EA license battle against Konami "Fifa vs PES"

SBaggio59
348 posts Sunday League Hero
edited August 4
This pleasure of the underhanded war between EA and Konami begins to weigh. This year Konami wins AS Roma, following Juventus last year. EA makes sure with Inter Milan and AC Milan ... In short, how far will they go?

Even if this is not possible, the ideal would be for the two publishers to be able to play on the same ground in this area, as these losses affect the content of the game.

I'm sick of their war. If this continues, Fifa 50 will end up with the fictitious players of Fifa 94. Marc Aubanel and company ...

Comments

• Agree, NBA Live and NBA 2K both have all the teams and jerseys and stadiums (although they all look the same) so why cant Fifa and Pes do the same. Its the fans who lose out in the end.
  • Jpo41
    1823 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited August 5
    Agree, NBA Live and NBA 2K both have all the teams and jerseys and stadiums (although they all look the same) so why cant Fifa and Pes do the same. Its the fans who lose out in the end.

Because EA had no power in the NBA fight. Live was the worst game and 2K put out a game with really good gameplay. I mean EA stopped making Live for a few years. It also has to do with the NBA model its self, they didn't let EA pay to monopolize like FIFA and the NFL did.
  • emylonas
    822 posts Semi-Pro
    Exactly. The responsibility for the war lies with FIFA and the clubs. They’re the ones who decide if they want to sell to both or not.
  • Bluemoon2393
    253 posts Sunday League Hero
    The problem is these Italian clubs don't realise is the EXCLUSIVE deal is actually damaging their finances because off the restrictive brand exposure (More people playing one game compared to the other).

Serie A need to be more flexible and realise that if you share the licenses. The league will benefit from more revenue because off people playing authentic teams and leagues.

If you have to have exclusives. Then why not just have it as Stadium only.

Ligue 1 is the only big 5 League with full licenses on both games.

I sometimes don't think its the games manufacturers fault because its all down to the Clubs and Leagues FAs that have the rights for licenses and who can use them.
  • Crowsy
    31 posts Last Pick at the Park
    The problem is these Italian clubs don't realise is the EXCLUSIVE deal is actually damaging their finances because off the restrictive brand exposure (More people playing one game compared to the other).

Serie A need to be more flexible and realise that if you share the licenses. The league will benefit from more revenue because off people playing authentic teams and leagues.

I sometimes don't think its the games manufacturers fault because its all down to the Clubs and Leagues FAs that have the rights for licenses and who can use them.

I don't think it is just the leagues, I agree that having a shared licence would be great. I do think EA compound the problem by insisting on exclusive licences just to stop Konami. FIFA and UEFA don't help either.

Football is supposed to be a game of the people but the way FIFA dish out licences that are exclusive isn't in keeping with that imo.
  • Bluemoon2393
    Crowsy wrote: »

I don't think it is just the leagues, I agree that having a shared licence would be great. I do think EA compound the problem by insisting on exclusive licences just to stop Konami. FIFA and UEFA don't help either.

Football is supposed to be a game of the people but the way FIFA dish out licences that are exclusive isn't in keeping with that imo.

The FIFA and UEFA Mafia have ruined football by making it a sport for the Elite rather than go back to the traditional roots off everyday people enjoying the game for what it is. UEFA are our biggest enemy because they hate us for being different and look for excuses to get us banned for a rule they made for themselves. Yes we had lots off money over the years to spend on players like Silva and Aguero but every big team does this behaviour. No team can't compete without buying the best players as you need them to win trophies. I never forget the days when we was barely scrapping Premier League survival and enjoying beating United 4-1 with bang average players.

Anyway back to the point. Licenses should be shared so everyone cam enjoy them. If I ran a football team. I would make sure both games can have my permission to have us fully licensed with a stadium if they wanted for a reasonable price that both companies can agree.

Serie A is a mess because they are running out off money, teams not good enough anymore to test other big teams, stadiums are old and outdated and also fans behaviour at games isn't family friendly anymore (Don't get me wrong but atmosphere is important but it needs a balanced off Families enjoying day put watching the football and the hardcore fans creating the atmosphere at the other end). Serie A need to stop the exclusive rubbish and try and change their game for the better. Serie A is a good league but needs change fast.
  • I cant see this fifa being any different than any previous rendition since perhaps fifa 16? Yes, there will be plenty of micro pay options, and very few changes to career mode. Also the online Pro clubs will have comically bad cpu play so that the game play is beyond infuriating.....sound about right? I'll save my 60 dollars and buy covid 19, that sounds about as fun as fifa 21
  • Tuzzi79
    25 posts Last Pick at the Park
    FIFA should establish a ‘fee’ system in my opinion. Hear me here before bashing me :

League packages in 2 format : basic (teams, badges and kits) and complete (including rights to stadiums). Then if you don’t want all the stadium for all the clubs, you could buy for particular teams but doing so would cost a little more since anything ‘a la Carte’ cost more.

