TOTY/TOTS De Jong

sparky123
399 posts Sunday League Hero
Is there any noticeable difference between these cards? Tots is slightly cheaper. Looking at changing up my midfield and having De Jong alongside Pogba in a 442 or 4222

Comments

• TTGM
    666 posts Semi-Pro
    Only difference is what the card looks like.
  • sparky123
    TTGM wrote: »
    Only difference is what the card looks like.

Seen a lot of good reviews of De Jong so thought I’d give him a go
  • Liam W
    2820 posts Fans' Favourite
    I bought the TotY recently because he is more expensive so more exclusive, but I would expect there to be no discernible difference in game.
  • sparky123
    Liam W wrote: »
    I bought the TotY recently because he is more expensive so more exclusive, but I would expect there to be no discernible difference in game.

How have you found him so far? Worth the coins?
  • Rajarshi_CFC
    831 posts Professional
    Would love to know the difference cause the TOTY costs almost 100k more for some reason.
  • Crystal-dan1
    109 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    My favourite CDM in the game has incredible, no difference between those two versions I've used both but packed the TOTS so I use that one
  • sparky123
    My favourite CDM in the game has incredible, no difference between those two versions I've used both but packed the TOTS so I use that one

Thanks. Might just pick up the TOTS version then. TOTY card looks better but I’m not paying 50k difference for a card design
  • Saiyajin
    244 posts Sunday League Hero
    Toty has better presence
  • JohnDoe
    12175 posts Has That Special Something
    There’s very little to separate the two IG. I hate the skeuomorphic design of the TOTY cards so I currently have the TOTS.
  • oldboiler
    3322 posts National Call-Up
    Packed the TOTY in the double 89+ ...actually forgot how good he is at winning the ball back. No difference between the two though other than more of the TOTS version in circulation
  • sparky123
    Thanks all for the help and comments
  • kraid
    5717 posts Big Money Move
    JohnDoe wrote: »
    There’s very little to separate the two IG. I hate the skeuomorphic design of the TOTY cards so I currently have the TOTS.

I know your plan but I refuse to google what that word means. You can’t make me do it!
  • Blackbird10
    1288 posts Professional
    I had the TOTS untradeable and then packed the TOTY untradeable last week. Put the TOTY into Joao Felix purely because the TOTS already had a shadow card on it.
  • fifanew
    172 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    My TOTY DJ scores goals, defends like crazy, where as the TOTS is nowhere to be seen usually. Not sure why.
  • sparky123
    I picked up a TOTY for 320k yesterday. Played 8 games and he’s scored 4 and assisted 2 goals. Brilliant player and he gets forward quite a bit. Wins a lot of tackles.

Thanks for the help guys
  • Seleukos
    547 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Can he play also as a single stay back cdm in a 4212(2)?
  • HS
    1979 posts Fans' Favourite
    De jong or flashback modric? To partner toty kante in CM
  • limjitwe
    8408 posts League Winner
    HS wrote: »

Modric. You need someone slightly more attacking to pair with Kante
  • Lackosweat
    7742 posts League Winner
    limjitwe wrote: »
    HS wrote: »

Modric. You need someone slightly more attacking to pair with Kante

You also need some sort of physical presence on the pitch which De Jong has over Modric.