Why SEASONS is INFINITELY better than FUT

Bonusb3rtie
189 posts Has Potential To Be Special
edited July 11
Ok maybe I am preching to the converted as we have already surely woken up to this incontrovertible fact. But there are a TON of reasons why Seasons HANDS DOWN beats the much more popular, and much more INFERIOR, FUT mode.

One reasons is that you get to play with the actual CLUB that you love, and probably have always loved as a kid.

That's huge and SO much better than FUT when you get drawn against "I HATE UR MOM FC" and other such boring infantile "clubs." Think about that for a second. Getting drawn against your actual real life rival versus some kids crappy club that he made. No contest.

My club is Celtic and it is an absolute JOY to play the myriad of teams at our level. There is so much variety and its really nice, when after you finish playing, say, FC Cluj, and you see that they are Romanian, that they are a true fan of the club and not just gloryhunters who have tagged onto someone like Man City and their billionaire players chosen at random from the phonebook to be succesful by some Saudi Prince. And when I see the opening pitch animation and see that I have drawn Rangers, well, it just gets the blood pumping and it means even more. The victories are even sweeter and, yes the defeats are hell. THAT. IS. FOOTBALL.

THIS is why Seasons mode is awesome for people not obsessed with winning at all costs ie FUT ie PAY2WIN ie real life clubs like Man City, where success is not based on skill but by how deep your pockets are.

I truly think Seasons should go even further and make Seasons teams all rated the same so that ALL FANS of ALL CLUBS could find a game with their boyhood (girlhood?) heroes, from Burton Albion to Barcelona! That would be TRULY awesome.

Of course there are MANY more reasons why Seasons is infinitely better than FUT.

PS I apologise to true Man City fans who have always supported them. I dislike very much what City have become but I totally respect true fans who have zero control over this. I just use them as an example but it could apply to many more clubs.

Comments

• CosmicFuzz
    839 posts Semi-Pro
    Seasons could be the best online mode in the game as the gameplay is much better than FUT which has all the ridiculous boosts. However Seasons feels like it's been left in just because EA feels it needs to. There has been no improvement to Seasons for years instead all the effort goes into FUT as it's the cash cow for EA.
  • YidArmy
    454 posts Sunday League Hero
    As someone that has always been exclusively Online Seasons but got playing FUT during lockdown I can give a good opnion on this.

First off, I much prefer Online Seasons. The ability to just switch on and play is perfect. I like mixing things up and using as many different teams as I can. On FUT its all geared towards boosting players up to 99 and its just creates a crazy Fifa on steroids.

Seasons is basically abandoned by EA, they literally don't do anything with it anymore.

With lockdown and being on furlough I had more time to play and thought I'd give FUT a try. I like competition and challenging myself and just find sometimes with Seasons it can get a bit boring just playing for the Title evey 10 games. There's so much potential in Seasons, its just EA have abandoned it.

For example, in FUT they have weekend league, which is 30 games over the weekend. I've competed in that quite a bit and the level of competition is very high and each game has something riding on it.

The team building on FUT is not what I like, its the competition. I just wish there were a few tournaments held on seasons or something where you have to qualify to enter and then its the best of the best going against each other in a cup or something. Just something to liven things up a bit.

With getting back to work now I'm back playing a bit of seasons and FUT together. The change in gameplay between the two is amazing.
  • Bonusb3rtie
    edited July 13
    1. Play as your boyhood club
    2. The ability to pick up and play
    3. Based on skill not PAY2WIN

Another one is IT FEELS LIKE REAL FOOTBALL. Last game of the Season and you need a draw to avoid relegation? NERVES!!

Or, the title is in your grasp if you get three points in the last game. You are 1 nil up with 20 minutes to go with 1 sub left. Do you bring a cdm on to shore up the back or bring on your fresh striker to push for a 2nd and make it safe? DECISIONS!

I'm not even sure what the points sytem is for FUT but someone can tell me. But its not 3 points for a win is it? No.

Then it's not football then.
    Post edited by Bonusb3rtie on
  • JustmeSD
    1 posts Ball Boy
    edited July 14
    Totally AGREE!

But the reasons are more than that.

During the lockdown, I've also started FUT. In a few weeks, I've managed to build a really good team.
    After all this time, I feel that FUT is the worst game mode ever, among all the games I've ever played. And I've played a few. All kinds of games.

Here's why Seasons is far superior to FUT:

1. In seasons you get a peer to peer connection. Therefore, there is no server lag like in FUT. In fut, no matter how good you are, there are days after days after days when server lag interferes, and your 94 OVR Team moves like a 75 OVR or lower. All passes are wrong, all shots hit the post(best case scenario). Players continue to complain about this, spoke with many. Still, EA will explain to you that most likely you have a bad internet
    connection( if 300mb/s is a bad connection, or even 1000 like in Romania).

2. Skill is not a factor in FUT. It doesn't matter how good or bad you are. When I had 82 ovr team I was getting matched up with 91 OVR teams at least. Also, it happens many times that my 94 team meets 80 ovr teams or even lower. Fair? Getting matched up like that according to what criteria?
    I've also been matched up with teams much stronger than mine, like Messi99 and Mbape98 and Neymar98 plus Van Dijk99, and I've one easily. In seasons, you only meet players from DIV1, if you are in DIV1. You have the skill, you stay there, otherwise go back in 2.

