A Long Road with Macclesfield Town | Season 1

Richoman
130 posts Has Potential To Be Special
edited August 9
I9KWUzF.png

I'm excited to start this long road to glory with Macclesfield Town. They are up against it having the lowest transfer budget in English League Two but I am determined to bring them up.

Squad (still in transfer window)

Cp3ZuID.png

Pre-Season

Pre-Season was unbelievable with the team winning the European International Cup and delivering some much needed transfer funds. We beat Dutch First division team VVV-Venlo in the final showing we can take it up to quality teams. We played fast attacking football creating multiple chances and wonderful quick passing plays but at times was unable to finish our chances. Defensively we looked solid.

Players that emerged during the pre-season as potential regular starters were:

Arthur Gnahoua

dHBal5k.jpg

Gnahoua pace and power proving a great asset on the wings and as a striker.

Ben Stephens

3tcKDpO.jpg

Stephens' created numerous chances for us with his agility proving an asset, his finishing needs work though

Jak Mccourt

kxM9EmR.jpg

Mccourt is your ever reliable box to box midfielder and did it all for us during the competition

The team still needs improvements. We are on the lookout for another full back, centreback, two additional wingers and a strong defensive midfielder. It was identified at the start the team lacked pace and hence our signings so far has tended towards these areas. We also lacked end product so will look to address this as well.

wYhsblp.png

Gunjeevan Thakkar is an agile pacey small striker able to be played on the wings

Ari Friojonsson is a promising young centre back

Sveinn Aron Vilhjalmsson is a balanced young GK

Anudaan Sanghu is still a teenager and will give good depth for our winger stocks

Adit Ginti fulfills our need for a more agile full back

Matthew Ridenton is a solid holding midfielder from NZ

Aleksandar Tonev is an experienced winger that will help with our end product troubles

Ahkeem Rose is an exciting winger full of pace
Post edited by Richoman on

Comments

• Richoman
    Results as at September 1 2019

CJ3NWJE.png

zLAfbEu.png

XL8zxAQ.png

xgmkgv6.png

lnCqo8J.png

SeYRT90.png

nPXNv1p.png

CJJVBpc.png

Overall we cannot complain about our start to the season we are top of the table at the moment after the transfer window! The marquee signing of Lee Gwang Hyeok has been massive for us as he has added alot of flair and pace on the wings.

Our first couple of games we found it hard to finish off our good play but it seems the last few games we are starting to gel much better and finishing off our chances. We like to play a fast passing style, using pace in the wings as much as we can.

Captain Jak Mccourt has been a standout scoring some important goals, winger Tonev has added class to this team, Centre Back Mitrovic is rock solid and Adit Ginti is a wall at left back. The fact we have beaten two championship sides in the Carabao cup further highlights that we are the team to beat in this league.

Transfers

CnCGnuC.png

Lots of players bought in. The large amount of wingers is due to our play style requiring fast wingers who break the lines and take players. Unfortunately Right Back signing Hayden White has broken his tailbone at training and is out for 4 months

Stats

nbeBDAC.png

R2w2IiR.png
  • JoGR02
    80 posts Park Captain
    Fantastic start to the season. Signings seem to be gelling well with the original team. 8-1 :astonished: poor Stevenage really suffering there.
  • Richoman
    JoGR02 wrote: »
    Fantastic start to the season. Signings seem to be gelling well with the original team. 8-1 :astonished: poor Stevenage really suffering there.

yes that last result really came out of nowhere, most games we had struggle to get a goal then bam just all clicked

and yep the originals have been solid. the board want me to sign at least 4 youth players so ill do my best there as well

Thanks!
  • Richoman
    Update as at 5/10/2019

WvzJuzg.png

quilwxW.png

7Vgco2P.png

0Du0Zlm.png

CUXSyZG.png

Qq5qMcP.png

0JterIu.png

15sqLd7.png

Our great run of form continues as we start October top of the table! We even took out a premier league team in the Carabao Cup!

The team is gelling extremely well now with our end product improving massively and our passing moves are proving far too slick for most of the opposition.

The defence is holding up extremely well through the leadership of Mitrovic at the back and Archibald is filling in very well through the absence of RB Hayden White.

