Fifa 21 Gameplay: Issue already discovered

Hi Guys,

I've been looking at the trailer and can already see an issue with the defensive AI. Look at the 3-4 second footage of PSG vs Athletico and look at the back heal pass made to Mbappe.

The defended is correctly in position to intercept that pass, but doesn't even move. Already this, i'm not convinced that anything has changed. The defender should be on that ball 100% of the time, again not very convincing with the gameplay.

This statement "Explode past defenders with the new Agile Dribbling system. Faster footwork gives you more control and responsiveness in one-on-one situations, and new skill moves like the bridge dribble and ball roll fake turn provide you with the means to explode past defenders.", has no relevance if the game play is trash. This is also a similiar statement they used for Fifa 20, and again delivered nothing. Guarantee you this will be patched within in a week, where bad players will be punished for bad decisions, EA will patch this within the 1st week.

This statement "In FIFA 21, key footballing moments including goalmouth scrambles, battles for possession in the midfield, and attacking duels will resolve more naturally than ever before, resulting in smoother encounters between players as they strive to reach the ball.", sounds like 50/50 battles that was introduced on Fifa 18, and we know how this turned out, the ball every single time when performing a perfect tackle went back to the opponent. Sorry not convinced with this gameplay. Just marketing BS.

What are your thoughts guys?

Comments

• shadowlee
    124 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    same, its all marketing to get the pre order cash , they do it well, but not buying in to it till game play and some evidence of so called improvements. But they prob just earned a lot of pre order cash , from people foaming at the mouth yet again:)
  • tstuber
    95 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I also fear the worst :smile:. But to be fair - the release is in October. So there is quite some time for fine tuning...
  • Dunkirk
    390 posts Sunday League Hero
    Yeah, it’s all marketing talk, but we all know what to really expect in the final product.
  • Crowsy
    22 posts Ball Boy
    If only people would not pre order then we might see a better game but I doubt that would happen.
  • Bonusb3rtie
    189 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Every game has flaws and Fifa is no different. Learn the game do what you can to exploit the flaws in your opponent and the game to try and win.

Dont expect perfection and dont hold the game up to your image of perfection. Fifa is the best football game in the world. Pes has flaws too.

Be realistic and enjoy the game, dont use flaws to excuse your defeats. Take responsibility because it's the same for both players.

The fact you are trying to spot flaws in 4 seconds a trailer shows me you wont take any of this advice which I think is a shame.
  • SBaggio59
    298 posts Sunday League Hero
    The truth is, EA games are full of bugs. The minimum requirement is that the game be quality from the start, although I can understand that there are small adjustments to be made afterwards.

Even today, EA is making updates to try and fix the bugs in Fifa 20.

Every year, it's the same thing. It is normal that many players have had enough. Especially since EA has almost the monopoly of many licenses, the gameplay must follow.

What I fear is that with the coronavirus, it will be difficult for the game to offer itself in good conditions. Indeed, already, under so-called normal conditions, it is already difficult to create a bug-free game for EA.
  • Gromit
    4716 posts National Call-Up
    edited July 26
    Gameplay flaws I could always live with, you get used to them and you can still enjoy the game. Like headers in 14, near post shots in 13 (i think).

Its the fundamental flaws like high pressure, OP moves like drag backs and nothing but competitive modes with no chance to use any team other than the strongest you can field that ruins it.

They sucked the fun out of FUT a few years ago. It needs a rethink, by all means have this competitive high reward based mode. But don't make it the sole focus of the game.

Post edited by Gromit on
  • Navraat
    3672 posts National Call-Up
    it was my first thought, please not another year of that animation where the player raises a leg and freezes for 3 seconds
  • Fifapayne
    2431 posts Fans' Favourite
    I have no problem if that was an AI controller player.
  • Dunkirk
    390 posts Sunday League Hero
    Every game has flaws and Fifa is no different. Learn the game do what you can to exploit the flaws in your opponent and the game to try and win.

Dont expect perfection and dont hold the game up to your image of perfection. Fifa is the best football game in the world. Pes has flaws too.

Be realistic and enjoy the game, dont use flaws to excuse your defeats. Take responsibility because it's the same for both players.

