New Fight Night Champion 2

Comments

• Colt_seevers
    1412 posts Professional
    Far as I know, the fighters in the ufc are pretty much employees, boxing is different though. Ea would probably need to negotiate mostly with individual fighters and their many stables to buy the license or likeness of the fighters.
  • Colt_seevers
    1412 posts Professional
    Gazmac_868 wrote: »
    C94_ wrote: »
    Boxning is better sport than MMA "UFC" i think ;)@Gazmac_868

UFC is bigger and more popular than boxing and I say that as a hardcore boxing fan. Average sports fan would struggle to name ten boxers

Wouldn’t be too sure about that mate. Probably varies between countries
  • C94_
    203 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Its the first time i hear lincenses or what you guys mean for this game
  • Arron xox
    3587 posts National Call-Up
    Its the first time i hear lincenses or what you guys mean for this game

Every sports game needs a license for the players or fighters or whatever sport it is
  • C94_
    A license from the players ?
  • Arron xox
    3587 posts National Call-Up
    A license from the players ?

Yes so they can use the players names in the game
  • Seandimes
    2996 posts National Call-Up
    MonTheGers wrote: »
    i'd be happy using tyson furry or tony josh i just want a boxing game i don't care about licenses at this point it's been far, far too long without a decent boxing game.

They are both in the new ufc game. Makes a fight night any time soon even less likely
  • C94_
    @Arron xox okay but is much more players in ufc than boxing so why is it expensive for EA to do fihht night champion than than ufc
  • C94_
    edited July 17
    Yes but ufc is leg and hands and boxing its just hands ;)@Seandimes
  • Gazmac_868
    250 posts Sunday League Hero

UFC is bigger and more popular than boxing and I say that as a hardcore boxing fan. Average sports fan would struggle to name ten boxers

UFC is getting bigger and bigger while boxing is on the decline unfortunately. Self inflicted as well ruined by greed bit like FUT really.
  • Gazmac_868
    @Arron xox okay but is much more players in ufc than boxing so why is it expensive for EA to do fihht night champion than than ufc

They have to negotiate with each fighter or fighters estate. Some of these guys ask for crazy money. It’s the same for Fifa Croatia aren’t in the game because they wanted mad money for the licensing rights. With the ufc they are all part of that organisation so EA only have to negotiate with the organisation not individual fighters.
  • C94_
    edited July 17
    Aha okay but it would be great to see a new fight night champion game btw
  • Colt_seevers
    1412 posts Professional

UFC is getting bigger and bigger while boxing is on the decline unfortunately. Self inflicted as well ruined by greed bit like FUT really.

You’re right there. It’s always been the most corrupt sport throughout its history. It’s biggest problem is and has been for years that it has no one governing body. In my book it’ll always be a much more skilful and, for the best part, more entertaining sport than mma though
  • Gazmac_868

You’re right there. It’s always been the most corrupt sport throughout its history. It’s biggest problem is and has been for years that it has no one governing body. In my book it’ll always be a much more skilful and, for the best part, more entertaining sport than mma though

Yep your right far more skilled MMA is just two fellas rolling around the ground on top of each other. Never seen the appeal myself but plenty of people seem to enjoy it.