Commentary languages

ArsleWenger
607 posts An Exciting Prospect
edited August 2020
Is your main language a commentator-choice in fifa? How hard could it be to get som more alternatives in that sense?

Im really sad EA haven’t done a thing for my language (swedish). We had a classic commentary back in fifa 06/07, but then they just removed it. Fifa is a really big game in Sweden (in the nordic countries particularly) and I can’t really understand why It should be so hard. I know its not a major issue but still! Are you (not english-speaking) having your language covered or are you still rocking that martin tyler/ allan smith combo?

Comments

• BuZuS
    1521 posts Play-Off Hero
    Germany commentary = best

660x371
  • Crowsy
    91 posts Park Captain
    I can't see why commentary languages of every nation cannot be downloaded as add on DLC. Obviously EA will charge for it so it would be viable. They have the resources but do they have the will?

• ArsleWenger
    607 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Crowsy wrote: »
    I can't see why commentary languages of every nation cannot be downloaded as add on DLC. Obviously EA will charge for it so it would be viable. They have the resources but do they have the will?

Yes indeed, that is really something I would gladly pay for. Dont think they have the will tbh, as long as the major big languages is covered....
  • Crowsy
    91 posts Park Captain
    Crowsy wrote: »

Yes indeed, that is really something I would gladly pay for. Dont think they have the will tbh, as long as the major big languages is covered....

IMO it would be a big plus for EA to do something like this, it would show EA in a better light but tbh I don't think they care.
  • ScorePlayer
    338 posts Sunday League Hero
    Is your main language a commentator-choice in fifa? How hard could it be to get som more alternatives in that sense?

Im really sad EA haven’t done a thing for my language (swedish). We had a classic commentary back in fifa 06/07, but then they just removed it. Fifa is a really big game in Sweden (in the nordic countries particularly) and I can’t really understand why It should be so hard. I know its not a major issue but still! Are you (not english-speaking) having your language covered or are you still rocking that martin tyler/ allan smith combo?

They had Swedish commentary in Fifa 13, after that it was removed. As a Finn there’s no hope for Finnish commentators as our league isn’t even in the game but I would prefer them to offer Swedish commentary again.

And why did they remove the Russian commentary from the Nordic version after Fifa 18 while it’s still available in other version? Studying that language it would be very nice extra. It doesn’t make sense why some areas don’t have different commentaries, that are available in other regions. They should be available as DLC at least.
  • EMZ
    1 posts Ball Boy
    Can I download Arabic commentary for fifa 21 on pc?
  • Futbol22
    1668 posts Play-Off Hero
    It’s a disgrace that we can’t have all commentary options or at least be able to download the ones we want. Storage is non-issue and the next-gen consoles should allow us to do this.

EA needs to understand that people don’t necessarily live in a region where their mother tongue is spoken.

For example - German speakers in North America cannot use German Commentary. This is ridiculous when German commentary has already in the game but in another region.
  • Futbol22
    1668 posts Play-Off Hero
    In FIFA 21 commentary languages should be universal and not based on region.

For example: The European version should include Brazilian Portugues and the North American version should allow German, Italian, Dutch, etc.

Making all commentary languages universal will increase immersion.

With next-gen coming all commentary languages should be available regardless of region or at least all languages should be made available by DLC
  • BuZuS wrote: »
    Germany commentary = best

660x371

I am German and this is a no for sure...since the option is available to choose englisch commentary I'd never gone back to german.