Eric Daniel Pierre Cantona AKA the king ..stats prediction

Game over man game over
7402 posts Big Money Move
edited August 2020
Will he be top tier like Ronaldo Eusebio ?
Stats prediction anyone ?

Also can not personally wait for Schweinsteiger
And el nino ..
EA sure know how to press my buttons

Comments

• Fccheek
    828 posts Semi-Pro
    Depends on the mechanics of the game zidane in past years probably would have been a very good cam but this year compared to other top icon cams he’s not very good because the meta. If the meta is the same he won’t be good if it’s like past years where strength is important than he has potential
  • Kingy
    2532 posts Fans' Favourite
    As he is most hyped new icon by EA I suspect he will have some good ratings.

Whether he is quality in game or not is dependent on the meta I guess.

• Kingy wrote: »
    As he is most hyped new icon by EA I suspect he will have some good ratings.

Whether he is quality in game or not is dependent on the meta I guess.

Surely the meta has always been pace
    Wondering what pace he will have ?
  • ...screw the stats.... just give him the unique dynamic shirt collar animation....

nzM5BLP.gif
  • ...screw the stats.... just give him the unique dynamic shirt collar animation....

nzM5BLP.gif

oh he will surely have that i would be very disappointed otherwise
  • SomeLegend
    1482 posts Play-Off Hero
    Chip shot 99 and still will miss
  • Dannyh328
    963 posts Professional
    Cf are normally the one for primes so I reckon he will be good , also if they have gone out of the way to pay him to narrate over the trailer I don’t think they will make him bad
  • RedDevilNL
    365 posts Sunday League Hero
    ...screw the stats.... just give him the unique dynamic shirt collar animation....

nzM5BLP.gif

That and a custom celebration from Le Goal against Sunderland.
  • Bobo23
    5464 posts Big Money Move
    Surely his stats will be closest to Bergkamp?
  • Bobo23
    5464 posts Big Money Move
    ...screw the stats.... just give him the unique dynamic shirt collar animation....

nzM5BLP.gif
    The collar will most likely be a unique next gen feature :joy:
  • P1tch_1nvaderz88
    16689 posts World Class
    I'm suspecting

88 base
    90 middle
    92 prime
    93 pim

I doubt they'll make him higher that cruyff
  • I'm suspecting

88 base
    90 middle
    92 prime
    93 pim

I doubt they'll make him higher that cruyff

I predict 1+ on each above
  • FrankFrank
    9456 posts League Winner
    I have no doubts he will be top tier :)
  • Prettyfly
    891 posts Professional
    Think a bit of over excitement for cantona only really an icon for Man U fans. Shouldn’t be higher than 91 for prime imo. International career wasn’t anything great either just don’t get the fuss over this card
  • Boysie91
    15563 posts World Class
    Will he get a special card if he wins I'm a celebrity get me out of here?
  • MUFC_420
    2924 posts Fans' Favourite
    If they bring out another Icon version in 21 we could then have......

5 Cantona's, 4 Cantona's, 3 Cantona's, 2 Cantona's and an Eric Cantona!

Sorry I couldn't resist haha
  • [Deleted User]
    0 posts National Call-Up
    edited August 2020
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Tue69
    1269 posts Professional
    tommyboyo wrote: »
    Prettyfly wrote: »
    Think a bit of over excitement for cantona only really an icon for Man U fans. Shouldn’t be higher than 91 for prime imo. International career wasn’t anything great either just don’t get the fuss over this card

Yes agreed to a certain extent.

A class player, who had some special moments and a catalyst for Man Utd's transformation in the early 90s, but overall record maybe not the very best.

Having said that, the chip, the volley and the kung-fu kick will be forever etched in my mind and I am an Arsenal fan, so go figure...

I agree. Cantona is a legend, but not in the same tier as Zidane, Henry and even Bergkamp.

But he is a main icon so he will be top tier I believe.
  • FUT_Moe
    1442 posts Professional
    99 KF Accuracy

Kung Fu kick accuracy
  • NathW90
    517 posts An Exciting Prospect
    His prime should be a 91 at most. Wouldn't have him level with Bergkamp.

More importantly I'm hoping they fix crap like Kaka 91. Why they don't ever adjust icon stats and ratings I have no idea.
  • [Deleted User]
    0 posts National Call-Up
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • P1tch_1nvaderz88
    16689 posts World Class
    I loved Bergkamp, but to say he was a tier above Cantona is ludicrous, some of us actually are old enough to remember Cantona week in and out
  • Alex_cr
    5936 posts Big Money Move
    I loved Bergkamp, but to say he was a tier above Cantona is ludicrous, some of us actually are old enough to remember Cantona week in and out

Honestly I think people have forgotten just how good Cantona was. The idea that Bergkamp is a level above is madness.
  • madlion
    3207 posts National Call-Up
    NathW90 wrote: »
    His prime should be a 91 at most. Wouldn't have him level with Bergkamp.

More importantly I'm hoping they fix crap like Kaka 91. Why they don't ever adjust icon stats and ratings I have no idea.

they will sell this as fifa 23 feature: we readjusted previous Icons stats more in line with their career moments based on community feedback

and everyone will be happy yaaay and preorder fifa again

criminal that Henry still has 66 or something balance with M/M and Nesta has 38 agility with 72 pace, Puyol 70 pace when he was rapid, Kaka with 91 pace when he was burning defenders left and right with his speed
  • AliasMaurice
    2399 posts Fans' Favourite
    Cantona

Technical dribbler, flair, chip shot, clinical finisher, playmaker, solid player, team leader. Maybe outside of foot shot or a free kick trait, power header.

How good the card is depends on balance and agility. But traits and specialities make a card. Summer heat ibra proves that.

His moments card will be fa cup final goal against Liverpool.

86/88/90 should be his cards but they'll probably be plus 1.

6'1 med/low. 5 star skills 4 star weak foot. Low 80s for pace but finishing, passing, dribbling, strength all around 90. Should be a good card. 2 up top Cantona false 9. All good.
  • Alex_cr
    Cantona

Technical dribbler, flair, chip shot, clinical finisher, playmaker, solid player, team leader. Maybe outside of foot shot or a free kick trait, power header.

How good the card is depends on balance and agility. But traits and specialities make a card. Summer heat ibra proves that.

His moments card will be fa cup final goal against Liverpool.

86/88/90 should be his cards but they'll probably be plus 1.

6'1 med/low. 5 star skills 4 star weak foot. Low 80s for pace but finishing, passing, dribbling, strength all around 90. Should be a good card. 2 up top Cantona false 9. All good.

Those work rates are all wrong.
  • MarkMCFC
    451 posts An Exciting Prospect
    forget the dab and shush special celebration drop kick the fans
  • Prettyfly
    891 posts Professional
    Alex_cr wrote: »

Honestly I think people have forgotten just how good Cantona was. The idea that Bergkamp is a level above is madness.

🤦‍♂️ Bergkamp was a far better player than cantona unsure what you have been smoking today pal

• Alex_cr
    Prettyfly wrote: »
    Alex_cr wrote: »

🤦‍♂️ Bergkamp was a far better player than cantona unsure what you have been smoking today pal

Care to elaborate? What was Bergkamp so much better than Cantona at? I mean they played a similar position but Cantona was undoubtedly the better finisher, he was stronger so more versatile, definitely better in the air. I mean Bergkamp maybe had the edge on technical ability but that wasn’t exactly a flaw in Cantonas game.
  • pekkaa88
    7267 posts Big Money Move
    57 Pace, 72 dribbling