Are Rivals divisions accurate??

PlacidCasual77
149 posts Has Potential To Be Special
How many people would you guess are actually in their true divisions on FUT? Do you think self relegation it is just an excuse for average players or is there some truth that this year is a bit of a shambles?

Comments

• kraid
    7637 posts League Winner
    I think that there are obviously people dropping down divisions on purpose. I don’t know if it’s as bad as they say. I dropped down once this year, partly as I was curious and partly because after spending most of the game in div 1 I was tired. I expected hard games but basically rose straight back up to div 1, didn’t really match anyone great on the way.
  • PlacidCasual77
    149 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I am an average player. I can get to div 1 on seasons but I just plateau in 7,8,9 in Rivals. It’s so dull too. I find it really hard to believe that bang average players are bothered with the meta yet everyone in the low leagues wants to spam drag back and drop back. Low divs should be for casual play but it’s super competitive. It’s pretty mental.
  • Orison
    69205 posts Icon
    Probably like 80-90% of people are in their correct div I would assume.
  • URBirdman
    1497 posts Play-Off Hero
    I am an average player. I can get to div 1 on seasons but I just plateau in 7,8,9 in Rivals. It’s so dull too. I find it really hard to believe that bang average players are bothered with the meta yet everyone in the low leagues wants to spam drag back and drop back. Low divs should be for casual play but it’s super competitive. It’s pretty mental.

Well, online seasons and FUT are completely different games. I was also in div 1 in online seasons before I started FUT this Feb. Two reasons:

1. In online seasons, you can play once a month and still use the most updated squads. However, in FUT, you need constant participation, which makes even the "casual" people in FUT more tryhard than 99% of the people in online seasons.
    2. In online seasons, 90 pace attackers are facing 70 pace defenders, which makes it possible to beat defensive line without spamming skill moves. In FUT, however, your 99 pace attackers are fighting against 95 pace defenders, so spamming certain moves becomes the most efficient way to score unless your opponent doesn't know defending...
  • EekAlaska
    2618 posts Fans' Favourite
    How many people would you guess are actually in their true divisions on FUT? Do you think self relegation it is just an excuse for average players or is there some truth that this year is a bit of a shambles?

How can they be when EA can't even get WL right. I know that isn't what you were asking, but how many ppl in one division are actually matched up against ppl in far lower or higher divisions. Just another way to frustrate the player base.
  • URBirdman
    1497 posts Play-Off Hero
    EekAlaska wrote: »

How can they be when EA can't even get WL right. I know that isn't what you were asking, but how many ppl in one division are actually matched up against ppl in far lower or higher divisions. Just another way to frustrate the player base.

WL matchmaking is perfect, as long as you play during the right time windows and you behave in a certain manner.
  • RadioShaq
    19163 posts Moderator
    I would guess it gets exaggerated. I don’t think everyone in division 1 drops to division 10.
  • JohnDoe
    12175 posts Has That Special Something
    RadioShaq wrote: »
    I would guess it gets exaggerated. I don’t think everyone in division 1 drops to division 10.

Someone in D1 would find objectives a cakewalk to get done in D3, for example.
  • Burchy
    1624 posts Play-Off Hero
    Divisions have gone ❤️❤️❤️❤️ up for me... been in division 4 all year, last month or so I can’t get out of 7! Barely hanging on to that! 😂

Normally get gold 2 in the weekend league
  • EekAlaska
    2618 posts Fans' Favourite
    URBirdman wrote: »

WL matchmaking is perfect, as long as you play during the right time windows and you behave in a certain manner.

If there is some secret I certainly don't know it and many ppl on here don't either. Each WL ppl on here say they go on 10+ game losing streaks even though they typically finish G3 and above.
  • ErikTheBlue
    120 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I'd say no unless every, and I mean EVERY team in Division 6 is 92-95, mostly with red picks, cause that's all I'm being matched up with. Been on the verge of 5 all week but keep coming up against god squads with no deviation. Not a random gold in sight.
  • Pnub
    1079 posts Professional

I agree to a certain extent that most people from division 1 wouldn't drop down to division 10 but its the domino effect of them dropping a few divisions to complete objectives and then others from that division relegating and so on.
    Matchmaking also plays a part as well as just like in WL you are going to sometimes get matched with players that are either way better or worse than you. Then there is connection issues as well that can cause an imbalance in the game which can make you believe you are playing against someone who has relegated.
  • tzinc
    3246 posts National Call-Up
    I cannot get out of Division 10
  • JPRM71
    3713 posts National Call-Up
    tzinc wrote: »

That’s pretty bad
  • Orison
    69205 posts Icon
    I'd say no unless every, and I mean EVERY team in Division 6 is 92-95, mostly with red picks, cause that's all I'm being matched up with. Been on the verge of 5 all week but keep coming up against god squads with no deviation. Not a random gold in sight.