The midfield and attack is linking up very well with captain Mccourt continuing his wonderful form, he works tirelessly in defence and attack. Tonev is showing his previous experience in the top leagues with his wonderful dribbling ability and deadly finishing. Gwang Hyeok's pace down the wings is lethal and Gnahoua's pre season form is really starting to show now scoring goals left right and centre.

So far the team does not have a set CAM hence we have been trialling Gwang Hyeok and Tonev through that area during matches as they are the most skillful in the team and create the most chances. This is a position we would have to fill in the transfer window.

Current Standings

fBItXY0.jpg

Player Stats

PHt7U2Q.png

Stats

rsR8UIA.png

• LAboog4
    832 posts Semi-Pro
    Great start to the season! Promotion is looking a real possibility now. I really enjoy your stats, I have been keeping track of stats as well per game, it adds a fun element to the career and it is interesting to see where your team is lacking or dominating.

Home and away splits look pretty balanced actually.
  • JoGR02
    80 posts Park Captain
    LAboog4 wrote: »
    Great start to the season! Promotion is looking a real possibility now. I really enjoy your stats, I have been keeping track of stats as well per game, it adds a fun element to the career and it is interesting to see where your team is lacking or dominating.

Yep, agree with this, love the deeper dive into the stats behind games. Your fantastic start continues, though it looks like Swindon will chase you all the way. Tonev with 10 goals already, gonna have to get the record books out soon ;)
  • Richoman

Thanks! ahh i see you are a stats man like me haha, i do love tracking player performances and wish fifa had a career tracker like FM would be pretty mad

Yep, agree with this, love the deeper dive into the stats behind games. Your fantastic start continues, though it looks like Swindon will chase you all the way. Tonev with 10 goals already, gonna have to get the record books out soon ;)

hahah yeah they are a tough team to break down! Crystal Palace felt easier to score against
    True! the record i checked is 31 :O gonna be tough to crack that from the wing

• Richoman
    edited August 13
    Giant Killers Macclesfield Town Takes Down ANOTHER Premier League Team in Carabao Cup

UmQkbQe.jpg?1

Newcastle United was the latest team to fall victim to the feel good story of the year Macclesfield Town. In a see-sawing affair at St James Park which saw Macclesfield fall behind twice the English League Two side somehow found a way to topple Newcastle in front of their home fans. They now advance to the quarter finals of the Carabao Cup

When Origi put Newcastle in front within five minutes it looked like Macclesfield would finally fall back to Earth. However, they played much better after that goal, controlling possession patiently before scoring via South Korean Lee Gwang Hyeok.

It looked over when Origi put through Newcastle's second with 15 minutes left but enter Macclesfield defensive midfielder Josh Grant. The 20 year old intercepted a pass in midfield then proceeded to dribble the ball all the way to the final third holding off a few Newcastle players before threading a through ball to Hyeok to equalize again.

Grant's heroics didn't stop there, he won the ball off Almiron before receiving the ball from teammate Ben Stephens to then thread another wonderful through ball to captain Jak McCourt to score the winner.

VvAD4bn.jpg
    Captain Jak McCourt scoring the winner

This win ranks as their most famous victory with the team from the North West of England still unbeaten in all matches this season. Macclesfield's manager was understandably delighted at the win, running up and town the touchline after McCourt's goal. However, he was more calm after the match. "A wonderful win, I'm proud of the boys. However, there are still alot more aspects to our game we can improve, which really excites me to be able to say that.

BVAww1S.jpg
    Lee Gwang Hyeok visibly delighted after scoring his second goal
  • JoGR02
    80 posts Park Captain
    Another phenomenal result! Newcastle have plenty of threat in their side, so to go there and not only win, but win after coming from behind is very admirable. Do Macclesfield dare to dream?
    I hope so!
  • Richoman
    Another phenomenal result! Newcastle have plenty of threat in their side, so to go there and not only win, but win after coming from behind is very admirable. Do Macclesfield dare to dream?
    I hope so!

Yeah i legit thought after that second goal it was curtains, but holy Josh Grant is a beast

though reality sets in when I see the sides left in the draw, Man Utd, Liverpool, Spurs, Chelsea :/
  • Richoman
    edited August 14
    Results as at 30/10/2019

IuT3doZ.png

nwZjn4F.png

V6RpOxY.png

3arMOcd.png

9qS1190.png

Bnf3M9y.png

An incredible month with some massive results. We extend our lead on top of the table and also beat ANOTHER EPL team in Newcastle. The team is gelling better and better every game to the point where our second stringers are also putting in good performances. A 2 month injury to our best CB Nemanja Mitrovic complicated things a little bit but Fiarce Kelleher and Fraser Horsfall has done well to feel that void for now.

