FIFA 21 - DEEP DIVE INTO FUT

EA_Roger
1712 posts EA Community Manager
rdphlru2fr0p.png

Hello,

We have just released a brand new pitch notes article in which Tyler Blair, Creative Director for FIFA Ultimate Team, delves into the FUT news for FIFA 21.

You can read the full article here.

Let us know any thoughts you have about this in this thread.

Thanks,

The FIFA Team.

Comments

• SBaggio59
    472 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited August 2020
    Pitch note extract:

For Division Rivals in particular, matchmaking will be done using the duo's highest skill rating. So if the host is in Division 9 and the guest is in Division 5, players will be matched to the highest skill level in Division 5 using our existing matchmaking for Division Rivals.

https://www.ea.com/games/fifa/pitch-notes/news/pitch-notes-fifa-21-ultimate-team-deep-dive?isLocalized=true

SBaggio59 :

Good idea this coop mode. But ... there is something that puzzles me about matchmaking, if a team plays with its players, one is in Division 5 and the other in Division 9; and if the opposing team has one player from Division 5 and the other from Division 6; automatically there is a concern for equity. This is because EA takes the highest level into account to achieve matchmaking, regardless of the level of the lowest player on the team. It is essential to take into account the level of the lowest player when matchmaking.

It will be imperative to prove the level of the lowest player, in order to inform the players, and to prove that the matchmaking does not create inequity. Have you thought about this ?
  • SBaggio59
    Training is a good idea, also on a training ground, why not? With a few supporters?

FUT stadium, great idea! I hope we can create a back-to-school atmosphere for the players, worthy of NBA games! Lights and sounds ...

Good idea this withdrawal of fitness cards.

For the rivals competition, I would have preferred an online season style, 10 matches with climbs and descents, where you can save yourself in the last match for example.

• SBaggio59
    edited August 2020
    You have to balance the matches in the FUT rivals mode, also taking into account the team's overall rating; it is absolutely not normal that emblematic teams can meet bronze or gold teams; or that teams face teams with 10-15 lower overall score points. Already the gameplay favors the large team of icons or special players. This FUT mode must be reviewed to be fairer and more enjoyable. FUT is like a card game, you don't just need to play well to win, you need the right cards. The gameplay is more than weird in this mode, I don't like that choice of favoritism, it kills the game, it's more of a lottery mode than a football mode.
    Very bizarre for an editor who favors simulation ... If it is to build a dream team and get stabbed in the back, better to create an alternative to this mode. Thus, there will remain this FUT mode, and another mode where you can play football normally.

With the gameplay of the current FUT mode, this is simply not possible anymore. Annoying that the icons are only in this mode.

In short, the gameplay of this FUT mode is extremely unpleasant. It's very assisted and the gameplay is treacherous..
  • Is this dual matchmaking a feature that is always there or can it be enabled/disabled just if I'm online and no friends are on I'd like just a normal 1vs1
  • Okay so to get the early access pack- which I paid for as an early access bonus and not some locked behind objective reward- do only online co-op matches count toward the Co-Op Companions Objective for the early access pack? because I have been playing couch coop and the thing doesn't even register the games.
  • Okay so to get the early access pack- which I paid for as an early access bonus and not some locked behind objective reward- do only online co-op matches count toward the Co-Op Companions Objective for the early access pack? because I have been playing couch coop and the thing doesn't even register the games.

The reason I ask is that I don't have friends who play Fifa, and now I can't get my reward, seems a bit unfair

• Was looking at the manager database & ronald koeman isn’t a manager in FUT? Can we get him in the game please ? Who’s with me

• Was looking at the manager database & ronald koeman isn’t a manager in FUT? Can we get him in the game please ? Who’s with me
  • First the game was amazing and fun, it kept me on the edge of my seat all game. Every mistake was punished so you really had to focus. Maybe the finishing of everyone was alittle to good but thats it. Game was amazing and fun even when you were losing.
    Then this patch happend and now its BORING... its like fifa 20 and that game was complete crap. I didnt pay 150 euro for the same game that i didnt like... Change it back with maybe a nerf of the finishing please..
  • Kokusmilie2
    194 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    You are the absolutely )($)($) worst and most money hungry company ever seen in the history of the planet and videogames, making Squad Battles Legendary CPU have 100% shot accuracy, completely breaking the (/$(/$( games and making beating it so incredibly, amazingly, )$()($)$( controller breaking frustrating to try to beat the CPU on Legendary in Squad Battles, do you so need to prevent us from getting those coins?
  • Kokusmilie2
    194 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited November 2020
    And fix your god damn ($(/$() Web App bidding limits, I cannot bid on more than 15 cards because I see a red box saying my transfer list is full or that the action failed because you are so money hungry you cut the functionality of your own Web App so people can't )($)($ trade normally or even buy cards normally and you limit to 15 the amount of consecutive bids you can place within a time period. It's a )$()($)$ nightmare to bid on the Web App and it's almost it's only use.

You destroy your own applications just so that people can't trade and they have to morbidly resort to buying packs, money hungry.
  • Hello can you please help me recover my coins that got wiped? I did not violate any terms of services.
  • Leedsalex
    23 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Where is Elland Road?
  • SBaggio59
    Don't forget the addition of the “online” season mode; FUT mode is a routine, for many we figured it out, I mean.

Let's also move on ...
  • BondeLFC
    25 posts Last Pick at the Park
    And fix your god damn ($(/$() Web App bidding limits, I cannot bid on more than 15 cards because I see a red box saying my transfer list is full or that the action failed because you are so money hungry you cut the functionality of your own Web App so people can't )($)($ trade normally or even buy cards normally and you limit to 15 the amount of consecutive bids you can place within a time period. It's a )$()($)$ nightmare to bid on the Web App and it's almost it's only use.

You destroy your own applications just so that people can't trade and they have to morbidly resort to buying packs, money hungry.
    They don't see this. Stop complaining in here.
  • SBaggio59
    SBaggio59 wrote: »
    Don't forget the addition of the “online” season mode; FUT mode is a routine, for many we figured it out, I mean.

Let's also move on ...

I said "online season", it is also true because it has never evolved !? But I meant creating an "Online Career" mode! :*

In short, the two best modes of Fifa. Those at the base of Fifa.