Packages obviously wouldn’t cost the same depending of the notoriety of the leagues (Elite-middle class-lower tier) and each club would have their own prices as well in case rights for them want to be obtain to be put in the game but not necessarily the league they are from.

Sounds very basic said like that but then the 2 companies would decided where they want to invest their money for the licenses based on the feedback of their paying customers, us. It would also take that spectre of license war away and we would be able to compare the 2 games for what really matters at the basis of things : gameplay and features, not because you can play Juventus in one game and not in the other.

If really that is just a dream and nothing like that is possible, then EA have to bring back Creation Center because they are behind PES big time who can address the fake teams in one simple file.

In the end, we decide the fate by buying the end product or not but even most of the hardcore fans who want to restrain from buying it cause they want to pass a message they are not satisfied end up buying it cause they need their football fix in the end.. so boycotting it wouldn’t work Either. Solution has to come from the top and that is FIFA itself.
  • Bluemoon2393
    edited August 9
    Tuzzi79 wrote: »
    FIFA should establish a ‘fee’ system in my opinion. Hear me here before bashing me :

League packages in 2 format : basic (teams, badges and kits) and complete (including rights to stadiums). Then if you don’t want all the stadium for all the clubs, you could buy for particular teams but doing so would cost a little more since anything ‘a la Carte’ cost more.

Packages obviously wouldn’t cost the same depending of the notoriety of the leagues (Elite-middle class-lower tier) and each club would have their own prices as well in case rights for them want to be obtain to be put in the game but not necessarily the league they are from.

Sounds very basic said like that but then the 2 companies would decided where they want to invest their money for the licenses based on the feedback of their paying customers, us. It would also take that spectre of license war away and we would be able to compare the 2 games for what really matters at the basis of things : gameplay and features, not because you can play Juventus in one game and not in the other.

If really that is just a dream and nothing like that is possible, then EA have to bring back Creation Center because they are behind PES big time who can address the fake teams in one simple file.

In the end, we decide the fate by buying the end product or not but even most of the hardcore fans who want to restrain from buying it cause they want to pass a message they are not satisfied end up buying it cause they need their football fix in the end.. so boycotting it wouldn’t work Either. Solution has to come from the top and that is FIFA itself.

For licenses the clubs have the real power and control. If EA or Konami want to use the clubs. They have to pay the clubs to use their brand (Badge, Kits, Players, Stadiums etc etc). The clubs might agree to use thier brands as part off the group which is their national leagues (Like Premier League).

I'm no lawyer or legal expert but I got to imagine that if EA or Konami want to use their brands. They have to pay for it. Also the other problem is the players who's Union Rep is FifaPro (I think) and both companies have to agree with them before they put their real names and likeness onto the game. Konami has some issues with players names because some national teams will not allow them to use the players names.

Where Konami are clever is they add a edit mode which allows you to add Badges, Kits and Players so you have that loophole (Suprised they never got sued for it). Konami will always have some advantage over FIFA because they are not too worried about losing some licenses. For FIFA is a huge headache because they will lose money because no one wants to play the fake teams.

To me the Exclusives deal should only be for stadiums as a stadium is not as important as the team is (Sure it makes the game more enjoyable playing at a official stadium).

Reality is some football clubs are greedy and don't care about anything else other than making money and one day it will haunt them as they will realise people will look elsewhere and spend their money.

Boycotting will never work in the modern game now because the clubs get their main income from TV and millions off people have Sky and other companies that have rights to televise the leagues. The clubs never cared about the fans and they won't change unless Sky or BT etc etc pull the plug on them and give them a reduced income.
    Post edited by Bluemoon2393 on
  • SBaggio59
    In the end and above all, it is the player who is also the loser, EA and Konami must take note of this.
  • TDOF
    3074 posts National Call-Up
    edited August 9
    according to EA italy Juve are back

YnG8TRn.png
  • Crowsy
    31 posts Last Pick at the Park
    is that true TDOF?
  • Bluemoon2393
    TDOF wrote: »

YnG8TRn.png

I doubt it would be true because Konami have them as a Exclusive club. EA would be promoting Juventus heavily if they had the license.
  • SBaggio59
    edited August 10
    TDOF wrote: »

YnG8TRn.png

:) It's a well-made joke. EA has not formalized anything.
  • SBaggio59
    A football video game without the official licenses of Juventus is like a starless night sky, it's heartbreaking.
  • pekkaa88
    6662 posts Big Money Move
    In terms of fut this doesnt really have much impact.. Didnt even remember that fut didnt have juve..