Players that have stood out this month were Lee Gwang Hyeok. His pace, direct running and goal and assist threat has been outstanding. He is scaring many defences. Jak McCourt continues to work hard for the team. Thakkar is doing well as a back up striker and young DM Josh Grant has emerged as a midfield enforcer during the month, dictating the tempo of games.

Our CAM situation is doing okay at the moment. We have rotated Gwang Hyeok , Ben Stephens and Tonev as our starting CAMs for and during games with decent success however we would love to have a more permanent option. Ben Stephens was our starting CAM during the early part of the season however his endurance to run out games is a worry and we have been saving him for certain games and for impact off the bench.

Potential worries could be the injuries to our defence catching up to us however our fluid midfield and attack that combines hard pressing and fast ball movement is doing wonderfully well at the moment.

Coming up are important clashes against Swindon in the Leasing.com trophy quarter final and cruical clashes in the league with Salford and Walsall. Also we have drawn to play Leicester City in the Carabao cup quarter final in December!

Table

vZEExGO.jpg

Player Stats

LGNd5K3.png

TT74uui.png

Team Stats

wtOV4Oa.png

Interesting to see our shot accuracy much higher during away games.

• JoGR02
    80 posts Park Captain
    Wow, great job staying undefeated. 50 goals in 16 games is :o Feels like you should be further ahead than 5 points.
  • Richoman
    Wow, great job staying undefeated. 50 goals in 16 games is :o Feels like you should be further ahead than 5 points.

Thanks! yeah going well so far, defitnetly feel like the class of Hyeok and Tonev has really dominated defences. But yeah having a closer look Swindon are being just as pesky! their defence looks to be really good just they arent scoring as much
  • LAboog4
    832 posts Semi-Pro
    The attack is looking incredible. Would love to see a draw away at a top team like United, would be a great challenge for the attack.
  • Virtual_K
    1944 posts Play-Off Hero
    Being from the other side of the world, I had to look up Macclesfield. I imagine if this club continues its phenomenal success against EPL squads, then the two Manchester's might look to pilfer some talent (probably happens in real life).

Impressive work on individual stats. I, too, am a stats guy but avoided doing anything with individual stats because of the amount of data input after each match. Do you log everything, and how long does it generally take you to do updates? Just curious.
  • Richoman
    edited August 16
    Results as of 31/12/2019

mWYdycW.png

xngLaV6.png

HEZ8bWf.png

IogXbF6.png

QFFd2oo.png

vilKs68.png

yHDKaTm.png

ck8nKMQ.png

lJR8j9V.png

RE993We.png

agGIJnq.png

LSLEk1b.png

A massive last two months. We managed to beat Leicester City in the Carabao Cup Quarter Finals in a tense game that went into a penalty shootout. We shot out too a 2-0 lead but they came back (Though their second goal was due to EA ❤️❤️❤️❤️ with the game somehow unselecting my player as i was chasing theirs....) in the second half. Our GK Sveinn Aron Vilhjalmsson was massive and saved us.

However, we experienced our first ever loss this season to Plymouth straight after our quarter final win via conceding another 2-0 lead. These defensive lapses could possibly be due to injuries to our CB Fiarce Kelleher in November and Nemanja Mitrovic in October. When Mitrovic and RB Hayden White returned from long term injuries and they were a bit rusty. I feel the more games they play the better the defence will gel.

Our attack though is still going great. Tonev is back in goal scoring form. Gnahoua is equal top scorer in the league and Gwang Hyeok is still terrifying defences with his pace. Special mentions to Ben Stephens stepping up to the CAM role with some great assists and CB Ari Friojonsson holding the fort down back when we had massive injuries.

