FIFA 21 - Fifa Points

Scutch
15410 posts World Class
edited August 5
As per every other year, what's going through your head at the moment? Waiting on further gameplay/FUT information/videos? Not spending a penny? Thinking about putting a few starter points on?

What say you?

I think we may see a lot more in the "Zero" camp this year, but be honest as of right now.

No real point arguing over it either; if someone wants to spend their own money on these, that's their decision ultimately.

FIFA 21 - Fifa Points 132 votes

0 (Zero) Not a chance I'm putting any further money into this lottery franchise.
50%
NemMikeCampinoEduRealMAshyBoabdustNornIronLeonidasJBHoopsterzShaanxzBradLegeggCadey 5maymanpeleCarswellchaser2k15ContraCode64itzPatA7XDarthGrowler 67 votes
100-12000 (0.79p - £71.99)
16%
NingRK94holdenwaitAnDrEwThEdOnRBailssFifaProDKiSptmnkyAndy99TradeZGULAGWFCBagnallSanchezzzzLackosweatDave HockadayBigBadAl696Andyh60RuttaPhil0501MassmanMazerMWELSHLAD782 22 votes
12000 - 24000 (£72 - £144)
9%
Hippyboy6hoban95coopersettdeeeyepeepeewhyBobb SercsCrazy Creaky JrBennCarlos181RicheradoGeorgeGervinjpsblueHollandman 13 votes
24000 - 36000 (£144 - £216)
9%
ha032742SmudgeJimmyVulmerOrisonSkorpio_KingMathew1606MoiizerAbsting159ROCKNROLLA JayzyFalafelmonsterPrimalBlackbird10 13 votes
36000 - 48000 (£216 - £288)
0%
ccooaattssyy 1 vote
48000 - 60000 (£288 - £360)
1%
lf2009Rb10119 2 votes
60000+ (£360+ with EA Access discount)
1%
Muzza11Wento 2 votes
96000+ (£576+ with EA Access discount)
9%
AckerLFC Simon 98CornishLadGame over man game over UpstartCaesarAzofkrakos000TMaher7MaddMike3711JeeeeezCraftydevilWarrrap 12 votes

Comments

• Crazy Creaky Jr
    5416 posts Big Money Move
    Actually went through my bank to see what I have spend past year. 360 euro incl the game it self. Want to halve my spendings next year
  • Scutch
    15410 posts World Class
    Actually went through my bank to see what I have spend past year. 360 euro incl the game it self. Want to halve my spendings next year

Mate, I was at least double that. Maybe even triple. It became an addiction - I think I actually loved opening packs more than I did playing the game (which, coincidentally, I ❤️❤️❤️❤️ hate).
  • CeeQue
    13025 posts Has That Special Something
    0 (Zero) Not a chance I'm putting any further money into this lottery franchise.
    I would rather buy weed stocks QbadP.png
  • MazerM
    137 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    12k fp at the start.
  • Shaanxz
    21784 posts Club Captain
    Never purchased Fifa points. Even though I do actuary now. Still not tempted at all
  • DutyHarry
    6048 posts Big Money Move
    Never purchased points either.
  • LFC Simon 98
    20017 posts Club Captain
    Every year I tell myself I won’t do it and then the game comes and I have 24k on first week. Then for various promos I’ll throw another 12/24k on and before you know it I’ve wasted a grand
  • Scutch
    15410 posts World Class
    Every year I tell myself I won’t do it and then the game comes and I have 24k on first week. Then for various promos I’ll throw another 12/24k on and before you know it I’ve wasted a grand

I'm in the same boat mate. Can't resist :(
  • Kennyy
    1405 posts Professional

Definitely wasted a house deposit on fifa over the years 🤮
  • WFCBagnall
    79868 posts Moderator
    Probably 12k to start with and then a tenner here and there after that.
  • LFC Simon 98
    20017 posts Club Captain
    Scutch wrote: »

It’s infuriating how bad my self control is. Had a rough look a few months ago and have overall put about £4000 into Fifa. How in the world. And nothing to show for it.

I really hope this year will be the year I wise up.
  • Maverick
    7210 posts Big Money Move

Yup this is me. For the past three years I've wasted at least a grand on each game. Tragic really.
  • Ning
    2396 posts Fans' Favourite
    WFCBagnall wrote: »
    Probably 12k to start with and then a tenner here and there after that.

