1226 posts Professional
Is the packweight so low for everybody?

81+ got 81 and 83

82-88 got
82 Pedro
83 Diego Costa
83 Banega
82 Arnautovic

Out of all the 82-88 players and 81+ players in the game, I get 6 players all 83 or less? C'mon EA....

Comments

• RedRogue
    215 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    In the 82-88’s last time I got 4x82 rated goalkeepers in a row then I got an 83 rated goalkeeper so it looks just as bad as last time......
  • Boffa
    348 posts Sunday League Hero
    Yes, is absolutely horrible and pointless to continue doing them.
  • Icarium
    484 posts Sunday League Hero
    Too bad they didnt do a round of the 85-92 sbc
  • PaulDr
    1490 posts Play-Off Hero
    Lowest I've seen all year. Quite astonishing.
  • LoPo9
    1226 posts Professional
    Boffa wrote: »
    Yes, is absolutely horrible and pointless to continue doing them.

If they keep rolling out these 90+ TOTSSF SBCs only needing an 82 squad, they can have some value....
  • Gnomenclature
    5935 posts Big Money Move
    Yeah, just rinsed the club on these and best pull was 86 Muller.

Mostly 81-82.

Not sure what EAs strategy is here... I've never seen EA put out a promo without promo packs... They are building tension for something. Maybe Friday brings something interesting?
  • LoPo9
    1226 posts Professional
    Yeah, just rinsed the club on these and best pull was 86 Muller.

Mostly 81-82.

Not sure what EAs strategy is here... I've never seen EA put out a promo without promo packs... They are building tension for something. Maybe Friday brings something interesting?

I really hope so. I wish they would just release all the SBCs from the year. Quit making me gamble and let me go get an actual player.
  • Staxdoobie
    1905 posts Play-Off Hero
    I had been looking forward to upgrade packs, but pack weight is so comically low at the moment that they’re just not worth doing. Short of an act of God, we’re getting nothing out of these.
  • LoPo9
    1226 posts Professional
    Next 2 82-88=
    82 Maddison
    82 UCL Rugani
  • Blade19
    179 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Save all your cards in the hopes they do the 84+ double and 85-92 rated players again
  • Boffa
    Used up 260 rares and got 7 players rated 83+.
    And had saved up lots of packs that i opened yesterday which gave me a Onana.
    All that grinding i did was for nothing. Feels like i'm done with this game.
  • oldboiler
    3039 posts National Call-Up
    Upgrade is for 16 days
  • NinthFall
    1755 posts Fans' Favourite
    Pizzi best so faar nahhh this promo just ain't getting it started for me
  • Kobayashi
    381 posts Sunday League Hero
    Both 82s, rubbish
  • Purplejacket
    3612 posts National Call-Up
    Blade19 wrote: »
    Save all your cards in the hopes they do the 84+ double and 85-92 rated players again

Thats 16 days from now! If they drop it at all
  • Tboon
    3433 posts National Call-Up
    After 5 81+ packs, finally a good card: Tottsf Griezmann :).
  • AvalanJ
    700 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Keep in mind with ico shaft sbc available they won't hand out higher rated fodder like when these first came out.
  • SuperKMx
    2046 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited July 30
    LoPo9 wrote: »
    Is the packweight so low for everybody?

Yes.
    LoPo9 wrote: »
    Out of all the 82-88 players and 81+ players in the game, I get 6 players all 83 or less?

That's about what I would expect. Especially in the 82-88.

The only special cards available in that pack are FB Saint-Maximin, and the TOTW cards for Gignac, Hysaj, Smalling, Donnarumma, and Mount. (Plus maybe Giroud, Luiz, and Verbic MOTM - not sure if they're still in packs.)

There are only 23 other cards rated 86-88. Low odds, made lower by weighting.

TOTW prices are through the roof because of the 90+ TOTSSF SBC. So that hammers your chances of hitting one of those.

83/84/85 are elevated in price slightly because people couldn't cobble together an 82-rated squad for the 90+ TOTSSF card without buying the other 10 players as well, seemingly. So that hammers your chances of hitting one of those.

So you have extremely high odds of packing everything but those things. Which leaves you with 82s.

Even though the player is untradeable.

Because EA. How dare you expect fun?
  • oldboiler
    3039 posts National Call-Up
    Two more 81s :D
  • M1ll3nium
    76 posts Park Captain
    5x 82-88 got me 4x 82s and 88 Eriksen.

2x 81+ got me 2x 82s and 2x 81s of which one dupe untradeable i had to quicksell.

82-88 is way less expensive to compile, and with such crazy low pack weight on these best of cards 81+ doesnt seem worth the gamble this time around.
    At least with the 82-88 you get some decent fodder for the price
  • Brustring1893
    1344 posts Professional
    I did 80 81+, haven’t pulled a single special card.
  • Boffa

It's so bad that it looks like they have messed something up.
  • Brustring1893
    1344 posts Professional
    Boffa wrote: »

It's so bad that it looks like they have messed something up.

Yep it’s really weird. Was pulling a lot of nice cards during the Summer Heat promo from these upgrades. Of course the pool of players had been bigger, but this promo is so far probably one of the worst. They should have at least put the highest rated version of every card into packs. Would have made the upgrade grind worthwhile. Can’t be bothered at all with the pack weight on these though.
  • Mrhey31
    2184 posts Fans' Favourite
    Have done 30 ... none above 84 and no special cards.
  • PaulDr
    1490 posts Play-Off Hero
    They have been so so bad. I even accidentally put an all rare gold squad into a normal upgrade and got about the same.
  • Boffa
    Did some more and 82 was the highest :joy:
    My club is just about empty now. Absolute no chance that i will work to get it filled up again.
  • Gromit
    4716 posts National Call-Up
    Done 16

1 x 87
    5 x 83
    10 x 82

Safe to say, avoid, that said my club was overloaded with 75 76 rated golds plenty of silvers and bronzes so its at least stocked up on a few higher rated golds more useful for SBC than the 75s.
  • SuperKMx
    2046 posts Fans' Favourite
    M1ll3nium wrote: »
    5x 82-88 got me 4x 82s and 88 Eriksen.

2x 81+ got me 2x 82s and 2x 81s of which one dupe untradeable i had to quicksell.

82-88 is way less expensive to compile, and with such crazy low pack weight on these best of cards 81+ doesnt seem worth the gamble this time around.
    At least with the 82-88 you get some decent fodder for the price

Depends on if you consider roughly 4k worth of players (minimum) for an untradeable 82 that's worth 2k to be a decent way of generating fodder, I suppose. And take into account the amount of duplicates that make it worth even less.
  • Mobehta
    224 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited July 31
    so far I have gotten...
    IF 83 rated LB from serie
    IF Mount
    hamsik
    buffon
    areola
    boateng
    dost
    mata