Overall we are in a good position, our attacks are very fluid and when we dont have the ball everyone even the forwards press hard in order to win the ball back then spread quickly with quick passes to score as much as we can. Coming up in January we face LIVERPOOL in the semi finals of the Carabao Cup over 2 legs, which will be the ultimate test and the clubs biggest ever games. We also continue our progression in the FA Cup and look to consolidate our place on top of the league with a crucial game against Colchester

We now enter the January transfer window. We have managed to purchase attacking midfielder Ji Eon Hak via a player swap deal with Donavon Wilson. Ji is a hard working midfielder with good stamina and good dribbling ability and will add depth to our barren attacking midfield stocks as well as even more creativity.

During the window we will be looking to gain some funds hopefully from selling some players we are not looking to use for the remainder of the season such as Jacob Blyth. However, we have not been getting any offers.

Table

TzqSkQV.jpg

Stats

Comoi6O.png

WUyb6cx.png

szCrwSW.png

• Richoman
    edited August 16
    TRANSFER NEWS: MACCLESFIELD SIGN ATTACKING MIDFIELDER JI EON HAK

tvTBLMG.png

Positions: CAM/CM

Strengths: Stamina, dribbling, solid passing ability

Weaknesses: Agility, high defensive workrate

Comments: Ji Eon Hak is a hard working midfielder with experience in Spain with Alcorcon, is good with his feet and can play a good pass

Macclesfield have added to their talented attacking stocks with the signing of attacking midfielder Ji Eon Hak from Incheon United in South Korea's 1st division league. The deal sees unwanted striker Donavon Wilson go to the South Korean team as well.

Macclesfield have attracted attention this season of the mainstream football watching public with giant killer wins over Crystal Palace, Newcastle and Leicester City in the Carabao Cup. In their league, English league 2, they sit atop of the table with only one loss. Their performances have caught the attention of clubs in higher level leagues with players such as Jak Mccourt, Arthur Ghanoua, Aleksander Tonev and Lee Gwang Hyeok in particular getting the attention of scouts. Tonev in particular is the player many believe will attract a bid with clubs in the championship rumored to have already contacted his agent.

• JoGR02
    80 posts Park Captain
    Tough loss vs Plymouth, maybe it was good to suffer a loss now so you don't have the pressure of remaining undefeated later on in the season. Fantastic result against Leicester, well done there.

No point worrying about it because you won 3 out of 4 games anyway, but I think that's the first time you've conceded 4 games in a row, 7 goals conceded all while scoring 11, so I think you're quite comfortable really.
  • Richoman
    The attack is looking incredible. Would love to see a draw away at a top team like United, would be a great challenge for the attack.

hahah well you got your wish sadly :( Looks like its liverpool , this is gonna be one hell of a dog fight :/ was hoping a midtable team slipped through again haha
    Virtual_K wrote: »
    Being from the other side of the world, I had to look up Macclesfield. I imagine if this club continues its phenomenal success against EPL squads, then the two Manchester's might look to pilfer some talent (probably happens in real life).

Impressive work on individual stats. I, too, am a stats guy but avoided doing anything with individual stats because of the amount of data input after each match. Do you log everything, and how long does it generally take you to do updates? Just curious.

I hope they do come for me! I need the money hahah, though most of the players I want to keep, will be hard to let them go if i have to :/

as for the stats, thanks! i just input the stuff from the main stats page after the games, which takes about 20 seconds. Then i do the goals and assists (sometimes i pause and enter the goals in) along with the player ratings.

I set up another excel spreadsheet that has formulas to read what i inputted and delivers the stats that you see. Alot of index match and countif stuffs haha. For the excel spread sheet to distinguish between cup and league matches i have code words on the side that the index match formula reads.

Yours looks insane though :O i assume you got a nice template set up, then just input the stats after matches such as shots, tackles etc?
  • Richoman
    edited August 18
    Tough loss vs Plymouth, maybe it was good to suffer a loss now so you don't have the pressure of remaining undefeated later on in the season. Fantastic result against Leicester, well done there.