So more than 12k then?

Personally will stick a 20 on at the start like I do every year and leave it
  • Campino
    29864 posts National Team Captain
    edited August 5
    One thing lockdown taught me was the value of money again and that certainly doesn’t transpire time spending it on Fifa points or betting on football

I saved £1000 in 4 months on 80% pay
  • Andy99TradeZ
    16763 posts World Class

It’s infuriating how bad my self control is. Had a rough look a few months ago and have overall put about £4000 into Fifa. How in the world. And nothing to show for it.

Tradeee
  • LFC Simon 98
    20017 posts Club Captain

Tradeee

It’s not even that I want the coins I just get so much enjoyment from packs lol. They have me hooked.

I’ve had 6mil and still put points on earlier this year
  • Scutch
    15410 posts World Class
    edited August 5

Tradeee

It’s not even that I want the coins I just get so much enjoyment from packs lol. They have me hooked.

I’ve had 6mil and still put points on earlier this year

I packed TOTY CR7 in the 89+ SBC last night. Figured I'd then put 1600 points on as well to open Gold Premium player packs.

WTF.
  • Orison
    56269 posts National Treasure
    24000 - 36000 (£144 - £216)
    Is it dumb? Yes

Can you get an insane team after grinding for 2 weeks in July? Absolutely

Do I still want a good team early on and skip most of the early grind? Indeed
  • Azof
    18212 posts World Class
    Go big or go home
  • Carlos181
    4240 posts National Call-Up
    Waiting to see if they release any new Barca icons to motivate me to even buy Fifa 21. Otherwise, I’ll just skip Fifa again.
  • Kennyy
    1405 posts Professional
    I read earlier that one of the “new features” is a cap on fifa points.
  • Kennyy
    1405 posts Professional
    Carlos181 wrote: »
    Waiting to see if they release any new Barca icons to motivate me to even buy Fifa 21. Otherwise, I’ll just skip Fifa again.

Eto’o seems likely from “leaks”
  • FrankFrank
    4108 posts National Call-Up
    Probably spend 1000$ a year until fifa 20.

Haven't bought fifa points since this tweet.

Sk-rmbillede-2020-08-05-kl-16-38-43.png

• ccooaattssyy
    13009 posts Has That Special Something
    36000 - 48000 (£216 - £288)
    GOING IN BALLS DEEP
  • Finesse_4days
    10747 posts Has That Special Something
    No point, can get a good team without and you have to spend a lot for it to actually make much difference, would rather grind more than spend money.
  • SweetJesus101
    3524 posts National Call-Up
    play this since fifa 13 and never spent amything so will be another year with 0.. its hard at the beginning because im not a goodtrader at all but its all good.. i never care that much to have millions but 100k-200k its more than enough for me , since i only build fun teams 😆

never used neymar mbappe yedders etc besides draft..and imagine , this year i did kent sbc and never used him.. he is collecting dust 🤣
  • LeonidasJB
    17269 posts World Class
    My plan next FIFA is to go WL and FP free.
    I might play WL on the odd occasion, around TOTY or TOTS. See what they do with matches/rewards.
    I know i am hoping in vain that Tourneys come back, but otherwise it will just be a little SB for Rewards to build club up and practising because i will need it.
    Rivals for obvious reasons.
    Draft when I get tokens given to me.
  • ContraCode64
    2604 posts Fans' Favourite
    Never bothered with FP and certainly won't be in 21.

Same routine as always, trade hard on the app pre release, spam Rivals and hit the WL from the outset.
  • Rb10119
    2756 posts Fans' Favourite
    48000 - 60000 (£288 - £360)
    Ngl everytime I see a good pull on the forum I end up chucking a bit of ££ on :lol:
  • jpsblue
    5552 posts Big Money Move

same. as much as i hated this game, ill probably load up 24k FP at the beginning to get a head start of sorts, but i wont buy any more FP after that. Purely because of what EA have done with their game and most importantly, communication between the comms team on twitter and us which has been ❤️❤️❤️❤️ poor all year. They remained silent for so long, got hacked, created this new fifa comms profile, and they say nothing all year until now, right now when fifa 21 is being advertised.