FIFA 21 - Fifa Points

Comments

• RealM
    6542 posts Big Money Move
    0 (Zero) Not a chance I'm putting any further money into this lottery franchise.
    0 like every year because you still end up with the same team as everyone else.
  • RebelRob
    6785 posts Big Money Move
    0 (Zero) Not a chance I'm putting any further money into this lottery franchise.
    Not touching Fifa 21 if I can help it, and if I do I’m certainly not buying any fp’s.

A game as simple as PACWYN has given me as much enjoyment as Fifa, and it’s about as basic a game as you can get, and that says a lot. Admittedly warzone with a couple guys from here/discord being far more fun than fifa has been the last couple years also has helped me not play a game since about the second week of tots.

Like many, I’ve spent far too much (probably 3k since 2012) on this game, and I did enjoy it until recently, but it’s just the same recycled garbage and will take a lot for it to change.

So until then, I’m likely not (or will certainly try) going to play Fifa for the foreseeable.
  • Scutch
    15346 posts World Class
    16 years on Xbox live. FUT since 2010. Not buying FIFA21.

I wish the community was as decent as most of this forum but I’m done with the game. The near constant delay, the diabolical menus, the toxic players, and the utter disdain by EA to treat their audience as nothing more than a cash cow to milk says I’m out.

Perhaps to return someday, but this game provides little satisfaction, plenty of mental anguish, and offers a poor cost v enjoyment balance.

Best of luck folks, but I should have done this years ago.

Problem is, most (if not all) of us love football, and football games. There's nothing that competes, sadly.
  • Scutch
    15346 posts World Class
    RealM wrote: »
    0 like every year because you still end up with the same team as everyone else.

And the crazy thing is, one of my mates set up his team in May (or early June) and in one of the early SBC challenges (think it was the Advanced leagues or something), he packed PIM Pele, so had absolutely no reason to put Fifa Points on anyway :joy:

I know not everyone packs high rated/value cards but it just shows that with a bit of luck, you can get something for free when someone else spends hundreds of £ just to be able to buy that card off the market. It's mental.
  • ha032742
    38135 posts Moderator
    24000 - 36000 (£144 - £216)
    Scutch wrote: »

I wish the community was as decent as most of this forum but I’m done with the game. The near constant delay, the diabolical menus, the toxic players, and the utter disdain by EA to treat their audience as nothing more than a cash cow to milk says I’m out.

Perhaps to return someday, but this game provides little satisfaction, plenty of mental anguish, and offers a poor cost v enjoyment balance.

Problem is, most (if not all) of us love football, and football games. There's nothing that competes, sadly.

I’m hoping Cyberpunk distracts me enough along with PS5 exclusives like Spiderman.
  • Hoopsterz
    2251 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited August 10
    Since I've started playing FUT in 2010 I've never had a plan not to buy the next edition.. or splash at least 12k FP on it at the start. I'm NOT buying fifa 21 no matter what.

Just lost all love for the game this year.. after last year this year was sorta final chance for me and its just been one mess after another.. most of my mates don't play it anymore and i haven't played WL since the second or third week of Fifa 20 and haven't played fifa since maybe Jan or Feb. The only thing im doing is SBC's with what was in my club when i stopped.. I have basically a full untradable team that has never played a game lol
  • ContraCode64
    2604 posts Fans' Favourite
    Hoopsterz wrote: »
    Since I've started playing FUT in 2010 I've never had a plan not to buy the next edition.. or splash at least 12k FP on it at the start. I'm NOT buying fifa 21 no matter what.

Just lost all love for the game this year.. after last year this year was sorta final chance for me and its just been one mess after another.. most of my mates don't play it anymore and i haven't played WL since the second or third week of Fifa 20 and haven't played fifa since maybe Jan or Feb. The only thing im doing is SBC's with what was in my club when i stopped.. I have basically a full untradable team that has never played a game lol

It's far more fun to build teams than actually use them, which is ridiculous really. I'll buy Fifa 21 because I really need a game I can easily pick up and put down, I love football and the sheer lack of alternatives means it's this. I used to stick with Fifa partly because my mates all play it, but bar one or two they'd all binned this year's installment off by Christmas anyway, so that's becoming less of a concern.

Have to laugh at OTW cards being used as an incentive to preorder the most expensive edition seeing as EA went out of their way to avoid upgrading them on numerous occasions.
  • M98H
    13755 posts Has That Special Something
    Orison wrote: »
    Is it dumb? Yes

Can you get an insane team after grinding for 2 weeks in July? Absolutely

Do I still want a good team early on and skip most of the early grind? Indeed

Pretty much this
  • Joestoe
    8684 posts League Winner
    Done with the false promises this company makes year on year. I’ll buy the game, try it for a week and if it’s the same old bs, I won’t allow myself to get frustrated over it anymore.