No point worrying about it because you won 3 out of 4 games anyway, but I think that's the first time you've conceded 4 games in a row, 7 goals conceded all while scoring 11, so I think you're quite comfortable really.

yeah if i was to be honest when i was 2-0 i did feel a bit cocky :( good reminder that this game can do anything haha

you are right the defence has been a bit leaky of late, possibly due to the rustiness of the players returning from injury but we are still in a good spot! Bloody Swindon took advantage though !! only 4 pts now, they never want to go away haha
    Post edited by Richoman on
  • Richoman
    edited August 18
    Macclesfield Town Claim Their BIGGEST Scalp, Defeating Liverpool to Progress into The Final

JmISXSU.jpg
    Oxlade-Chamberlain's decisive miss in the penalty shootout as Macclesfield's Sveinn Aron Vilhjalmsson
    celebrates

Giant killers Macclesfield Town have claimed yet another EPL team and its the biggest one of all, the top of the table Liverpool, to progress into the Carabao Cup Final. Going into the second leg the scores were tied at 2-2 following a see-sawing contest at Anfield in the first leg. The second leg also finished with scores tied at 2-2 but Macclesfield progressed on penalties winning 3-2. This second leg clash with filled with just as much drama.

It was apparent the home team was looking to take advantage of Liverpool's aggressive pressing play in order to open up space at the back for their fast wingers to run into. This was confirmed when they selected pacey winger Alex Kiwomya ahead of creative midfielder Ben Stephens who scored in the 1st leg. This tactic almost worked straight away with Liverpool keeper Allison having a close effort from Aleksander Tonev as well as multiple other half chances within the first 15 minutes. In the first leg this aggressive press put Macclesfield under pressure and they found it hard to cope.

Macclesfield Town opened the scoring following a wonderful potential goal saving tackle from full back Hayden White following a Macclesfield Town turnover in a dangerous area. This prompted a swift counter attack in which Kiwomya was able to run almost half the length of the field taking advantage of Liverpool's high press to score.

Liverpool however, equalized almost immediately through a fortunate flick on from a corner to Fabinho standing at the far post. The game was fairly even with both teams having moments of momentum. Things were swinging Macclesfield's way until their goal keeper Vilhjalmsson who had made some incredible saves beforehand gave away an incredible goal from an embarrassing error throwing out to his player.

It could of been easy for this team to fold right there and then and consider themselves unlucky they lost to an error but the story of this season is this team just doesn't die too easily and within 3 minutes Tonev put through a wonderful through ball cutting the Liverpool defence with Gnahoua calmly finishing.

6HFvM8y.jpg
    Gnahoua putting it past Allison

From there Macclesfield looked most likely to score the winner, controlling possession and having the much more dangerous attacks. However, Liverpool held onto a draw and it was time for penalties. Again, it looked like Macclesfield would go down, missing their 1st penalty and Liverpool converting their first. However, Liverpool missed their 2nd penalty and Macclesfield regathered their composure and took the lead in the shootout following a great save from their keeper. It was down to Oxlade-Chamberlain to score and keep Liverpool from losing, however his effort hit the post and the fans from the North West of England went crazy.

Full credit to a team who took Liverpool's best punch, adapted and gave a bit of their own whilst also developing a plan to get over weapons of the much stronger Liverpool. However, this might not be their most famous win. It could be in a few months time when they face Manchester City in the final.
  • JoGR02
    80 posts Park Captain
    Blimey, the dream is becoming a reality for all involved at Macclesfield, what a brilliant and well earned result. Best of luck in the final!
  • Richoman
    Blimey, the dream is becoming a reality for all involved at Macclesfield, what a brilliant and well earned result. Best of luck in the final!

Thanks! yeah was legit ❤️❤️❤️❤️ bricks when i stuffed up the GK throw, was one of those where i tried to pass it to my guy short but the power input didnt read what i wanted and was too shallow :(

still surprised we managed to win though. they looked deadly everytime they went forward, just tried to force them to shoot from far out each time
  • Virtual_K
    1944 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited August 19
    <3<3<3<3 bricks? I don't get it? :p Anyways, helluva win over Liverpool, forcing them to shoot from outside is a tried and true tactic for me. The team is in a great spot with some solid passing and shooting statistics (If I'm anywhere close to 80% then it's a good day for me, which says a lot about my play :# ). Hopefully you can fend off any poaching because promotion looks inevitable for Macclesfield Town at this stage.

QUOTE:
    "as for the stats, thanks! i just input the stuff from the main stats page after the games, which takes about 20 seconds. Then i do the goals and assists (sometimes i pause and enter the goals in) along with the player ratings.

I set up another excel spreadsheet that has formulas to read what i inputted and delivers the stats that you see. Alot of index match and countif stuffs haha. For the excel spread sheet to distinguish between cup and league matches i have code words on the side that the index match formula reads.

