3888 posts National Call-Up
    Retro1989 wrote: »
    Well my Vtech Laptop will kick the Xbox butt
    51QUTSLVczL._SX355_.jpg

Wow, mad memories.
  • Knowlesdinho
    14802 posts World Class
    Ishibum wrote: »
    Do the kids still have these arguments? Mega drive is better than Snes, Amiga is better than Commodore, etc

Plot twist... Amiga is commodore. 🤔
  • Mackie17
    8565 posts League Winner
    Dreamcast>
  • Scu11duggery
    1282 posts Professional
    ironawin1 wrote: »
    And pc kicking both

Legacy edition for the 'master race'
  • TTGM
    666 posts Semi-Pro
    No chance
  • Ishibum
    15305 posts World Class
    Do the kids still have these arguments? Mega drive is better than Snes, Amiga is better than Commodore, etc

Was a joke for the oldies. Now, I'll go back to playing my Lotus Turbo Challenge while attracting all the women.
  • Zalisis
    580 posts An Exciting Prospect
    If the only games you know are COD and FIFA, sure, XBox is better.

If you want to play top quality exclusives, there's really no argument - I can literally name 10 exclusive PS4 games better than anything the Xbox can offer.
  • TheTataGuy
    Zalisis wrote: »

If you want to play top quality exclusives, there's really no argument - I can literally name 10 exclusive PS4 games better than anything the Xbox can offer.

Microsoft are buying Warner Bros and rumours are they're buying another big game studio after that. Microsoft are going all in next gen. I am definitely getting a series x day one.
  • Knowlesdinho
    14802 posts World Class

Was a joke for the oldies. Now, I'll go back to playing my Lotus Turbo Challenge while attracting all the women.

Treasure Island Dizzy ftw.
  • TheTataGuy

From what age are you considered an oldy
  • Ishibum
    15305 posts World Class

Treasure Island Dizzy ftw.

James Pond 2: Robocod >
  • Zeke1216
    2259 posts Fans' Favourite
    PS4 way better than Xbox but ima get both lol
  • TheTataGuy
    Zeke1216 wrote: »
    PS4 way better than Xbox but ima get both lol

Nah, at the start and the first couple of years. Yeah, I've also got both, and I heavily prefer Xbox. It's just that Microsoft killed the Xbox one by making it about television and not games. But Microsoft is getting all the big guns next gen, plus the are way more wealthy then Sony..
  • Knowlesdinho
    14802 posts World Class
    TheTataGuy wrote: »

Mid 30s probably.
  • TheTataGuy

Mid 30s probably.

Ooooooo, still got some time left then.
  • Zalisis
    580 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Zalisis wrote: »

Microsoft are buying Warner Bros and rumours are they're buying another big game studio after that. Microsoft are going all in next gen. I am definitely getting a series x day one.

I'm open minded, and no fan boy to any extent. If Microsoft can pull it off and back it up with a string of triple A quality exclusive games, fair play to them, I'd reconsider.

But for the last decade, this contest has been embarrassingly one sided. Microsoft are the ones that need to change people's minds here, and prove they can compete with Sony and Naughty Dog's best games. There's a reason PS4 outsold Xbox 2-1 in the last generation in the UK, they're the ones playing catch up right now.
  • Gromit
    4865 posts Big Money Move
    Well after 95 votes 55% of people on here said they play playstation over 33% Xbox

I imagine the trend will continue....
  • ILevis
    1331 posts Professional
    I would love to see some more competition next console generation, especially as Sony really isnt as consumer friendly as microsoft.

But im still sceptical. As it stands, the only reason to buy a console are exclusives. And Xbox exclusives have been lacking severely lacking last generation, Halo/Gears are pretty much dead franchises. Forza is great, but still a racing game and not everybody is interested in those. Meanwhile Sony put out one banger after another like Horizon, Uncharted, Last of Us, God of War, Bloodborne, Persona, Spider Man.

And that is not even considering that you can just play all Xbox exclusives on PC anyways, while that unfortunately isnt the case for playstation games. Its nice of microsoft to do that, but im afraid it doesnt really help their console sales.

But buying consoles day one is giga stupid anyways imo. Launch games have historically always been subpar for each console generation. And so far it doesnt look like a single launch game for the next gen consoles will be that great either. FIFA will be the same as on current gen aswell, just in 4k. Better to just wait a year and make an informed decision instead of spening 500 bucks on a hype machine you know nothing about
  • HyperOCD
    1706 posts Play-Off Hero
    Call me when Xbox will have games like uncharted, horizon, Spiderman, God of War and last us buddy
  • IxToMxI
    7612 posts League Winner
    PS4 way better, Microsoft do not put anywhere near the investment into their console games as they do their end user compute.

Even some of their main products seem to be catching up with them.

• Tesco
    7858 posts League Winner

Lotus turbo Challenge had such good music

Still go back and listen every now and then
  • Th3DirtyPriest
    1018 posts Professional
    I think price is also a massive factor in the ps4 and xboxone battle. Make both consoles the same price and release date and it will be even. 40-40-20 with switch being 20
  • SomeNextGuy
    4785 posts Big Money Move
    edited July 2020
    If for whatever reason all my mates decided to get a PlayStation, I'd get one too. That's how loyal I am to Xbox, I find is so strange how people are actually fanboys of a games console.

Aside from the Xbox controller that I'm just so used to now, and is definitely superior to the PS controller, a console is a console, they'll both do more or less the same job.
  • CeeQue
    13728 posts Has That Special Something
    I think price is also a massive factor in the ps4 and xboxone battle. Make both consoles the same price and release date and it will be even. 40-40-20 with switch being 20

Uh no PS4 has outsold Xbox by a mere 50 millions consoles world wide.
  • Nodge86
    3527 posts National Call-Up
    Mackie17 wrote: »
    Dreamcast>

Not since shenmue was released on ps
  • Moe_86
    1673 posts Play-Off Hero
    Demon Soul it’s enough to convince me buying PS5