FIFA 21 - Deep Dive into FIFA Pro Clubs

EA_Roger
1711 posts EA Community Manager
rdphlru2fr0p.png

Hello everyone,

We have just released a pitch notes article which goes into detail about upcoming updates to Pro Clubs.

You can read the full article here.

Let us know any thoughts you have about this in this thread.

Thanks,

The FIFA Team.

Comments

• Majer wrote: »
    Are you for real?
    I mean, seriously. Do you even remotely care what are our thoughts? Because the article is a testimony, that troughout years of development of this mode not even single major milestone was ever reached in almost decade. After years community struggles to orginize a valid, competitive platform to enjoy social gaming, especially now in those pandemic times all EA has to offer us is some crappy tactics and custom hairstyles for bots that have no actual meaning whatsoever in desired 11v11 players mode.

REALLY?!

I've abandoned fifa 5 years ago, after years of playing in proclubs. Now I decided to give it a shot, and this mode hasn't improved at all. Even interface is outdated and annoying.

Don't dare to say, that you listen to playerbase, when clearly you dont. Around fifa 13 there was topic with tons of great ideas for this mode. There are also plenty ways to monetize proclubs so it would be profitable.
    Instead of useful things like allowing players to spectate matches, reconnect to them, allow for some to sit bench and replace player mid-game. Give tools to export and save match logs, stat, to help crafty, and commited players to create something like a decent leagues you show something, that is more like an insult to those, who play your game, and despite their loyality based purely on sentiment and lack of decent alternative on market.

May I ask insted - WHERE ARE YOUR AMBITIONS?

I totally agree with you. It seems like somewhat of an insult even releasing this so called "deep dive".

My issue with this "deep dive" is that the two features that EA have stated that are "new" additions are nothing new at all. They existed before, just not in pro clubs. Dare I say, copy and paste.

When you play in the competitive leagues, everyone on the field already has custom players so the first feature is absolutely useless.

The second feature makes things just about 2 seconds quicker. If you are playing in the competitive leagues, this doesn't change all too much since tactics are changed usually by way of speaking to your 10 other teammates. The captain usually will only change the formation and sometimes the d pad settings. The d pad settings doesn't force anyone to play a certain way and hence it is not necessarily useful when playing 11 vs 11. This is again better dealt with through mic.

I do not like bashing a developer's hard work but this cannot be something that took a year to add or anything complicated. Hence no hard work was involved. Think about it. It is the exact same engine. Strings of code or assets which already existed in other game modes copied into the files of pro clubs. This takes at most 30 minutes to complete if some of the files are large.

It is not surprising that the replies on Twitter hit 1.3k regarding the pro clubs deep dive. It was replied to more than EAs other Fifa posts.
  • Majer
    5 posts Ball Boy
    My issue with this "deep dive" is that the two features that EA have stated that are "new" additions are nothing new at all. They existed before, just not in pro clubs. Dare I say, copy and paste.
    Agreed. I'll even comment further, and say that since fifa 12 it's even stripped of the very useful functionality - custom match lobbies. Back then, you could've create a room for drop-in matches, where you could force some match settings. It wasn't popular at all, because it was quite deeply hidden under clumsy menu hell, but could you imagine such feature now?
    You could organize national team matches without the need of players leaving their clubs. You could standarize match settings, or imagine even create tournament where all players are forced to play with disabled AI assists - wouldn't that be a fun competition? Well we'll never know if developers will remain passive and pretend they do anything.

If I were employed by EA I would be ashamed for even posting such article. It's simply embarassing.
  • SquallPT
    53 posts Park Captain
    EA Sports, we only care about FUT
  • Soccerdude101
    10 posts Ball Boy
    edited August 2020
    @Majer - Yes, you are correct. They have been taking things out year after year. Even gameface is gone.

Honestly I don't know how to code or develop a full game but I know I could have achieved more than what they have done for pro clubs this year.
  • I wont be buying it got sick to death complaining about pro clubs theyre more interested in robbing kids money on fut
  • Speedtrucker
    50 posts Park Captain
    Completely agree, I was super pumped for the demo and then I read this “deep dive”. Saved my time and hdd space.

I mean even the easiest and most obvious addition of the prized license they picked up last year... the pro club cup doesn’t have Champions League or even Europa League... Ea NHL has the NHL playoffs in “Chel” or whatever their pro clubs is called and they even added playoff beards. Yet fifa felt that last years big upgrade was house rules cup ...
    so disappointed but I say that every year. At least the last 2 years I’ve used ea access and free game selections from play tests on Ea FUT (since they blatantly don’t care about anything that doesn’t bring in more money)
  • gregsii
    1308 posts Professional
    Yikes.

Who in their right mind would sit there altering ai facial features?

I was hoping that they changed the skill point system to what it used to be prior to FIFA 20..

Why an earth they have stuff like +2 dribbling but -1 shooting or similar rubbish in there is beyond me.

Also the fact that maximum skill points only takes you to 85/86 rating then you have to grind 1000s of games to get anywhere near 90 rated.....

No thank you and that is the reason I barely touched clubs in FIFA 20.