Yours looks insane though :O i assume you got a nice template set up, then just input the stats after matches such as shots, tackles etc?"

Always interested how people use a spreadsheet for their stats. I was probably like a lot of people, had a basic knowledge of Excel and simple formulas, but then got a bug up my arse to create a league table (actually, I started with a World Cup bracket, which is more complicated) and learned a few things from there. INDEX/MATCH is a key concept for creative lookups. :)
    I have two spreadsheets I use; the league table (which has grown in size and complexity over the years) and the match details, which I keep separate from the table so it can be configured for any league career. Both of which take little time to update but took a lot of time to create.

I can go on and on about this stuff but don't want to take up someone's story thread.
    Post edited by Virtual_K on
  • Richoman
    <3<3<3<3 bricks? I don't get it? :p Anyways, helluva win over Liverpool, forcing them to shoot from outside is a tried and true tactic for me. The team is in a great spot with some solid passing and shooting statistics (If I'm anywhere close to 80% then it's a good day for me, which says a lot about my play :# ). Hopefully you can fend off any poaching because promotion looks inevitable for Macclesfield Town at this stage.

QUOTE:
    "as for the stats, thanks! i just input the stuff from the main stats page after the games, which takes about 20 seconds. Then i do the goals and assists (sometimes i pause and enter the goals in) along with the player ratings.

Yours looks insane though :O i assume you got a nice template set up, then just input the stats after matches such as shots, tackles etc?"

Always interested how people use a spreadsheet for their stats. I was probably like a lot of people, had a basic knowledge of Excel and simple formulas, but then got a bug up my arse to create a league table (actually, I started with a World Cup bracket, which is more complicated) and learned a few things from there. INDEX/MATCH is a key concept for creative lookups. :)
    I have two spreadsheets I use; the league table (which has grown in size and complexity over the years) and the match details, which I keep separate from the table so it can be configured for any league career. Both of which take little time to update but took a lot of time to create.

I can go on and on about this stuff but don't want to take up someone's story thread.

hahaah basically my controller was sweatier than anything else in the world :D but yes cheers haha, i was so scared to dive into to tackles just outside the box against them because the legit dribble past me too easily. they did score a worldie though anyway :/

funny you speak of poaching, noone has sent me any offers for my players at all! hope its not a glitch.

and thats interesting :O do youinput all results at the end of the round or something, that sounds more time consuming, but i guess if you have a good set up you can just enter the scores. yours is incredibly in depth which is pretty mad too see , love that stuff.
  • Richoman
    Results as at 08/02/2020

cRZgxxl.png

jX6KHc1.png

Vdd64Gx.png

O7WTqiI.png

Kw0kMLU.png

wyrDbHr.png

vJEwy2R.png

ahp3Na3.png

t3I2lqh.png

Manager's summary

Another massive month for the team with history being made defeating Liverpool over 2 legs to reach the final of the Carabao cup. Still a bit shocked at the result and obviously very happy, but we feel like its only part of the job done, we have one more match to go. It was pleasing to see the lads follow the game plan for Liverpool so well. We knew they loved to press so we used this to our advantage and played our paciest wingers, taking advantage of the spaces they leave behind. Overall we are still top of the league, with 2 games in hand, into the round of 16 of the FA Cup as well as into the area final of the leasing.com trophy. A solid effort!

Over the course of the month our form has generally been good, but there were some hiccups along the way. The draw to Port Vale, falling 2 goals behind to Northampton and the draw to Portsmouth. Some of the players looked sluggish at times, though this and the results could possibly be attributed to the wear and tear of the season and as long as we get the results it should be fine. I'll look to rotate the players alot more as the season wears on.

The board have been pressuring me to play more youth academy players faster than what i would of liked. Hence, the debuts of 4 youth players this season. I felt these boys would be ready later on in the season or next season but they have been solid so far with Jamie Edwards scoring his first ever goal.

Players who have been impressive during this time is our reliable CB Nemanja Mitrovic, coming back from injury he has slotted added calmness to our back 4. Our GK Sveinn Aron Vilhjalmsson pulled off some wonderful stops especially against Liverpool and during the PK shootouts. Despite a massive error from him in the 2nd leg he was mature enough to recompose himself. Arthur Ghahoua continues to score and lead the league for goals and Tonev is back to his early season form. Ben Stephens has been very creative for us and Alex Kiwomya's pace has been crucial for us in games and it was his selection for the Liverpool match that helped us massively to secure the win.

