Renato Sanches at Striker?

cdbuck26
3912 posts National Call-Up
I need a Portuguese striker for <400k right now, and I know he is a fantastic CM, but Renato Sanches looks like he could be incredible in any position.

If I applied a hunter or deadeye, could he be better than Joao Felix or CR7 or Bruno?

Comments

• Mackie17
    8565 posts League Winner
    Just no 😂

• cdbuck26
    Mackie17 wrote: »
    Just no 😂

Why not? What stat holds him back? Especially with a deadeye- not trying to say you're wrong and I'm not trying to say it's a normal idea but what wouldn't make it work?
  • Zambo9
    6146 posts Big Money Move
    Are you out of your mind
  • yosef167
    3437 posts National Call-Up
    look he have great shots
    great passes
    movement and he can dribble but just cant this his positioning or movement will help or physicality
    he is great Box To Box and a player i loved to use and stil using but no he isnts a striker
  • Izzy2K17
    13649 posts Has That Special Something
    What’s the team? You could just start him off at ST and swap him ingame, he has too much of a defensive presence too to be wasted at ST imo
  • Zambo9
    6146 posts Big Money Move
    Just to give you a hint, I’m playing him CM and he misses a lot when in front of goal. In most cases juiced shooting stats mean nothing in those pumped cards 7b41efdb30dd9a9e052f6ce274545eae.jpg
  • JohnDoe
    12175 posts Has That Special Something
    Zambo9 wrote: »
    Just to give you a hint, I’m playing him CM and he misses a lot when in front of goal. In most cases juiced shooting stats mean nothing in those pumped cards 7b41efdb30dd9a9e052f6ce274545eae.jpg

What juiced stats lol

Dude has 85 finishing, 83 composure and no traits, he’s not gonna be a good finisher
  • Giggs11
    566 posts An Exciting Prospect
    My renato has 50 goals from 300 games playing cdm/cm.

I’m sure he would do a job at striker but wouldn’t want him as my striker when there are so many affordable and great strikers/attackers in the game now.
  • DannySTFC
    8274 posts League Winner
    Put it this way, I’d be pretty happy to be up against someone using Renato at ST. Try and think about it from your opponents point of view, would you be scared of facing a ST Renato? Probably not.
  • Swanz05
    5533 posts Big Money Move
    lmao at Sanches at striker. Problem is the guy who he's usually partnered with. If they've run out of coins because they've splurged on CR7 they'd be much better off with Lautaro.
  • gregsii
    1308 posts Professional
    Just stick Maguire up top while you're there.
    Just keep crossing the ball, you'll score 50 headers a game
  • Zalisis
    586 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Give him a go, with shooting chem he has the stats needed. I've played unorthodox players up front and some have performed very well.

I played against a guy who had Goretzka yesterday and he caused me more problems than any striker has in a while.
  • cdbuck26
    For perspective, I play in a 4321 and am using 94 Bernardo Silva RW who already has a green link with 95 KDB, and then 92 Nani on the left needs a weak link to stay on full chem.

So what would work easily and perfectly is a Portuguese striker
  • Izzy2K17
    Who else is in midfield
  • cdbuck26
    Izzy2K17 wrote: »
    Who else is in midfield

midfield is a bit weak- deco for links in the center and because I had him lying around in the club, Kolarov shapeshifters on the LCM (I know he might look awful to some but he's been one of my favorite players all year, might be looking to replace him if I were to use somebody worth using)
  • Izzy2K17
    edited July 2020
    I’d say your best bet is CR7, or even Bruno Fernandes, or Aguero
  • cdbuck26
    I’d say your best bet is CR7, or even Bruno Fernandes

Joao Felix not a viable option? Actually really liked CR7 earlier when I used him though
  • Clancy
    8484 posts League Winner
    cdbuck26 wrote: »
    Who else is in midfield

midfield is a bit weak- deco for links in the center and because I had him lying around in the club, Kolarov shapeshifters on the LCM (I know he might look awful to some but he's been one of my favorite players all year, might be looking to replace him if I were to use somebody worth using)

Use Renato a LCM and get a real striker. 8 chem is fine, you won't even notice in most cases
  • cdbuck26
    Clancy wrote: »
    Who else is in midfield

Use Renato a LCM and get a real striker. 8 chem is fine, you won't even notice in most cases

The budget is now around 600k after realizing I had several high rated players sitting in the club- still not sure that I could fit in Sanches, as I'd need a serie A CM to replace Kolarov. Was thinking Nainggolan? It would leave me 300k for just about any striker at that point on 8 chem, Portuguese, MLS, or Premier League
  • Izzy2K17
    Clancy wrote: »
    Who else is in midfield

The budget is now around 600k after realizing I had several high rated players sitting in the club- still not sure that I could fit in Sanches, as I'd need a serie A CM to replace Kolarov. Was thinking Nainggolan? It would leave me 300k for just about any striker at that point on 8 chem, Portuguese, MLS, or Premier League

Get Nain and tots Martinez or Scream Aguero imo