Yes, that's what is to be expected. It's August mate. Why should people have random golds left in the squad after summer heat and what not?

Your "far" means ~200 skillrating which is absolutely fine for a search radius imo. And given the much larger player base people in lower divs have probably never actually matched someone who was 200 skillrating higher/lower than them.
  • URBirdman
    1497 posts Play-Off Hero
    URBirdman wrote: »

If there is some secret I certainly don't know it and many ppl on here don't either. Each WL ppl on here say they go on 10+ game losing streaks even though they typically finish G3 and above.

Yes, I know that many people don't know it...
  • ManC2020
    172 posts Has Potential To Be Special

Let's put it this way. I have been a casual player for 5 years. Div. 3 or 4 was "normal" for me. This year? With the constant fan boys going after icons, objectives, tifos, wtf... I was Div 7 - 9. Sorry. Not worth my time as this is a game, not a job.

EA has made this into an adolescent idea of football. So I stopped online months ago.
  • milamber
    60 posts Park Captain
    I was recently in Div 9 with 85-86 teams playing teams full of Icons getting my ❤️❤️❤️❤️ kicked. Now I'm Div 10 and finally competing against teams closer to my level.
  • PiotrLolo
    2883 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited August 2020
    One game you play 95 team which play super fast football and spam skills. Next game you play 75 rated team which can barely manage to score 1 vs 1 (I just let them try to score when I'm in the lead to see if they are really that bad). Suprisingly I face many low rated teams in Div 6. I would understand if they want to quit to drop down but they play full games. Dunno what is the purpose.
  • Mogga
    3003 posts National Call-Up
    PiotrLolo wrote: »
    One game you play 95 team which play super fast football and spam skills. Next game you play 75 rated team which can barely manage to score 1 vs 1 (I just let them try to score when I'm in the lead to see if they are really that bad). Suprisingly I face many low rated teams in Div 6. I would understand if they want to quit to drop down but they play full games. Dunno what is the purpose.

Exactly the same experience here. Last night got thrashed off 2 excellent teams, next 2 games played 86-88 rated squads and they both quit at half time when i was 3 or 4 nil up. It makes no sense
  • tzinc wrote: »

Same with me. In Fifa 19 I was playing in Div 5 or 6. I guess age is catching up with me.
  • Jonboyparker
    7183 posts Big Money Move
    I know at least 5 people on my friends list that are playing 3 divisions lower and avoiding promotion on purpose.
  • Dochter
    475 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I rarely play Rivals with my best players as I am usually doing some sort of challenge with random players in myclub. I believe I would be in a higher division if I played most best players

• Jonboyparker
    7183 posts Big Money Move
    Ephie007 wrote: »

Same with me. In Fifa 19 I was playing in Div 5 or 6. I guess age is catching up with me.

I got to D1 in Fifa 19 and 18. Best I’ve got in 20 is D5 (1 win from D4 x4 times). Just can’t get there. The jump is too big this year.
  • tzinc
    3246 posts National Call-Up
    I was Division 3 in FIFA 18 I don't know what I am doing wrong... I win a few start getting up my skill points then lose a few and have to start again from 0 ...
  • MDR123456
    525 posts An Exciting Prospect

Also, there’s less players this time of year. So, match-up range is wider.
  • MDR123456
    Ephie007 wrote: »

I got to D1 in Fifa 19 and 18. Best I’ve got in 20 is D5 (1 win from D4 x4 times). Just can’t get there. The jump is too big this year.

Yep, and regardless the rantingS of some, there’s less nubes. The defense did them in early on.
  • MDR123456
    Orison wrote: »

Yes, that's what is to be expected. It's August mate. Why should people have random golds left in the squad after summer heat and what not?

Your "far" means ~200 skillrating which is absolutely fine for a search radius imo. And given the much larger player base people in lower divs have probably never actually matched someone who was 200 skillrating higher/lower than them.

It’s easily more than 200
  • MDR123456
    Pnub wrote: »

I agree to a certain extent that most people from division 1 wouldn't drop down to division 10 but its the domino effect of them dropping a few divisions to complete objectives and then others from that division relegating and so on.
    Matchmaking also plays a part as well as just like in WL you are going to sometimes get matched with players that are either way better or worse than you. Then there is connection issues as well that can cause an imbalance in the game which can make you believe you are playing against someone who has relegated.

Exactly
  • MDR123456
    JohnDoe wrote: »

Someone in D1 would find objectives a cakewalk to get done in D3, for example.

And then D3 drops to D5, D5 to D7, D7 to D9 etc.