Will he do it?

Selgarr
1158 posts Professional
CR7 is currently on 750 goals. If he gets to 806 goals he will overtake Josef Bican as the top goalscorer of all-time.

Since moving to Juventus he is still scoring goals although not as many as when he was at Real Madrid.

I can see him reaching 806 in about two seasons time when he will be 37 years old.

I see Messi overtaking his goals though as he is on 729 and a couple of years younger.

Comments

• abhreebhu_45
    2059 posts Fans' Favourite
    Looks doable,, but
  • Mackie17
    8565 posts League Winner
    Think Messi will run out of steam before Ronaldo. The argument on talent and skill has been overdone. But theres no doubt Ronaldo is a monster of an athlete
  • Selgarr
    1158 posts Professional
    3 more goals and CR7 will be tied on goals with Pele.
  • yosef167
    2020 posts Fans' Favourite
    i dont think messi has a chance unless he goes to lower league
    he still can go 30 goals a season no doubt but he will be over before Cr7
  • Trobos_Locos
    1501 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited November 20
    I hope CR7 make it and again prove why he is the number 1

Messi.. Considering how’s been playing all season I don’t see him playing in a top legue when he’s 37 (Not even at Barca)

Cristiano Ronaldo has made it possible using the same formula as Zlatan which is exploiting the physical capacity to maximum and considering they are physically privileged we are now watching the results.
  • Selgarr
    1158 posts Professional
    Cristiano Ronaldo is now just one goal behind Pele.
  • Selgarr
    1158 posts Professional
    Cristiano Ronaldo is now tied with Pele.
  • Selgarr
    1158 posts Professional
    If Cristiano Ronaldo scores tonight he will go ahead of Pele for goals scored.
  • EekAlaska
    2340 posts Fans' Favourite
    Didn't pele claim many of his goals weren't counted?
  • erdhfdsjh
    682 posts An Exciting Prospect
    EekAlaska wrote: »
    Didn't pele claim many of his goals weren't counted?

Like goals in training or unofficial apps, or something else?
  • Selgarr
    1158 posts Professional
    Pele has the Guinness World Records for scoring 1,279 goals in 1,363 matches. However a lot of those goals were in friendly matches. For official matches he has scored 767 goals in 834 matches.

This page is a list of the top goalscorers:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_footballers_with_500_or_more_goals

However, on the tv last night I heard a guy say that Cristiano Ronaldo has now scored 750 goals for club and country, so I am assuming that for the total he was not including the 18 goals that he scored for Portugal U15, Portugal U17, Portugal U20, Portugal U21 and Portugal U23.
  • Selgarr
    1158 posts Professional
    Cristiano did score last night so he has now overtaken Pele.