If I like it, I don’t mind spending some money here and there.
  • Hoopsterz
    2251 posts Fans' Favourite
    Hoopsterz wrote: »

It's far more fun to build teams than actually use them, which is ridiculous really. I'll buy Fifa 21 because I really need a game I can easily pick up and put down, I love football and the sheer lack of alternatives means it's this. I used to stick with Fifa partly because my mates all play it, but bar one or two they'd all binned this year's installment off by Christmas anyway, so that's becoming less of a concern.

Have to laugh at OTW cards being used as an incentive to preorder the most expensive edition seeing as EA went out of their way to avoid upgrading them on numerous occasions.

It really is mental how many people had binned this game off by christmas.. I can't speak for your friends but my friends dont even really play UT.. normally just stick to the occasional seasons but mostly playing VS other mates and even they don't enjoy that anymore..

Everyone i talk to about it says the same thing so it no longer appears to just be the hardcore players that are finding issues but the game seems to be losing casuals more and more now.

• Reus
    23519 posts Club Captain
    Iv bought basically every fifa since fifa 98

I will not be buying the game this year

Waste of money and more importantly a waste of time
  • chaser2k15
    14761 posts Has That Special Something
    I have deleted my card details off my console. So RTG only next year.
  • krakos000
    17685 posts World Class
    96000+ (£576+ with EA Access discount)
    @Azof LETS GOOOOOOOO
  • jpsblue
    5542 posts Big Money Move
    12000 - 24000 (£72 - £144)
    ha032742 wrote: »

I’m hoping Cyberpunk distracts me enough along with PS5 exclusives like Spiderman.

100%. As soon as Cyberpunk drops (already planning on taking the friday and monday off work, even if i'm still working from home at that time), i'm going to spend every gaming hour i have on that game until i've completed it.

however as a football addict i know im getting fifa 21 and loading up some points on launch day, however if the game is anywhere near the ❤️❤️❤️❤️ the past few iterations has been, i won't spend anywhere near the same time on the game anymore, especially with as you said, ps5 coming out and the games following that

it's a shame as the game has so much potential, and they do so many things right, but they do more harm than good right now
  • BrentfordFC
    13456 posts Has That Special Something
    Always team money no spent. Unlike @ORANGEeffect05 the snake :trollface:
  • ORANGEeffect05
    26032 posts Player of the Year
    edited August 12

I've got that Premier League budget vs your Championship budget :trollface:
  • hoban95
    56034 posts National Treasure

I've got that Premier League budget vs your Championship budget :trollface:

Hey give him some credit. They will have some money soon after selling their two best forwards. :trollface:
  • sido1968
    2046 posts Fans' Favourite
    Didn't buy 20, used 10 hours early access and the app to prep for league sbcs then played 19 until 20 hit the vault. Will do the same this year. Only regret was missing out on Kent and Morelos cards.
  • BeefyRabouter
    2957 posts Fans' Favourite
    Admittedly already loaded up 12k fp by buying cheap Brazil gift cards. So can easily start ripping packs from early access on
  • Crazy Creaky Jr
    5327 posts Big Money Move
    Admittedly already loaded up 12k fp by buying cheap Brazil gift cards. So can easily start ripping packs from early access on

explain this to me like Im 5 years old
  • Scutch
    15346 posts World Class

I think he's bought some knock off Microsoft/Xbox gift cards from Ronaldinho's niece for a bargain price, then used them to add credit to his MS account. He's then used said credit to purchase Fifa Points, which he'll transfer over to Fifa 21.
  • BeefyRabouter

I think he's bought some knock off Microsoft/Xbox gift cards from Ronaldinho's niece for a bargain price, then used them to add credit to his MS account. He's then used said credit to purchase Fifa Points, which he'll transfer over to Fifa 21.

Check and check :p g2a had like 100 Brazilian somethingsomething for 12 euros, I needed 4 of those to get 12k fp through Brazil. Was sweating a bit when I had to add an address but now I live at the Rio de Janeiro Mc Donald’s
  • Scutch
    15346 posts World Class

Check and check :p g2a had like 100 Brazilian somethingsomething for 12 euros, I needed 4 of those to get 12k fp through Brazil. Was sweating a bit when I had to add an address but now I live at the Rio de Janeiro Mc Donald’s

Do you need a lodger?
  • BeefyRabouter

Do you need a lodger?

I’ll sleep in a frying pan
  • ccooaattssyy
    12842 posts Has That Special Something
    36000 - 48000 (£216 - £288)
    48K maybe, but need a new car.
  • iSptmnky
    8098 posts League Winner
    100-12000 (0.79p - £71.99)

Just get Carzorla
  • ccooaattssyy
    12842 posts Has That Special Something
    edited August 12
    36000 - 48000 (£216 - £288)
    iSptmnky wrote: »

Just get Carzorla

OR Os-CAR CAR-dozo :trollface:
  • ORANGEeffect05
    26032 posts Player of the Year
    iSptmnky wrote: »

Just get Carzorla

OR Os-CAR CAR-dozo :trollface:

Perhaps an older Honda?
  • shadowlee
    186 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    no need to buy fifa points if you do the correct menu grinding