Pro player plays friendlies?

URBirdman
1497 posts Play-Off Hero
edited July 2020
I had ~15 minutes before a work meeting today so I started an online friendlies (because if it goes longer than 15 minutes, I can quit without losing anything in friendlies but not in squad battles). Then I faced a guy with this team: https://imgur.com/o5z7f93

Gullit, Eusebio, Cruyff are all PIM version. Ronaldo is 94. And this guy played extremely well, skill moves after skill moves in critical area, much much better than any opponent I have ever seen in weekend league (I only play to 11 wins or 14 wins). But fortunately the connection for me was very good, probably it was on the Portland server as I am in California.

So I went all in and hoping I wouldn't lose too badly. And I actually won the game (he quit at minute 90):
https://imgur.com/jP18qE1
https://imgur.com/Dy4s1cx

Because I was very interested in his great squad, I went messaging him and asked if he had any trading tips, then I saw this on his Xbox profile page: https://imgur.com/0CTsEdy

I was extremely surprised so I googled his name and found this page: https://fifa-esports.gamepedia.com/MaXe_vip

What was going on here? Why a pro player plays online friendlies? Did he just played with single hand or some random person just borrowed his account? I mean I started having trouble in weekend league immediately after reaching +10 matchmaking form, and a top 100 player can smash me for sure... Maybe I was having connection advantage?

Comments

  • NucksNation
    4091 posts National Call-Up
    A lot if people use it to test out formations, tactics, players, work rates so one would eventually face a pro at some point.. sometimes game play is better than rivals so easier to check those mentioned items
  • URBirdman
    1497 posts Play-Off Hero
    A lot if people use it to test out formations, tactics, players, work rates so one would eventually face a pro at some point.. sometimes game play is better than rivals so easier to check those mentioned items

    Yeah, that's what I felt. The connection in that game for me was miles better than what I got in weekend league. I don't usually play friendlies so I don't know if it's normal to have better connection in friendlies. If so, I would definitely want to play more friendlies in the future - it's just so enjoyable to play under good connection and no connection disadvantage. Maybe I was having connection advantage in the game so it favored me.
  • YidArmy
    1663 posts Play-Off Hero
    URBirdman wrote: »
    A lot if people use it to test out formations, tactics, players, work rates so one would eventually face a pro at some point.. sometimes game play is better than rivals so easier to check those mentioned items

    Yeah, that's what I felt. The connection in that game for me was miles better than what I got in weekend league. I don't usually play friendlies so I don't know if it's normal to have better connection in friendlies. If so, I would definitely want to play more friendlies in the future - it's just so enjoyable to play under good connection and no connection disadvantage. Maybe I was having connection advantage in the game so it favored me.

    Aren't friendlies played on Peer to Peer rather than the servers? Pretty sure that's the case.

    In that instance you are using a combination of your Internet connection and your opponents Internet connection, rather than the servers. This is how it is for Online Seasons too.
  • URBirdman
    1497 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited July 2020
    YidArmy wrote: »
    URBirdman wrote: »
    A lot if people use it to test out formations, tactics, players, work rates so one would eventually face a pro at some point.. sometimes game play is better than rivals so easier to check those mentioned items

    Yeah, that's what I felt. The connection in that game for me was miles better than what I got in weekend league. I don't usually play friendlies so I don't know if it's normal to have better connection in friendlies. If so, I would definitely want to play more friendlies in the future - it's just so enjoyable to play under good connection and no connection disadvantage. Maybe I was having connection advantage in the game so it favored me.

    Aren't friendlies played on Peer to Peer rather than the servers? Pretty sure that's the case.

    In that instance you are using a combination of your Internet connection and your opponents Internet connection, rather than the servers. This is how it is for Online Seasons too.

    Online friendlies in FUT is through dedicated server. But friendlies against your own invited friends in FUT is peer-to-peer

    https://www.ea.com/games/fifa/fifa-20/news/pitch-notes-fifa20-game-data-center

    I was playing online friendlies, so it was through dedicated server.
  • YidArmy
    1663 posts Play-Off Hero
    URBirdman wrote: »
    YidArmy wrote: »
    URBirdman wrote: »
    A lot if people use it to test out formations, tactics, players, work rates so one would eventually face a pro at some point.. sometimes game play is better than rivals so easier to check those mentioned items

    Yeah, that's what I felt. The connection in that game for me was miles better than what I got in weekend league. I don't usually play friendlies so I don't know if it's normal to have better connection in friendlies. If so, I would definitely want to play more friendlies in the future - it's just so enjoyable to play under good connection and no connection disadvantage. Maybe I was having connection advantage in the game so it favored me.

    Aren't friendlies played on Peer to Peer rather than the servers? Pretty sure that's the case.

    In that instance you are using a combination of your Internet connection and your opponents Internet connection, rather than the servers. This is how it is for Online Seasons too.

    Online friendlies in FUT is through dedicated server. But friendlies against your own invited friends in FUT is peer-to-peer

    https://www.ea.com/games/fifa/fifa-20/news/pitch-notes-fifa20-game-data-center

    I was playing online friendlies, so it was through dedicated server.

    Ahh okay, my bad. Have you ever tried doing a full weekend league before? I know you always say you won't as its too many games, but surely you must be curious to see if you could get Elite 1 or top 100? If I could get 11 - 0 every week with ease I'd at least try once just to see how far I could go. Do you play on Xbox or PS4 btw?
  • URBirdman
    1497 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited July 2020
    YidArmy wrote: »
    URBirdman wrote: »
    YidArmy wrote: »
    URBirdman wrote: »
    A lot if people use it to test out formations, tactics, players, work rates so one would eventually face a pro at some point.. sometimes game play is better than rivals so easier to check those mentioned items

    Yeah, that's what I felt. The connection in that game for me was miles better than what I got in weekend league. I don't usually play friendlies so I don't know if it's normal to have better connection in friendlies. If so, I would definitely want to play more friendlies in the future - it's just so enjoyable to play under good connection and no connection disadvantage. Maybe I was having connection advantage in the game so it favored me.

    Aren't friendlies played on Peer to Peer rather than the servers? Pretty sure that's the case.

    In that instance you are using a combination of your Internet connection and your opponents Internet connection, rather than the servers. This is how it is for Online Seasons too.

    Online friendlies in FUT is through dedicated server. But friendlies against your own invited friends in FUT is peer-to-peer

    https://www.ea.com/games/fifa/fifa-20/news/pitch-notes-fifa20-game-data-center

    I was playing online friendlies, so it was through dedicated server.

    Ahh okay, my bad. Have you ever tried doing a full weekend league before? I know you always say you won't as its too many games, but surely you must be curious to see if you could get Elite 1 or top 100? If I could get 11 - 0 every week with ease I'd at least try once just to see how far I could go. Do you play on Xbox or PS4 btw?

    During TOTS, I play to 14 wins and usually with 3-4 loses. In one particular week, the PL TOTS week, I played to 17 wins, and it took me 24 games... And after TOTS, I play to 11 wins, with 0 or 1 loses. So I mean, I honestly start having trouble after reaching +10 form (last weekend I got 11-0 but the last win was a 118 minute goal...). If I play all the 30 games, maybe I can get gold 1?

    I play on Xbox
Sign In or Register to comment.