Rules of football

Iron_works
115 posts Has Potential To Be Special
Just a heads up to anyone who might be able to pass this on to the developers. Hey know the games only been out 10 months so not had long and the rules only been in football for 5 years so no rush but a player opposition player can’t go in the box and score a goal if it hasn’t left the box yet. Hey know it’s only a football game and your not really bothered about the rules of football as long as your selling points but hopefully you can sort it out for the next Fifa cheers for reading.....embarrassing game

Comments

• Clemster
    885 posts Semi-Pro
    Chill out man.
  • Iron_works
    Clemster wrote: »
    Chill out man.

It’s calling them out on there imcompetence it goes on a long long list how can you have something so easy to implement not in the game.its rediculous and if they can’t get the simple things right how are they gonna do cope with the difficult stuff it’s pure laziness from a multi billion coMoany
  • Clemster
    885 posts Semi-Pro
    Iron_works wrote: »
    Clemster wrote: »
    Chill out man.

It’s calling them out on there imcompetence it goes on a long long list how can you have something so easy to implement not in the game.its rediculous and if they can’t get the simple things right how are they gonna do cope with the difficult stuff it’s pure laziness from a multi billion coMoany

Lots of bugs for sure
  • kraid
    5772 posts Big Money Move
    “but a player opposition player can’t go in the box and score a goal if it hasn’t left the box yet”

Huh?
  • juliuscaesar8
    1228 posts Professional
    Agreed, bugs should be fixed (I think this is talking about goal kicks). But In real life you can’t tackle a player with your hands during a corner, yet it happens EVERY SINGLE CORNER. So football is fickle. Fifa needs to fix the video game, and FIFA needs to fix the real game
  • tzinc
    3143 posts National Call-Up
    Also they aren't familiar with things like normal fouls do NOT get automatic yellow cards. And if a player fouls you at LEAST a foul should be called. They don't seem to be bothered with rules and gameplay etc because this is a card collecting sim.
  • ErikTheBlue
    120 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    They still haven't worked offside out yet after all these years (hint EA, when the ball is played, not a full second after when, quelle surprise, the player has advanced beyond the defender), so I wouldn't hold out much hope. I genuinely fear if they try to introduce their own version of VAR in 21
  • Iron_works
    kraid wrote: »
    “but a player opposition player can’t go in the box and score a goal if it hasn’t left the box yet”

Huh?
    When a goal kick is taken the opposition player can’t enter the box until the ball has left the box if he does and touches it then the kick will be retaken.that was the rule when this game come out now obviously it’s changed because defenders can now stand inside the 18 yard box on a goal kick
  • Iron_works
    They still haven't worked offside out yet after all these years (hint EA, when the ball is played, not a full second after when, quelle surprise, the player has advanced beyond the defender), so I wouldn't hold out much hope. I genuinely fear if they try to introduce their own version of VAR in 21
    I actually lost a fut champs match in the 119 minute when the opposition player was offside by at least 5 yards I couldn’t believe it when I watched the replay.
  • Iron_works
    But in the grand scheme of things it might not seem nothing major but like I said it’s just added to the list.and what hope is there in getting issues of passing and tackleing sorted out when they can’t get small things like offside right/kit clashes/and basic football rules/ this is stuff that shouldn’t even be an issue but it is because of laziness on ea’s part.
  • Fifapayne
    3116 posts National Call-Up
    You can’t run into the box on a goal kick.
  • Iron_works
    Fifapayne wrote: »
    You can’t run into the box on a goal kick.

On this game you can.thats my point.
  • Bargy611
    172 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    It’s poor that this game has never introduced the new rule of playing the goal kick to defenders in your own box.
  • BuZuS
    1518 posts Play-Off Hero
    that was the rule when this game come out now obviously it’s changed because defenders can now stand inside the 18 yard box on a goal kick
    So... you're upset that FIFA20 has the correct rules...?
  • Iron_works
    edited July 24
    BuZuS wrote: »
    that was the rule when this game come out now obviously it’s changed because defenders can now stand inside the 18 yard box on a goal kick
    So... you're upset that FIFA20 has the correct rules...?
    How has it got the correct rules?in the new rules or old the opposition player can’t enter the box until in the ball has either left the box in the old rules or the defender has touched the ball in the box but that isnt in the game.
  • Iron_works
    Bargy611 wrote: »
    It’s poor that this game has never introduced the new rule of playing the goal kick to defenders in your own box.
    Bargy611 wrote: »

I think I read last year that they said they didn’t have time to do it on 20 but should be in 21 wether it is I haven’t got a clue.