Also maybe fix stuff like having a short 5'8 and a tall 5'8, both with different stats 🤣
    Each inch of height has a tall and a short version, dunno if anyone else noticed this.

Also make tall players useful again.....

• gregsii
    1308 posts Professional
    edited August 2020
    Also fix the damn skill rating system where at the end of each match your skill bars for each attribute resets itself so you actually have no idea of the progress you've made....

This has been an issue for like 7 years.

Wouldn't trust this useless people to fix anything that doesn't earn them any money though....

Anything broken in FUT? fixed within minutes.

Anything broken in clubs? Fixed in next year's FIFA's. (Or not in this case)
  • MarioBamba
    118 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    It's ridicolous, but as someone else said, me and all my teammates won't buy this "thing" they call game.

Shame on you EA, shame on you
  • Elias_Samson
    111 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited August 2020
    the tall and short height changes isn't a glitch. it's because the stats changed are based on metric system. even if that wasn't the case, so what? you can get a tall 5'8 and a short 5'8.

ea gets a lot of undeserved criticism from the pro clubs community in my opinion.

yes neither of the updates for fifa 21 interest me. i only play 11v so custom tactics and editing ai doesn't matter to me. nice feature if you do play low man i guess.

the pro clubs community makes it sound like ea never does any work with pro clubs and that is totally untrue. firstly the gameplay change that happens to fifa every year applies to pro clubs. then there has been other updates such as extra time and penalties. design your own kit(ut doesn't even have that) design your own badge, be a gk and others.

could ea improve pro clubs? yes, but no. ea can add in little things such as customization, tattoos, celebration, a clubs arena mode to prevent waiting in the lobby. but will any of this make the game more fun? probably not. players aren't going to use the arena instead of actually playing a game. tattoos will be forgotten about after a couple of games.

who remembers around fifa 18 when jcc said pro clubs should get rid of the accomplishment book... now hes saying he wants it back. proving ea can't win either way with the pro clubs community.

the biggest problem with pro clubs is it gets boring, and thats not because of ea or the game mode, its because of the players. if you had the option to play with good players the game would be fun all the time. instead players are forced to play with incapable players, or the players that are capable are only capable of doing certain things like hoofing from kick off(the better teams) which is still boring. in short, if you had the option to play with good players the game would never get boring, but unfortunately there's probably less than 5 players that can be considered good

close up celebrations will not get more players playing pro clubs or players playing for longer either.
  • n1bman
    1 posts Ball Boy
    Majer wrote: »
    Are you for real?
    I mean, seriously. Do you even remotely care what are our thoughts? Because the article is a testimony, that troughout years of development of this mode not even single major milestone was ever reached in almost decade. After years community struggles to orginize a valid, competitive platform to enjoy social gaming, especially now in those pandemic times all EA has to offer us is some crappy tactics and custom hairstyles for bots that have no actual meaning whatsoever in desired 11v11 players mode.

REALLY?!

I've abandoned fifa 5 years ago, after years of playing in proclubs. Now I decided to give it a shot, and this mode hasn't improved at all. Even interface is outdated and annoying.

Don't dare to say, that you listen to playerbase, when clearly you dont. Around fifa 13 there was topic with tons of great ideas for this mode. There are also plenty ways to monetize proclubs so it would be profitable.
    Instead of useful things like allowing players to spectate matches, reconnect to them, allow for some to sit bench and replace player mid-game. Give tools to export and save match logs, stat, to help crafty, and commited players to create something like a decent leagues you show something, that is more like an insult to those, who play your game, and despite their loyality based purely on sentiment and lack of decent alternative on market.

May I ask insted - WHERE ARE YOUR AMBITIONS?

ON POINT! Time for them to fix Pro clubs now .. waited for several years for them to put a little more energy into it.

Think what growth pro clubs can get if they have put a little more energy into it. Imagine that you could almost run real tournaments in this as in CS: GO and LOL etc. With a large arena etc. Had been cool .. but no EA / FIFA wants more money from those micro-buyers in ultimate teams and does not seem to see the growth potential in this wonderful game mode PRO CLUBS.
  • Elias_Samson
    111 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    fix? that implies its broken... which is not the case, other than a couple of minor glitches. such as freekicks in deep areas near the box not locking on when a short pass is attempted. and gk animations at times.

im not sure if pro clubs is watchable due to the low standard of players, and i would assume that viewers = money. im not sure how many people will want to watch pro clubs when you have players passing back to the cbs from kick off then hoofing it to a bunch of runners. which happens in every 'high standard' clubs game

having said that fut is boring af to watch and that manages to make money, although that could be from micro transactions rather than viewer popularity
  • PLEASE FIX PLAYING AS A GK IN PRO CLUBS. IT'S COMPLETELY BROKEN.
    we post our problem here and on one answer
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/BE-A-PRO-KEEPER-fifa-21-Origin-PC/m-p/9539325#M1859
    please fix this asap I can't even play there anymore.
  • Issues with stamina glitch earlier two games in a row before 60mins of a match every player on team down to near enough nothing, needs sorting. Also has anybody had graph pics coming up on screen throughout game on pro clubs?? All seems very strange in same match as stamina loss