Ahm, even more nutmegs in fifa21?

Purplejacket
3846 posts National Call-Up
i just watched the trailer, i mean do they even listen to us? We complain about how tots vvd gets nutmegged etc now they even added more nutmegs.

Also just saw a stand tackle go right back to the attacker. Gl boys another long year ahead of us. And what is that r1 dribbling? Only rem cr7 ever doing that and it wasnt even ever effective he stopped using it eventually.

Comments

• Fifapayne
    4618 posts National Call-Up
    Nutmegs?
    I would enjoy nutmegs more than auto blocks
    I don’t get megged often in 20
  • Purplejacket
    3846 posts National Call-Up
    Bridge and Nutmeg Skill Moves – New ways to beat opponent in 1v1
    Bridge Skill - R1/RB then R1/RB (only forward direction)
    Directional Nutmeg - L1/LB + R1/RB + RS any direction
  • BuZuS
    1521 posts Play-Off Hero
    That sounds terrible tbh...
  • Gromit
    4865 posts Big Money Move

So like 20, a skill move is pre-coded to defeat a defender no matter what you do as a defender.

I played a guy earlier, total lemon. Had 1 shot the whole first half because he was just spamming skills going nowhere.

But he must have won about 7 free kicks that first half, all from standing tackles. Skills just bypass everything, you can't even tackle them. Its either a foul, non tackle or rolls back to them.
  • RadioShaq
    18134 posts Moderator
    Yeah looks like defense is getting nerfed.
  • AdagioMalique
    150 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    A bunch of same tricks by EA..
  • ContraCode64
    3600 posts National Call-Up
    BuZuS wrote: »
    That sounds terrible tbh...

It screams of a canned animation that will override manual player input. It will probably end up functioning like the auto lunge that popped up in 19 (or was it 18?) where if you manually cut a passing lane, your defender would arbitrarily lunge over the incoming ball to not only allow it to pass through their legs, but also stumble after stretching to take them out of the picture.
  • ChappellRovers
    3391 posts National Call-Up
    edited August 2020
    I just watched the trailer after reading this thread.

Just cancelled my pre order for Fifa 21. Cant take another football game like Fifa 20. I may as well just keep 20. 21 looks even worse. EA do realise that real football isn’t fifa street on a pitch right?
  • BuZuS
    1521 posts Play-Off Hero
    your defender would arbitrarily lunge over the incoming ball to not only allow it to pass through their legs, but also stumble after stretching to take them out of the picture.
    Ugh, one of the most infuriating things IMHO. That "stick leg out - miss ball - freeze/stumble animation"-thingy. And yeah, that's what I'm suspecting the nutmegging-thingy will be like, too. Surely some will be very good at using it, nutmegging through your defense... I'm skipping FIFA21, but I'll be really interested to check the feedback on this feature lol.
  • BadSeedsFC
    1655 posts Play-Off Hero
    Dude, you have to press LB + left stick and flex it all the way up the field. Not sure yet if you have to flex it through the wings and send a cut back. Or maybe flex it through the wind and send a cross. Or flex it through the middle, a little nutmeg there, a couple of drag backs here (for old times sake), and flex it, flex it... Flex it, flex it, flex it 🤣
  • Kobayashi
    465 posts Sunday League Hero
    Well timed Standing tackle gives me a lot of nutmegs against me now, it's a bad idea it will be laughable