Weekend league squad requirements...

Clemster
905 posts Semi-Pro
edited August 2020
I remember when I first qualified for the WL there were different criteria like only allowed to use a La Liga squad or Prem squad. I think I would like to see that return in ffia 21, just so end up using players that wouldn't normally use. What does anyone else think?

Comments

• SuperKMx
    3479 posts National Call-Up
    I like the idea, but I think I'd prefer a rating limit. One weekend would be unlimited, the next would be silvers only, etc, etc.

Most people would hate that idea, but I think it would be interesting to be able to use a bronze Romanian League team and see what I could do against other people who are also limited to bronzes.
  • madlion
    70 posts Park Captain
    it doesn't change much in terms of results, just more hassle to change teams
    you will still see full meta teams
  • SuperKMx
    edited August 2020
    madlion wrote: »

Isn't about the results, necessarily. It's about the experience.

I can't use 98% of the players in FIFA 20 in FUT Champions, because they just aren't good enough when the going gets tough. And every match is against the same players. My last 9 Rivals opponents all had Mason Greenwood as a starter. I imagine FUT Champs is much the same.

But if everyone is limited in some way, I've got the option of building fun squads that actually have a good chance.

And I've also got a chance that a bronze or silver pack has a player in it that some mug will pay 50k for.
  • TDOF
    7394 posts League Winner
    Wouldn't be fair for pro players since its how they qualify into pro events, maybe if there were 2 weekend leagues... one serious one and the other with reqs
  • Wangen
    41 posts Last Pick at the Park
    SuperKMx wrote: »
    madlion wrote: »

Isn't about the results, necessarily. It's about the experience.

I can't use 98% of the players in FIFA 20 in FUT Champions, because they just aren't good enough when the going gets tough. And every match is against the same players. My last 9 Rivals opponents all had Mason Greenwood as a starter. I imagine FUT Champs is much the same.

But if everyone is limited in some way, I've got the option of building fun squads that actually have a good chance.

And I've also got a chance that a bronze or silver pack has a player in it that some mug will pay 50k for.

This is why we need tournaments back. Silvers + Bronze players are now only used for SBC, but if they re-introduce the tournaments, we can enjoy those hidden gems that we had back in Fifa 15 etc. It was fun to try & compete in tournaments with different requirements & rewards every week. You got to test out other players besides the meta, and everyone was equal due to the requirements.

Tournaments could also be a way for them to remove certain objectives from the Season Objectives. Play & win 10 matches using only players from Spain etc. could be in tournaments instead of the sweatfest in rivals. That way you won't be hammered when you're trying to do an objective by a meta-team and you can actually be matched agains someone who does the same objective as you.

But knowing EA, they won't give us tournaments
  • SuperKMx
    TDOF wrote: »
    Wouldn't be fair for pro players since its how they qualify into pro events, maybe if there were 2 weekend leagues... one serious one and the other with reqs

I don't see why, to be honest.

They should be qualifying based on their FIFA skill. If everybody is limited to using 74-rated players or whatever, then it's a level playing field. If they're any good, their skill should still be enough to hit the top 100.

If anything, it would improve the pro players, as they'll have to learn how to win when they don't have Pele and R9 to dig them out of a tight spot.
  • TDOF
    7394 posts League Winner

They should be qualifying based on their FIFA skill. If everybody is limited to using 74-rated players or whatever, then it's a level playing field. If they're any good, their skill should still be enough to hit the top 100.

If anything, it would improve the pro players, as they'll have to learn how to win when they don't have Pele and R9 to dig them out of a tight spot.

Because at the beginning of the year they're already hit with a cap, For the first 2 events they're limited to a 84 rated team and 1 or 2 icons.

They need to practice with that team from the very start of the game and they dont change it so theyre ready for qualifiers and know that team inside and out, changing a team every week would change the way they'd have to play... which isnt fair.
  • SuperKMx

Because at the beginning of the year they're already hit with a cap, For the first 2 events they're limited to a 84 rated team and 1 or 2 icons.

They need to practice with that team from the very start of the game and they dont change it so theyre ready for qualifiers and know that team inside and out, changing a team every week would change the way they'd have to play... which isnt fair.

Ah, yeah. I didn't think about the tournament caps. Fair point, then.

Like you say, maybe they should change the way qualification is done or have two leagues, then.