FIFA 21 on Xbox & PC

rickir1
710 posts Semi-Pro
Hi all,

If I'm wanting to play FIFA 21 on both Xbox and PC will I need to order the game twice?

Or does anyone know if its covered under the Xbox Play Anywhere program?

Comments

• QuidoFrontiere
    674 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Twice
  • rickir1
    710 posts Semi-Pro
    Twice

Damn, was thinking that may be the case but was hoping for another answer! Thanks dude
  • xfarshadx
    35 posts Park Captain
    ya sadly you would have to buy it twice... Only thing right now is if you order ultimate edition on xbox 1 or ps4, you can get a free version when new xbox and playstation comes out.. However, PC is a different ball game... they do not want to merge anything to do with console vs their PC platform. They won't even introduce crossplay anytime soon...
  • rickir1
    710 posts Semi-Pro
    It's a shame that cross play isn't possible, I agree

May purchase for Xbox and see about using Origin Access Premier for PC
  • SuperKMx
    3476 posts National Call-Up
    xfarshadx wrote: »
    Only thing right now is if you order ultimate edition on xbox 1 or ps4, you can get a free version when new xbox and playstation comes out

That goes for any edition, not just the Ultimate.
  • Bluemoon2393
    412 posts Sunday League Hero
    You could buy it on Xbox and stream it to your laptop to make it like your playing on a Computer if your internet is fast and reliable.
  • QuidoFrontiere
    674 posts An Exciting Prospect
    You could buy it on Xbox and stream it to your laptop to make it like your playing on a Computer if your internet is fast and reliable.

and home Wifi...
  • Dead_Dave
    1324 posts Professional
    rickir1 wrote: »
    It's a shame that cross play isn't possible, I agree

May purchase for Xbox and see about using Origin Access Premier for PC

No its a good thing, PC fifa has an awful lot of cheaters they do nothing about, i moved mid fifa20 to xbox because of it.
  • hhoverflow
    368 posts Sunday League Hero
    Fifa PC is full of cheaters...
    You will regret playing on PC...

Actually, you will regret playing the game at all.. :D
  • xfarshadx
    35 posts Park Captain
    I don't get why people say tons of cheaters on PC. There is cheaters on PC but not as much as you think. Also to clear things up, its not really cheating its more glitching EA's lack of support for the game. Most common thing is they will pause and disconnect and you get the lost. This isn't using a cheat. This is EA not fixing what the issue is when its brought to them. You cant minimize or you get the lost. This is also stupid but its on EA's part. Previous fifa versions you could minimize.

I have had FIFA on PC and Xbox and played on friends PlayStation. I would never play on console again. How can you compare graphics and the 60hz gameplay with Vsync and lagg on console to the smoothness of PC? it feels like i am playing a different game. Total players are less in PC than Xbox and Playstation, however the gameplay is 100% more smoother and enjoyable than console.
  • BLaZiNgSPEED
    425 posts Sunday League Hero
    Most of the cheating on PC is related to Ultimate Team. But when I play online seasons like in the case of FIFA 17 PC which I have played over 3 thousand matches these past 3 years I haven't experienced any cheaters of that sort aside from some disconnection cheaters who manage to quit without you getting the win.

Obviously until EA do not fully eradicate the cheating in online play for PC, crossplay is a liability! It is about time EA Sports include anti-cheat system like Punkbuster or VALVES VAC anti-cheat system and bannish players and include a warning logo to cheaters in their Origin accounts.

This will indeed deter players from attempting any cheats especially if these cheaters have to open up a new Origin account with a blank game library. I know this will make many cheaters feel afraid of and for this reason alone they won't have the guts to cheat.

EA have been more strict with FPS games. It's sad that a game like Battlefield Bad Company 2 PC from 10 years ago has Punkbuster ant-cheat servers with the punkbuster software being a necessity to enter these servers, yet not a single game of FIFA for PC has had that!

EA Sports can do it, but they have to be serious about it. Now I don't know whether they are deliberately not implementing it so that more people remain on the console version. It may well be a marketing strategy.
  • hhoverflow
    I don't get why people say tons of cheaters on PC. There is cheaters on PC but not as much as you think. Also to clear things up, its not really cheating its more glitching EA's lack of support for the game. Most common thing is they will pause and disconnect and you get the lost. This isn't using a cheat. This is EA not fixing what the issue is when its brought to them. You cant minimize or you get the lost. This is also stupid but its on EA's part. Previous fifa versions you could minimize.

I have had FIFA on PC and Xbox and played on friends PlayStation. I would never play on console again. How can you compare graphics and the 60hz gameplay with Vsync and lagg on console to the smoothness of PC? it feels like i am playing a different game. Total players are less in PC than Xbox and Playstation, however the gameplay is 100% more smoother and enjoyable than console.

I'm sorry bro, but you just don't know what you are talking about.

It's not glitching. It's really cheating. Some examples of what those cheats do :
    - Always Green Time Finesse Shoot
    - No Fitness
    - Legacy Defending
    - 5 Star Weak Foot for all Players
    - All Traits
    - All Specialties
    - Change Workrate

Of course, not to mention the disconnect part, that is a cheat too because the player "add goals to himself" and then "send the flag that the game is over" to EA servers, therefore he gets the win and the other player just get a "loss" and disconnect from EA servers.

Those are the main problems, mostly on FUT of course, as in Seasons there is not much reason to use those cheats.

Also, I'm not saying that the game doesn't have glitches, like the ALT+TAB issue. But thats another problem and a different topic.

You probably played vs many cheaters if you are on PC, you just might not have realized it.
  • shadowlee
    205 posts Sunday League Hero
    hhoverflow wrote: »

It's not glitching. It's really cheating. Some examples of what those cheats do :
    - No Fitness
    - Legacy Defending
    - All Traits
    - All Specialties
    - Change Workrate

Of course, not to mention the disconnect part, that is a cheat too because the player "add goals to himself" and then "send the flag that the game is over" to EA servers, therefore he gets the win and the other player just get a "loss" and disconnect from EA servers.

Those are the main problems, mostly on FUT of course, as in Seasons there is not much reason to use those cheats.

Also, I'm not saying that the game doesn't have glitches, like the ALT+TAB issue. But thats another problem and a different topic.

You probably played vs many cheaters if you are on PC, you just might not have realized it.

Add to the list pro club hacks and of course draft hacks

I will never return to the pc version for online play , console not as pretty? , who cares . i would only play pc for career mode .
    Hacks been about for years , and continue to be there in game
  • hhoverflow
    shadowlee wrote: »
    hhoverflow wrote: »

- No Fitness
    - Legacy Defending
    - All Traits
    - All Specialties
    - Change Workrate

Add to the list pro club hacks and of course draft hacks

I will never return to the pc version for online play , console not as pretty? , who cares . i would only play pc for career mode .
    Hacks been about for years , and continue to be there in game

Correct. I've only mentioned a few of the hacks. There are also WL Win Stats before the game starts, among other things.

PC is really horrible. Career Mode is also totally broken unfortunatelly. EA can't do 1 thing properly, it's really incredible.