EA disable Chemistry in Rivals and weekend league for a week and watch the player base come back

rezyy
834 posts Semi-Pro
edited August 2020
EA let us play our top teams without having to worry about chemistry, I have so many top players I can’t use or consider buying because of this, only for a week, experiment with it see how much positive feedback you get.

Comments

• Hoopsterz
    3669 posts National Call-Up
    Would make things more interesting..

There are so many single players than interest my in a league but not a full squad from that league. Hybrids are good but sometimes you just want to use the players you want and not the players you have to use.
  • Prettyfly
    963 posts Professional
    Chemistry needs to go full stop it’s not ultimate team if you can’t link the players you want it’s just a completely pointless restriction and just means people can’t just have all the players they want
  • kapulsky
    322 posts Sunday League Hero
    For me this is nonsense! Teams buy players not only from one nationality or from one league. Couldn't Real Madrid buy (for example) Rashford to their club due to the absence of England players in the team or due to the absence of Legend players on the team ?! Idiocy! You can make a task to play a player for 20-30 matches and there will be chemistry 10. This stupid company limits us in the freedom to choose the squad. Not everyone knows how to play Messi, Ronaldo. In their place there is no way to put players from other leagues! I'm not surprised that ea doesn't understand this!
  • Mogga
    3634 posts National Call-Up
    Said for ages that players should achieve `icon` status (in terms of links) once they have played a certain amount of games for your club.
  • Boffa
    1704 posts Play-Off Hero
    Definitely. Gets boring playing against the same core players over and over again.
  • M1ll3nium
    270 posts Sunday League Hero
    I hope EA wont, trust me i will hear you complain when all you see in WL is these Kent/ASM and other OP player hybrid teams.
    It will be even more of sweat fest, with all these players trying to exploit meta players and moves.

Stepping away from position restrictions is what made NBA 2k my team a joke of a game later this year. Having 7"7 Centers with 90+ speed playing Point Guard where you normally run 6"0 players is beyond stupid. For me it takes all the fun away of building a team and actually thinking through who to buy.

My guess, majority of the player base wont pick up these off league players, they will sell everything tradeable and buy one squad of meta players.
  • tedski69
    329 posts Sunday League Hero
    Keep chemistry! Those who want it gone are either bad at the game, paying to win but still losing or button-bashers who can't be bothered thinking.

So you won't see the same core players making your game boring eh? Of course you will just different ones.
  • Boffa
    1704 posts Play-Off Hero
    tedski69 wrote: »
    Keep chemistry! Those who want it gone are either bad at the game, paying to win but still losing or button-bashers who can't be bothered thinking.

So you won't see the same core players making your game boring eh? Of course you will just different ones.

Good thing there is a ignore option on this forum so that this was hopefully the last time i had to read such a stupid response.
  • rezyy
    834 posts Semi-Pro
    tedski69 wrote: »

😂😂

Complete 💩
  • fifanew
    172 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    have they ever done this before? I'd like to play obscure players I got from SH SBCs ...
  • NinthFall
    2710 posts National Call-Up
    edited August 2020
    Personally stopped playing due to the lack of content + none good in packs
    Post edited by NinthFall on
  • BoBo_Vieri_
    467 posts Sunday League Hero
    Keep chemistry but add a player loyalty to where they attain icon level chemistry after a player completes so many matches.

10 matches = +1
    100 matches = +2
    200 matches = +3
    300 matches = +4
    etc

If you play with somebody enough, he could fit with anybody.
  • Professor
    4361 posts National Call-Up
    Players should at least get a yellow link to clubs they've previously played for. How does someone like CR7 have no chemistry to any Real Madrid players when he played there so long.
  • Ishibum
    15305 posts World Class
    Professor wrote: »
    Players should at least get a yellow link to clubs they've previously played for. How does someone like CR7 have no chemistry to any Real Madrid players when he played there so long.

Licensing would prevent that.

Tbh, the PES system is best here.
  • RadioShaq
    20840 posts Moderator
    After traders being upset about removing pack fillers it does bring up a good point. What would you do with chem styles?
  • Wooly1203
    3658 posts National Call-Up
    Ishibum wrote: »

@Ishibum How does the PES system work? Never played it
  • Tennster10
    2648 posts Fans' Favourite
    i agree, make it way more creative and fun.
  • nicitel32
    3001 posts National Call-Up
    Would bé great IF for example a player after 100 games for your club would get full chem regardles league or position
  • Stone_cold_tea93
    3647 posts National Call-Up
    Who needs chem when every decent player is french
  • Stevo_CT
    3502 posts National Call-Up
    RadioShaq wrote: »
    After traders being upset about removing pack fillers it does bring up a good point. What would you do with chem styles?

Have they though? (removed pack fillers)

I might not be making absolute sense of the changes, but are they not adding that other stadium stuff, tifo's etc, as well as increasing chem style drops?

They will just fill with this stuff instead. No way in hell will we be getting more players.
  • RadioShaq
    20840 posts Moderator
    Well after the backlash from traders it’s probably a good thing if they have other fillers so it can replace the removal of fitness or chem styles if op wanted those removed too.
  • Ishibum
    15305 posts World Class
    Wooly1203 wrote: »
    Ishibum wrote: »

@Ishibum How does the PES system work? Never played it

It's done as a heat map type of thing that takes a bunch of things into consideration (like preferred formation, playing style and that). It's totally dynamic though so as you play, the 'chemistry' improves.
  • rezyy wrote: »
    EA let us play our top teams without having to worry about chemistry, I have so many top players I can’t use or consider buying because of this, only for a week, experiment with it see how much positive feedback you get.

It would take a lot more than this for many people to come back or consider buying Fifa21.
    Changing chemistry is definitely not in the top 10. The top 5 are lag and delay related.
  • madlion
    3289 posts National Call-Up
    You will play the same teams just like now

can't believe people are so naive

• SignpostSounder
    4238 posts National Call-Up
    Mogga wrote: »
    Said for ages that players should achieve `icon` status (in terms of links) once they have played a certain amount of games for your club.

SO MUCH THIS.

Players should start to "gel" with the team as they play more games, just like they do in real life.

I just feel the effects of chemistry are absolutely ridiculous from the outset. The effects should apply to mental stats only, if anything, but not physical.

Like, I've got a Spanish player from La Liga with 95 pace. I put him next to a French guy from Ligue 1, and the Spaniard can't run as fast anymore. How does that make even the slightest bit of sense?
  • Gromit
    4865 posts Big Money Move
    The player base has left because of Chemistry restrictions?

Or because the game isn't very good and the only reason you've all been playing is for the free high rated objective cards and lots of free packs to feed the addiction?
  • Supermario911
    2217 posts Fans' Favourite
    Mogga wrote: »

Mate I said this from FIFA 11. Will never happen.