3. In Seasons you don't meet players that spent a couple of hundreds on their team while you played many hours and you're still extremely far from his team. And you can clearly see that he, as a player is far from being a good one, still Pele+Ronaldo+Petit+R.Carlos rarely misses on their mission. And somehow, your Ramos is not attacked by anyone, has the ball to feet and simply drops down, or bumps into Lenglet losing the ball that ends up to Ronaldo.

Fun in Seasons: Plenty
    Fun in FUT: rarely the game is fair. And I'm not referring to what team the other player has, I'm strictly referring to the huge server lag, and disconnections from the server in FUT for 6 games in a row, while you were leading your opponent (in all of those games). It's faster to find a needle in a haystack than finding fun in FUT. When I get beaten by a player who's better than me, that's ok. He was better. Many times I ask really good players to have few friendlies, as the game is awesome playing against them. But when I get beaten just because my team seems to be formed of snails and turtles (FUT mode), I do get frustrated.

4. If you want to build a good competitive team, you will have to spend a lot of time into the game. And it's not worthing the effort. Not the case for Seasons.

This is a personal opinion which can be the same or different from others, and also, I really doubt that I will ever play this game mode if I will ever purchase future FIFA titles. And so far i play FIFA since FIFA 2000.

If I think about it, Seasons is so superior to FUT that it doesn't even worth comparing them. Even at their actual status, because it seems EA didn't bother anymore to improve Seasons at all.

What do I recommend to you? Play whatever game mode you feel it makes you have fun. Play whatever game mode you wish as long as it doesn't make you think never to buy FIFA again.
    Post edited by JustmeSD on
  • danielallen1410
    63 posts Park Captain
    I played seasons for the first time I’m ages today

I was in division two when I last played, got relegated today.

I played six games and had lag all the way through each one, far worse than anything I’ve experienced in ultimate team, I also came across players far more toxic than anything I’ve seen in ultimate team.

I won’t be playing again after that.
  • Bonusb3rtie
    edited August 4
    I played seasons for the first time I’m ages today

I was in division two when I last played, got relegated today.

I played six games and had lag all the way through each one, far worse than anything I’ve experienced in ultimate team, I also came across players far more toxic than anything I’ve seen in ultimate team.

I won’t be playing again after that.

Totally mad post but cool 😀

Maybe you dont know that the connection is peer to peer on Seasons so is totally considered much better othan FUT. Do you READ the forum where they complain of lag all day on FUT due to servers and they wish they had peer to peer like Seasons? Probably not.

Seasons has a more toxic community than FUT? Haha. Ok mate 👍

It sound like you got beat, cant take it, and are having a vent. Thats cool and all.

But the points you make are certainly not bettered by playing FUT. Factually.

But, yes, go and play FUT where it has lag issues, a toxic community AND is PAY2WIN. Great choice 👌

Edit: just checked you other posts. Literally venting all over the place about lag on fut, players who play the wrong way against you, how the game cheats you and makes your players slower 🤣🤣🤣

You can reply to this post all you want mate. Throw a wee strop, insult me etc but I can tell you right now I have already wasted my time typing this to you and I dont want to waste one more second dealing with it.

What is UP with people like you mate? Negative, negative, negative, bitter, resentful people. Do you actuslly just hate life? Man, totally bonkers!
  • Finally people are realizing this. good job guys. all reasons stated of why seasons is better are what I always thought.
  • Nervous_Nick
    6357 posts Big Money Move
    I quit fut almost 2 months ago...i haven’t played seasons in years, but i’ll probably give it a try tonight...i’m sick to death of fut
  • Nervous_Nick
    6357 posts Big Money Move
    I played a few games in seasons yesterday.
    It was fun!
    - no input delay / players stuck in mud
    - slow players are very usable, Chiellini is a monster (but nobody uses him in fut)
    - skill gap! The better player wins, totally different from fut
    - you play for fun when you feel like...you’re not forced to play all the time because you’re afraid to miss rewards or objectives
  • @Nervous_Nick the better player wins in seasons ?????? You clearly haven't been in one of those games you batter a player with a far better record and his keeper save absolutely everything or your strikers miss open nets 3 times in a game then your defenders randomly pass to the opposing player in the 85th minute even though you were aiming in a different direction and the opponent runs though and scores with their single shot on target ......yeah course the better player wins ..... errrrrrrr no !
  • Bonusb3rtie
    edited August 9
    @Nervous_Nick the better player wins in seasons ?????? You clearly haven't been in one of those games you batter a player with a far better record and his keeper save absolutely everything or your strikers miss open nets 3 times in a game then your defenders randomly pass to the opposing player in the 85th minute even though you were aiming in a different direction and the opponent runs though and scores with their single shot on target ......yeah course the better player wins ..... errrrrrrr no !

For your health, you need to step back from this game. No game should cause this level of frustration imo.

It's a game based on football. The better team mostly wins at football but sometimes the better team doesn't. Its the same with Fifa. You shouldn't need told this.

If you cant live with the sometimes frustrating nature of both, you're involved in the wrong sport.
    Post edited by Bonusb3rtie on