Fifa 21 New Career Mode Features

Comments

• flcinusa
    675 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Player careers still have to demand a transfer to move anywhere, and still can't be subs

Probably, I mean, player careers are treated even worse than manager careers
  • TeamExtreme17
    3743 posts National Call-Up
    edited July 2020
    flcinusa wrote: »
    Player careers still have to demand a transfer to move anywhere, and still can't be subs

Yeah i agree Player Career needs updating too, maybe with the new revamped Interactive Match SIM you can watch a game starting on the bench but then when you get subbed on you play the game from where it was on the SIM just like you can "Intervene"
  • flcinusa
    675 posts An Exciting Prospect

Yeah i agree Player Career needs updating too, maybe with the new revamped Interactive Match SIM you can watch a game starting on the bench but then when you get subbed on you play the game from where it was on the SIM just like you can "Intervene"

Would be a nice dream, but we had 3 years of The Journey that had "substitutions" and dropped you in mid-game that never transferred over to player career
  • TeamExtreme17
    edited July 2020

Would be a nice dream, but we had 3 years of The Journey that had "substitutions" and dropped you in mid-game that never transferred over to player career

I get so angry thinking of all the great things from that mode they haven't ported to Career Mode 😡
  • They had to make improvements and add more new options in Career Mode 21 than that, to make up for what happened in Career Mode 20, which was a disaster and unacceptable.

To be honest, many of us no longer trust this company after what happened, so they have to restore this confidence or we will not buy the game.
  • Cooler08
    665 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited July 2020
    There isn't much point unless they improve the AI as Career Mode revolves around playing only the CPU it's
    very important. Again, the AI has probably had very little development.

Long standing problems such as when you increase the difficulty level, the game makes your players worser with rubberband AI instead of making the CPU play better. And you don't even need to increase the difficulty level for this to happen.

And if you play in an FA Cup match and are winning 2-1 in the 90th minute, the CPU team just plays with no urgency and does diagonal ground passes in the middle of the pitch as if they don't know the match is nearing the end. In reality, when a team is losing by a goal late in a cup match, they start hitting long balls forward to create a chance, whether they're a lower league team or a top Premier league team.
  • achilbax
    14 posts Ball Boy
    On manager career : there are a few bugs that needs to be fixed ,a)Loaning a youth player to get games and improve is useless cause they never play why loan a player if you don't put him at least on the subs to throw him at least on 60th min of the match ,when selling a youth or someone youth enough AI never accepts a deal with less money but ''% from future sale'' i've been asked for a youth to sell that's ''exciting prospect''on 17th years i asked 25% with less money and other team 20% and said no ,this proposal is used only from AI to give u less money and propose % for 33yrs old player , AI thinks us brainless.Salary for the coach useless option ,i could negotiate with teams and do something with it.They should entered coaches in the transfers why not ,having a proposal from a team similar rating everywere in the world that aren't in their goals?,Youth training should be entered a high difficult training for stamina and heading accuracy also they should put acceleration on training,only emotions doesn't trained and built with maturity in real life such as composure!Training sessions should become 6.
  • achilbax
    14 posts Ball Boy
    In player career they should also activate somehow players wage to do something usefull with it and also enter proposals from AI for the player ,it would be more realistic!
  • ChrisW1991
    1287 posts Professional
    Hopefully they remove the objectives, especially the youth objectives.. Ruins it and makes certain teams unplayable when their youth objectives are high yet you only use players with star heads lol
  • Pwalie86
    1568 posts Play-Off Hero
    Some nice little additions there, and gives me hope because EA says full career reveal will be in August. Normally the features listed above would be all we get but if they're dropping off this info now surely shows they've got big things to announce.

