't need to apologise to anyone

I know I don't mate but just wanted to clear the air with everyone and give a bit of insight into some of my actions at times.

Seems I haven't been as bad as I thought on here haha
  • Drachenfells
    1924 posts Play-Off Hero
    Thankyou for explaining your situation, you did not have to, personaly I think your sound and have never had a problem with anything you have posted, you ahve never gotten angry with anyone or gone to far with your replies as far as i'm aware.

I understand mental health problems far to well, i'm on a medication which keeps me stable but it took a while to find a combination which worked.

Good luck and don't be too hard on yourself, understanding everyone makes mistakes and forgiving yourself for them is healthy, try not to dwell on negative feelings, I know that's not easy.
  • MUFC_420
    Thankyou for explaining your situation, you did not have to, personaly I think your sound and have never had a problem with anything you have posted, you ahve never gotten angry with anyone or gone to far with your replies as far as i'm aware.

I understand mental health problems far to well, i'm on a medication which keeps me stable but it took a while to find a combination which worked.

Good luck and don't be too hard on yourself, understanding everyone makes mistakes and forgiving yourself for them is healthy, try not to dwell on negative feelings, I know that's not easy.

I'm on 3 different medications just to get me through each day but the latest one I've been prescribed has been a life changer for me. I'm overloaded with positivity right now and think I'm definitely on the right path but the last 5 years has felt like I've been living in hell. Your advice is 100% correct, I now try to turn everything into a positive even when things go wrong. But there's always bad spells which is to be expected.

Thanks for the kind words it's really appreciated from everyone. The response in this thread has been overwhelming to say the least. Bunch of great guys in this thread every single one that's replied.

And hope everything keeps going smooth for yourself. I never in a million years thought mental health was this bad. And there's people alot worse than me that's for sure. It's really opened my eyes and changed my outlook on life for the better and made me a better person. So that's one positive I can take from the situation.

• JWNYsg
    7006 posts Big Money Move
    I honestly did not notice

let us continue to share and discuss in a healthy manner. Cheers
  • NucksNation
    4634 posts National Call-Up
    I don’t think you have been any of those things, atleast not the times we have had a talk or discussion which hasn’t been a lot but maybe because we are both united fans.

Don’t be hard on yourself and if anything, I think people in general should keep an open mind when discussing or talking in forums or even in real life that people have other life difficulties, trouble at home, financial burdens etc that one may not be aware of, treat others how you want to be treated like Even if they are wrong.
  • MUFC_420
    I don’t think you have been any of those things, atleast not the times we have had a talk or discussion which hasn’t been a lot but maybe because we are both united fans.

Don’t be hard on yourself and if anything, I think people in general should keep an open mind when discussing or talking in forums or even in real life that people have other life difficulties, trouble at home, financial burdens etc that one may not be aware of, treat others how you want to be treated like Even if they are wrong.

Great advice mate 👍
  • tzinc
    3246 posts National Call-Up
    being associated with FIFA is not good for mental health imo
    imo this game system revolves around constant frustration and addiction I would not recommend this to people with full mental health let alone anyone with some mental health issues
  • Chavez76
    9873 posts League Winner
    edited August 2020
    you ❤️❤️❤️❤️!

mate, nothing is more important then health!
    The fact that you are thinking about appologizing is something that 99.99% of the people would even not think about.... Dont think we ever 'crossed swords' but if we did, Im pretty sure I was as much to blame as anyone else!
  • selb
    7400 posts League Winner
    Takes a big person to come here and apologise for actions that he thinks could've had a negative impact on people. You seem like a decent guy and its nice to see someone try and be positive in a world full of negativity.

Gg, I hope the positivity keeps going.

Shame you support a team on the wrong side of Manchester though ;)
  • MUFC_420
    tzinc wrote: »
    imo this game system revolves around constant frustration and addiction I would not recommend this to people with full mental health let alone anyone with some mental health issues

Thankfully FUT hasn't actually had any impact on my mental health. Yes at times I shout at the screen like a mad man but who doesn't haha

Gaming and especially fifa has been what's got me through my most difficult times. It's been a great escape for me to keep my mind occupied at times.

I swapped a lifestyle of constant drug abuse and partying for a quiet life online gaming. The latter is a better lifestyle. Sure I still have the odd night out and get away on holiday each year (bar this year as it was cancelled due to Covid) but apart from them times I don't even really drink anymore. I'm just focusing on where I want to be in life and I will get there eventually.

selb wrote: »
    Takes a big person to come here and apologise for actions that he thinks could've had a negative impact on people. You seem like a decent guy and its nice to see someone try and be positive in a world full of negativity.

Gg, I hope the positivity keeps going.

Shame you support a team on the wrong side of Manchester though ;)

Positivity is the key to success mate so I'm going to try and keep things that way.

And it's been hard being a United fan for the last few years but we're coming for yous slowly but surely 🤣
  • SignpostSounder
    4238 posts National Call-Up
    OP, good on you. Wishing you the best for your ongoing mental health. Takes strength to admit when you're wrong (not that I've noticed anything, particularly) so....*high five*
    tzinc wrote: »

tzinc - The way you turn every single thing into "EA sucks and I hate FIFA" whilst still posting on this forum every single day is almost an art form. You derail everything. Go and do something else with your life if you hate the game so much.
  • MedallionFC
    105 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Mate. Don’t let this game get to you. Your health is far more important