Started myClub in Pes Lite.........

abhreebhu_45
2027 posts Fans' Favourite
......don't feel like buying Fifa's next installment,,,,, i tried last season, but got super confused, this time gave myself some time to understand it, n i feel it's better than what i hv been playing for last 5 yrs(Fifa 15 was the last good game) .The few positives were

1)-no ping pong passing,, sprint abuse,, wrestling in field,, pure football, where u hv to think every pass, time every shot,, in short scoring a goal requires thinking n work rather than some glitch

2)-Manager matters in myClub,, his formation n tactics decide how ur players adapt with those playing alongside them, n in turn how u perform as such,, something which i feel should matter

3)-Good matchmaking,, played a dozen online games,, all competitive,,, also skill abuse is minimal, as those require good timing

The icing was getting ronaldo, cryuff, ramos, eriksen in initial rewards

Sure i will miss those fantastic sbc n objectives in FUT,, but i feel it's time to ditch EA

Comments

• Knowlesdinho
    13444 posts Has That Special Something
    @abhreebhu_45 I've been playing for a few weeks and enjoying it. I agree with what you have posted. It feels more football like to me, slower and long passing feels more rewarding.

It's not without fault though and a few of my minor niggles are to do with pass error being overly unforgiving. I like that no look passing is punished, but there are times when you are passing in the players peripheral vision where it goes past the intended player. I also feel that when there is pass error, your receiving players don't work hard enough to even reach the ball...almost like the game has decided that it's a duff pass so there is no chance of recovery, something that would never happen in real life. I'm talking a yard away from the intended target here.

I'm still learning to be honest and trying to work on my dribbling technique now. Skills are there, but they take some pulling off, they are way off with this in my opinion. FIFA makes it too quick to pull off the skill, and it's arguably harder to do the skills (dragbacks etc not included in that of course). PES, I'd argue that it's easier to skill, but the time between you initiating the skill and it being pulled off on screen is so slow that it's not worth doing unless you are winning by some margin. Rainbow flick for example...infinitely easier to do than on FIFA, 2 clicks of the right analogue stick. In FIFA once the combination has been entered, the skill initiates, not on PES...you're waiting at least a second for the skill animation to start. I just think that it goes too far the other way.

I'm thinking I'll get the PES update and skip FIFA myself this year though. There isn't as much of a time commitment needed for PES, FIFA requires your soul at the moment, and I just don't have the time anymore.
  • Knowlesdinho
    Also, are you XBOX? If so, maybe we can do some co-op together?
  • abhreebhu_45
    Also, are you XBOX? If so, maybe we can do some co-op together?

Nah man,, ps4
  • abhreebhu_45
    @abhreebhu_45 I've been playing for a few weeks and enjoying it. I agree with what you have posted. It feels more football like to me, slower and long passing feels more rewarding.

It's not without fault though and a few of my minor niggles are to do with pass error being overly unforgiving. I like that no look passing is punished, but there are times when you are passing in the players peripheral vision where it goes past the intended player. I also feel that when there is pass error, your receiving players don't work hard enough to even reach the ball...almost like the game has decided that it's a duff pass so there is no chance of recovery, something that would never happen in real life. I'm talking a yard away from the intended target here.

I'm still learning to be honest and trying to work on my dribbling technique now. Skills are there, but they take some pulling off, they are way off with this in my opinion. FIFA makes it too quick to pull off the skill, and it's arguably harder to do the skills (dragbacks etc not included in that of course). PES, I'd argue that it's easier to skill, but the time between you initiating the skill and it being pulled off on screen is so slow that it's not worth doing unless you are winning by some margin. Rainbow flick for example...infinitely easier to do than on FIFA, 2 clicks of the right analogue stick. In FIFA once the combination has been entered, the skill initiates, not on PES...you're waiting at least a second for the skill animation to start. I just think that it goes too far the other way.

I'm thinking I'll get the PES update and skip FIFA myself this year though. There isn't as much of a time commitment needed for PES, FIFA requires your soul at the moment, and I just don't have the time anymore.

Agree with skill points,,,, also worth mentioning is the player progression,,, my rudiger grew from 84 to 88 thanx to his in game performance n skill based training

Also AI is a lot fun to play against in Pes,,, every team plays differently,,, squad battles in Fifa 19 were better, this time, all games against AI felt the same
  • abhreebhu_45
    edited August 11
    Got Kahn,90-embolo, basten today,,,,, it wld take months/stupid pack luck to get those in FIFA

Also i feel players play to their stats in PES, compared to FIFA,, n position change has a huge impact on their performance,,,

Legends feel special too,, my cryuff is so agile, n his passing is top notch,, even better than 98 ronaldo
  • Knowlesdinho
    Packed Ronaldo within 15 minutes. Never packed him once in 9 years on FIFA. I've also packed Messi. Legends I've got Nedved who is actually quite good, Puyol and the free Maradona. Also packed Lizarazu which I've upgraded from 83 to 88 so far. I love all the little legends like that.

I know contract renewals are expensive, but I'm rotating my squad, and I just use ranked sim with another squad I'm levelling when I'm doing something else to get a few extra GP.

Feel like I might start a white ball RTG when the update is out.
  • krakos000
    17689 posts World Class
    Loved the bit of pes I played this year tbh. First featured player I packed was messi :D Spent money as I did in fifa but you get SO MUCH MORE. 20 bucks in pes spins for a roma icon moments agent got me all 3 of the icons and some black ball players too...20 bucks in fifa you're lucky to get above an 84 rating lol