Even if it just looks slightly better on XSX, the new changes could make it real fun to play. I just hope they've sorted out overpowered teams that went invincible. EFL Championship would have 3-4 teams on 100+ points. I BARELY scraped into playoffs with 88pts. Also seems to be every league.
  • ChrisW1991
    1287 posts Professional
    Looks as though there's a high chance football manager 21 will be on consoles this year! I'm guessing it will be next gen rather than current gen, if so purchasing that for career mode is a no brainer.. I play fm 2020 on laptop, the game is phenomenal
  • Kasa
    187 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    This list seems so basic. Nothing special. I hoped for more immersive things. Last year press conference and edit manager were great features but I hope ea has developed them more.
  • Pwalie86
    1568 posts Play-Off Hero
    Kasa wrote: »
    This list seems so basic. Nothing special. I hoped for more immersive things. Last year press conference and edit manager were great features but I hope ea has developed them more.

That's just a teaser as EA will reveal career mode features in full next week. They're saying that this year will be the biggest update ever. So expect big things next week. Normally every year I feel EA never try, but recently they did suggest that single-player across all their games in future will have more support for single-player gamers.

I'd guess next Tuesday we'll see some major changes. Career mode team are now pretty big, so they can do way much more. This coming from a hardcore career fan, you best believe there's some big changes coming.
  • Steffolovitch
    366 posts Sunday League Hero
    Pwalie86 wrote: »
    That's just a teaser as EA will reveal career mode features in full next week. They're saying that this year will be the biggest update ever. So expect big things next week. Normally every year I feel EA never try, but recently they did suggest that single-player across all their games in future will have more support for single-player gamers.

I'd guess next Tuesday we'll see some major changes. Career mode team are now pretty big, so they can do way much more. This coming from a hardcore career fan, you best believe there's some big changes coming.

I hope you're right. It's hard to trust though, since Career Mode has been neglected in recent years, and previous promises of giving it more attention have not been fulfilled. So I'll believe in the progress, once I see it.

• frankibo
    142 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I'm hopeful for the first time in a long time.
    The training overhaul is much needed and interactive sim is a nice touch.
    Few more additions and some bug fixes and we'll have a much better mode.
    Still not where it needs to be but some solid steps forward.
  • Dpm10
    1 posts Ball Boy
    Changes look good. One feature remains a frustration. Stadiums. Appreciate licencing but if I want to take a league 2 club the glory I want to be able to re choose my stadium so I'm not playing a champions league semi final in front of 5000 fans. Surely that's simple enough
  • TeamExtreme17
    Dpm10 wrote: »
    Changes look good. One feature remains a frustration. Stadiums. Appreciate licencing but if I want to take a league 2 club the glory I want to be able to re choose my stadium so I'm not playing a champions league semi final in front of 5000 fans. Surely that's simple enough

Its such an excuse, there is nothing stopping us selecting seats colour, goal nets colour etc as a MINIMUM if we can rename a stadium Elland Road..

They had this in Fifa Manager:

• ChrisW1991
    1287 posts Professional
    Hopefully soon we get a leaked video on YouTube of transfer budgets and
    initial objectives for career mode 🤞
  • Kasa
    Pwalie86 wrote: »
    Kasa wrote: »

Too be honest I wouldn’t get my hopes up but let’s see.
  • Kasa
    It’s so lazy by ea. they can’t be real if they announce simming a match is this years biggest new feature. They should put icons in career mode and more editing features
  • KG44
    4 posts Ball Boy
    My suggestion would be to change player career mode to Become a Legend that will combine Volta and Journey (one storyline though) to simulate a real experience that everyday players go through. Start from the academy like the young Chelsea players. Make us work hard to upgrade our player and earn the #10 and #9, roles of our team. As other has stated: tattoos, influence transfers, social media, interacting with fans, Player recruitment during transfer window, endorsements and match day interviews. It has be be online though to play with others and if they unlock legends status allow us to connect our player to FUT21 for at least a loan. Connect it to manager mode so we can have a Frank Lampard type of career to coaching (the more objective we complete the more influence we have on our team and the board) when we retire but you get the drift.... This can earn EA more money than Ultimate team.