The fact you are trying to spot flaws in 4 seconds a trailer shows me you wont take any of this advice which I think is a shame.

I think it’s a shame that this post is nothing more than just a long version reply of “Git Gud” to the OP. 😐
  • Clemster
    833 posts Semi-Pro
    Dunkirk wrote: »

I think it’s a shame that this post is nothing more than just a long version reply of “Git Gud” to the OP. 😐

I find it tragic also that this thread had users on it that think fifa 20 is "pointless" and "broken" and have said already they won't be buying 21. Why waste your own time?
  • Gromit
    edited July 28
    Clemster wrote: »

I find it tragic also that this thread had users on it that think fifa 20 is "pointless" and "broken" and have said already they won't be buying 21. Why waste your own time?

Lol some people don't understand the point of a forum.

You do realise it is a place to suggest improvements, talk about flaws and glitches, issues etc.

Its not just about ...."wow that card is sick man" lol

If EA did make changes, make the game fun again, find a way to bring bronzes and silvers back. Then no doubt I'd buy it.

You are the tragic one here @Clemster all you do is criticise other users opinions, you must be a really great guy IRL.

My posts are about the game, nothing more nothing less, if you need to satisfy your ego trying to troll people carry on fanboy like I've said before, I've been here for years, even the 2yrs I didn't buy it.

I've been a fan of the franchise since before you were born I imagine, I want it to be good, even if its not right now.
  • Clemster
    833 posts Semi-Pro
    edited July 29
    Gromit wrote: »

You do realise it is a place to suggest improvements, talk about flaws and glitches, issues etc.

If EA did make changes, make the game fun again, find a way to bring bronzes and silvers back. Then no doubt I'd buy it.

You are the tragic one here @Clemster all you do is criticise other users opinions, you must be a really great guy IRL.

My posts are about the game, nothing more nothing less, if you need to satisfy your ego trying to troll people carry on fanboy like I've said before, I've been here for years, even the 2yrs I didn't buy it.

I've been a fan of the franchise since before you were born I imagine, I want it to be good, even if its not right now.

The irony. You slate my opinion and are then abusive towards me, whilst reminding me what a forum should be used for. You were not a fan of the franchise before I was born. Get your facts right or don't make statements you do not Know are right. It is not constructive to use a forum for users to just have a rant/tantrum.
  • Bonusb3rtie
    Gameplay flaws I could always live with, you get used to them and you can still enjoy the game. Like headers in 14, near post shots in 13 (i think).

Its the fundamental flaws like high pressure, OP moves like drag backs and nothing but competitive modes with no chance to use any team other than the strongest you can field that ruins it.

They sucked the fun out of FUT a few years ago. It needs a rethink, by all means have this competitive high reward based mode. But don't make it the sole focus of the game.

Nothing but competative modes with no chance to use anything other than the strongest team?

Seriously mate?

Seasons mode is EXACTLY what you are asking for. What chance do EA have when they give you exactly what you want, and you completely ignore it?

I've played about 900 games this year with my boyhood club Celtic. It competative but not PAY2WIN.

Damn. People crack me up.
  • Bonusb3rtie

It is not constructive to use a forum for users to just have a rant/tantrum.

This. This. THIS!!

Well said mate. Absolutely spot on.
  • JGDC74
    55 posts Park Captain
    Considering that the games get worse each year anyway, and that EA in particular have a long history of releasing buggy and unfinished games, plus the added lack of development that FIFA 21 will have had due to the pandemic, FIFA 21 will either be:

1) Exactly the same as FIFA 20 including all the bugs (Konami have already announced that PES 2021 will be just an update to 2020).
    2) An unfinished and bug-ridden mess.
    3) Both (Most likely).

I'm heavily leaning towards skipping FIFA 21 but will decide after playing the demo.
  • Clemster
    833 posts Semi-Pro

This. This. THIS!!

Kindred spirit...
  • Gromit
    edited July 29

The irony. You slate my opinion and are then abusive towards me, whilst reminding me what a forum should be used for. You were not a fan of the franchise before I was born. Get your facts right or don't make statements you do not Know are right. It is not constructive to use a forum for users to just have a rant/tantrum.

What I do, say, think is sweet FA to do with you, as I've already suggested you should concentrate on commenting about the game, not other users. Which you seem to do more than anything.