We now in the next month look to massive clashes against Manchester City in the Carabao Cup final and Spurs in the Round of 16 of the FA Cup!

Transfers

G7J4DEr.png

We have had some activity in the transfer front with the view to what next season will look like. We have decided again to strengthen our attacking midfield stocks after the signing of Ji Eon Hak with the big signing of Ryan Broom on a pre contract deal. He is a creative pacey midfielder with great versatility to be able to play deeper or as Right Back. We also signed winger Derrick Etienne Jr also on a pre contract deal. He is pacey winger with the ability to dribble past a man as well as a lethal shot. These signings are in anticipation of other clubs looking to poach our players. The rumors of Tonev leaving are getting a bit louder by the day for my liking.

League Table & League Stats

nKOcMtt.jpg

bXxOE8u.jpg

3hwyKIK.jpg

eHuVvde.jpg

Great to see our players featuring heavily in the league tallies for goals, assists and clean sheets.

Player & Team Stats

V1WrU5F.png

wov4Byj.png

M6WQawu.png

o8y5JwE.png

• JoGR02
    80 posts Park Captain
    Quite a few draws in that last batch of results but most importantly no losses...again! If you have the top goal scorer, most cleansheets and top assists x2, it's no surprise you're doing as well as you are.
  • Richoman
    Quite a few draws in that last batch of results but most importantly no losses...again! If you have the top goal scorer, most cleansheets and top assists x2, it's no surprise you're doing as well as you are.

yes ! haha we can have bloody liverpool to thank for that
    i reckon we will have some more up and down results as the board really want me to play those youth players :/
    thankfully the league looks okay for now so ill play them in those. I just dont want to be fired haha
  • Virtual_K
    1944 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited August 21
    Lot of information to process. :sweat: The big takeaway is the League Cup victory over Liverpool, even the stats were impressive against Liverpool's. Surprised there wasn't a news article about it. :p If poaching is a concern, then maybe it is time for a block party. :D Macclesfield is in a dominant position with games in hand. Should be an interesting transfer window.

Richoman wrote: »
    and thats interesting :O do youinput all results at the end of the round or something, that sounds more time consuming, but i guess if you have a good set up you can just enter the scores. yours is incredibly in depth which is pretty mad too see , love that stuff.
    Your right, I just enter the league scores in the scores table after each match and the spreadsheet handles the rest; takes less than a minute. I have a custom user form I use for the match details. Also easy to update, but that spreadsheet uses VBA heavily (which is necessary to work with shapes as opposed to using cell ranges for the end display). I could go on, but I was thinking of making a short (but humorous) video at the end of my story since I've been asked before how I do things and it's hard to explain without writing a War and Peace length novel.
    Post edited by Virtual_K on
  • Richoman
    Lot of information to process. :sweat: The big takeaway is the League Cup victory over Liverpool, even the stats were impressive against Liverpool's. Surprised there wasn't a news article about it. :p If poaching is a concern, then maybe it is time for a block party. :D Macclesfield is in a dominant position with games in hand. Should be an interesting transfer window.

Richoman wrote: »
    Your right, I just enter the league scores in the scores table after each match and the spreadsheet handles the rest; takes less than a minute. I have a custom user form I use for the match details. Also easy to update, but that spreadsheet uses VBA heavily (which is necessary to work with shapes as opposed to using cell ranges for the end display). I could go on, but I was thinking of making a short (but humorous) video at the end of my story since I've been asked before how I do things and it's hard to explain without writing a War and Peace length novel.

hehe there was a news article about it ;) and yeah dont worry , i figured for midway and End of season updates id do full in depth stats.

Believe me it wasnt easy :/ legit whenever they got the ball i felt like they were gonna score, they just pass it around and dribble and you cant get it off them unless they stuff up or shoot, when they stuff up i hit them on the counter as best i can :D and yes ! im doing alot of scouting for next season

damn you do vba too :O no wonder it looks so detailed ! vba is out of my realm sadly, index matches for me hahaha, but yeah your templates are mad, ill look into one if i got time