Why does everyone have AMAZING teams?

Hi, so I got FIFA 20 on Origin earlier this week. I decided to go on Ultimate Team this weekend and spent some time developing a squad through the 'squad battles' single-player section (and the coins given as rewards for winning games).

After a few hours, confident that I had developed a squad (squad rating was in the 70's, mainly gold, a few silvers) that would be better than the bronze starter teams of division 10 I headed online.

I was utterly shocked at the teams I was facing. At first I put it down to the fact that I was playing qualifiers - perhaps EA put you in with random games for qualifiers and that would explain the sheer gulf in quality between my team and my opponent.

But then I was finally put in the bottom division (after quitting all of my qualifier games - what's the point in playing against a 99 rated team when mine isn't even all gold?).

In *DIVISION 10* every single game I have played I have been put against absolute *monster* teams! Neymar, Pogba, Ramos, Oblak, you name them.

And not just the rare gold version of these players, they are *all* team of the season or team of the week or some other special card. Not a single rare gold in sight. And this is for every. single. game. I have played in the bottom division.

How is this happening and why won't EA do something about it? Have I accidently been put into division 1 or something through some qualifier glitch?

Comments

• *Worth noting* (forgot to add this) I also own FIFA 16 and FIFA 17 on Origin (with several hundred hours between them both) and on neither game did I have this problem.
  • RadioShaq
    17019 posts Moderator
    A lot better rewards and so many good cards compared to older fifas. Also it’s the end of the year.
  • madmarman40
    262 posts Sunday League Hero
    full of cheat so many free coins simple
  • greif44
    4414 posts National Call-Up
    Player skill/ranking has nothing really to do with it, we just had two very long back-to-back promos for almost three months, plenty of easily obtainable end-game cards etc, let alone the fact that many people have played since release.
    End of July is not the best time to start playing FUT. You will face only teams like you described and there is not many opportunities for you to catch up.
  • BarrieBaflap
    88 posts Park Captain
    greif44 wrote: »
    Player skill/ranking has nothing really to do with it, we just had two very long back-to-back promos for almost three months, plenty of easily obtainable end-game cards etc, let alone the fact that many people have played since release.
    End of July is not the best time to start playing FUT. You will face only teams like you described and there is not many opportunities for you to catch up.

No you're right that a player's skill matters not more then ❤️❤️❤️❤️ all, which is the major problem of this game. You don't need to be good, as long as you play the meta, do the ridiciulously cheap sbs and do the ❤️❤️❤️❤️ objectives, you'll be able to compete with the others.
  • Chavez76
    7782 posts League Winner
    greif44 wrote: »

No you're right that a player's skill matters not more then ❤️❤️❤️❤️ all, which is the major problem of this game. You don't need to be good, as long as you play the meta, do the ridiciulously cheap sbs and do the ❤️❤️❤️❤️ objectives, you'll be able to compete with the others.

not... even .. close.