Take your own advice mate, if you don't like something then don't bother with it. Its ❤️❤️❤️❤️ tragic to see you following me all around the forum.
  • Gromit

Nothing but competative modes with no chance to use anything other than the strongest team?

Seriously mate?

Seasons mode is EXACTLY what you are asking for. What chance do EA have when they give you exactly what you want, and you completely ignore it?

I've played about 900 games this year with my boyhood club Celtic. It competative but not PAY2WIN.

Damn. People crack me up.

How is seasons what I'm not asking for?

I'm not asking to play with Notts County all day. I'm suggesting that a SMALL part of the game returns to what it was a few years ago. Where the many thousand bronze, silver and non meta gold cards can be put together and used, and used in a more balanced format.

Its great you've used your Celtic team, well done. But maybe you're a great player, or maybe you don't mind getting beaten by 94 rated teams with it. Either way, what we have had last few years is pretty nonsensical and really for EAs benefit not the end user.

Its nothing ground-breaking I'm suggesting, its what it always should have been. It makes zero sense to have 15k+ playable cards in the game that are MOSTLY not getting used other than SBC fodder and it makes zero sense to expect people to put together a 75 rated team for their pleasure only to constantly get matched versus teams that up to +20 ratings higher.
  • Clemster
    833 posts Semi-Pro
    edited July 29

This. This. THIS!!

@Gromit
  • Clemster
    833 posts Semi-Pro

The irony. You slate my opinion and are then abusive towards me, whilst reminding me what a forum should be used for. You were not a fan of the franchise bs born. Get your facts right or don't make statements you do not Know are right. It is not constructive to use a forum for users to just have a rant/tantrum.

What I do, say, think is sweet FA to do with you, as I've already suggested you should concentrate on commenting about the game, not other users. Which you seem to do more than anything.

Take your own advice mate, if you don't like something then don't bother with it. Its ❤️❤️❤️❤️ tragic to see you following me all around the forum.

Right so you do what you want and I will do what I want. Sorted.
  • Gromit
    edited July 29

This. This. THIS!!

@Gromit

Screenshot-20200729-120904-Samsung-Internet.jpg[\IMG]
  • Clemster
    833 posts Semi-Pro
    edited July 29
    Lol strange you should not include all the topic threads you have created in the screenshot. Mmmm....
  • Gromit
    Lol strange you should not include all the topic threads you have created in the screenshot. Mmmm....

I'm not here to get my belly rubbed fanboy

Some people like to be spoon fed, I'm not one of them.
  • Clemster
    833 posts Semi-Pro
    That's the thing isn't it? Don't intend to buy fifa 21, the current game is broken and pointless. Why are you here?
  • BuZuS
    1322 posts Professional
    SBaggio59 wrote: »
    The game will be filled with bugs and inconsistencies, as EA is not a sufficiently competent company.

EA does anything.
    Easy fix: don't buy the game + delete your account. You're welcome.
  • Clemster
    833 posts Semi-Pro
    BuZuS wrote: »
    The game will be filled with bugs and inconsistencies, as EA is not a sufficiently competent company.

EA does anything.

This . @Gromit
  • Gromit
    edited July 29
    @Clemster

What, and we all have to follow your rules, your way of thinking? Get a ❤️❤️❤️❤️ grip of yourself.

I didn't buy 18 or 19 at all, yet I was still on the forum, and here I am an owner of 20 with almost 3k games played and a 95 rated squad.

I'm a fan if the franchise as a whole, is that not evident by the fact I'm on a forum for the game?

Just because you don't FULLY enjoy something doesn't mean you cannot be interested or have a point of view.

Is the game perfect? No, could it be better? Yes, I've gotten enjoyment out of it. 2.9k games played. And some of it is horrendously bad, read the other posts from other users fanboy. If people just accept it as bad then maybe it will always be bad.

If you still can't grasp the above then sorry there's nothing more I can say to you. I'm not here to please you or conform to your rules. If you don't like it then jog the ❤️❤️❤️❤️ on.
  • Gromit
    BuZuS wrote: »

EA does anything.

This . @Gromit

Nope, sorry, not sorry.
This discussion has been closed.