Don't be an idiot if you're being gifted a win...

Scu11duggery
1282 posts Professional
edited July 2020
Had 2 games left and thought I'd gift them.

Score OG and the tool decides to celebrate and watch replays. Immediately equalised and then quit. I know he will have to replay rather than lose and I could have kept going and likely won, but I'm not wasting that much time. WL done, now to play Last of Us II. :)

Comments

• Retro1989
    5727 posts Big Money Move
    That's why i don't gift wins anymore.
  • BuZuS
    1521 posts Play-Off Hero
    Reported for TOS violation. /s
  • dark_galaxy20
    237 posts Sunday League Hero

Score OG and the tool decides to celebrate and watch replays. Immediately equalised and then quit. I know he will have to replay rather than lose and I could have kept going and likely won, but I'm not wasting that much time. WL done, now to play Last of Us II. :)

TLOU2 Is greattttt
  • Scu11duggery
    1282 posts Professional
    Retro1989 wrote: »

Next guy immediately skipped celebrations and replay. I'm not going to let people like that miss out. :)
  • ||natch0||
    218 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Unfortunately, most of the people tries wayyy to hard to win the games, making them extremely toxic sometimes. I normally gift some wins away at the end of each WL, and sometimes the random toxic try hard shushes me after the gifted goals... I simply stoped caring about this kind of ❤️❤️❤️❤️ behaviour. the best answer to the trolls is ignoring them.
  • URBirdman
    1497 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited July 2020

well done. Love to see instant karma for celebration/replay watchers
  • SomeNextGuy
    4785 posts Big Money Move
    Ha, I always shush my opponent when they score an own goal from kick off, how bad must you have to be to score in the wrong net like that? Have they even played football before?!
  • pavan791
    704 posts An Exciting Prospect
    You finished all of the 30 WL games?
  • Scu11duggery
    1282 posts Professional
    pavan791 wrote: »
    You finished all of the 30 WL games?

Yep. Wife was doing hair and nails, got TLOU2 for bday and wanted to get WL out the way with S1 before starting it.
  • DannySTFC
    7188 posts Big Money Move
    edited July 2020
    Gifted someone a win with my silver team and he ran around shushing and full celebration. Invited him to a game and used my full team, scored 3-4 then he stopped playing and started messing around. He then messaged me saying his friend was an elite player so to invite him, I don’t think he quite understood the fact I had an issue with him and his behaviour so wanted to put him in his place, not play his random friend 😂
  • Zalisis
    581 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Assuming you finish 4 games an hour, allowing for occasional rage quit/extra time, which would still be a fast pace. And not counting the final two games which you gave away.

You've managed to play this game for 7 solid hours today? Good lord, you deserve a medal. Then therapy.
  • Kobayashi
    465 posts Sunday League Hero
    I had 2 games left after reaching 14 wins, just gave a nice taster goal watch the shush, then proceed to booting my opponent all over the pitch, 352 all out attack 9 depth, stretched both games to extra time, won 1 lost 1, team press overload ball side last 10 mins, has to be done why are people gifting wins? Hopefully my opponents will be drained and go on big losing streak or even better break their own console
  • Kobayashi
    465 posts Sunday League Hero
    Zalisis wrote: »
    Assuming you finish 4 games an hour, allowing for occasional rage quit/extra time, which would still be a fast pace. And not counting the final two games which you gave away.

You've managed to play this game for 7 solid hours today? Good lord, you deserve a medal. Then therapy.

20 games on Friday not uncommon at the minute due to furlough, like to be done by 10am Saturday,
  • Thunder001
    820 posts Semi-Pro
    Let me get this right. So your behaviour is not toxic?
  • Boysie91
    13546 posts World Class
    I don't bother giving wins anymore to many selfish people play fifa.

I was playing rivals yesterday trying to do the Bruno last couple of objectives involving wins with Bruno goals.

I come up against a guy who messaged me can he do a couple of objectives (they didn't involve winning) I said I'm trying to do Bruno if you let me win a will help you out (been done over plenty of times with people wanting to do objectives so don't go out my way anymore unless I feel generous)
    He replied with sure I will let you win.
    I let him do his objectives after he gave me the leading goal.
    He tells me he's done the objectives and decides to score when I'm not paying to much attention and he decides to try and score more on me so I messaged him and his reply was "I need the win as well lad"
    Lucky I beat him with a 90th min goal.

Not helping anyone else doing objectives anytime soon. 😑
  • Scu11duggery
    1282 posts Professional
    Thunder001 wrote: »

The opponent was a tool so I didn't want to gift him a win. Given how quickly I equalised, I could predict that I had a good chance of beating them. That would have given me no benefit but hurt them. By equalising and then quitting, the game doesn't count for them. Their antics meant I didn't want to gift them the win which I was under no obligation to do so which means that I could argue that my actions were the least toxic in the circumstances. I entered the game with good intentions and their behaviour meant I decided to null and void on their end. They've lost nothing but a few mins.

Are you purposely looking for toxicity?
  • Fotbal_love_12
    134 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    DannySTFC wrote: »
    Gifted someone a win with my silver team and he ran around shushing and full celebration. Invited him to a game and used my full team, scored 3-4 then he stopped playing and started messing around. He then messaged me saying his friend was an elite player so to invite him, I don’t think he quite understood the fact I had an issue with him and his behaviour so wanted to put him in his place, not play his random friend 😂

Happy you whooped his butt. I’ve conceded only rebound goals all weekend league and literal crawlers and other ridiculous goals none have been constructed plays or even good shot they have been spamming buttons and slide tackling my defender from the back and not gaining a foul and score lol and some of them believe they so good watching celebrations and stuff. If this game was fixed in so many aspects all them pros and elites everyone would be balanced and determined on best play at time not spamming skill moves drag bags and when your defender makes such a strong and direct tackle striker gains back ball when they haven’t even expected to.
  • BuZuS
    1521 posts Play-Off Hero
    Thunder001 wrote: »
    Of course not. What are you confused about?
  • Stone_cold_tea93
    3647 posts National Call-Up
    Retro1989 wrote: »

Next guy immediately skipped celebrations and replay. I'm not going to let people like that miss out. :)

Someone gifted me a win during TOTS that was the difference between G2 and G3. It's good when it happens.

If I give away a win and they let the default celebration/replay play out I'm not too fussed, the could just be shocked at what they saw.

If they start shushing and all the other ❤️❤️❤️❤️, I'll try a comeback to put them in their place but I'm pretty trash so od probably end up get whooped further 😂
  • Mackie17
    8565 posts League Winner
    Never been gifted myself but I always give a few out. I'm definitely due one
  • tzinc
    3246 posts National Call-Up
    Last of Us 2 sucks
  • alvchong
    1783 posts Play-Off Hero
    When u gifted win, use rubber band and stay away from the screen. Unless you want to see celebration and get thank you mesg?
  • Jobiwan
    3823 posts National Call-Up
    edited July 2020
    tzinc wrote: »
    Last of Us 2 sucks

Haha not great is it? I wont spoil any of it for people who hasnt played it but the story is terrible imo. Enjoyed the gameplay and visuals and stuff but didnt like where they went with it @tzinc