FIFA 21 Manual Control Settings Hardcore Modes

GiantAssPanda
5 posts Ball Boy
edited July 10
I haven't bought the last couple of FIFA's but from what I've heard most people are not happy with the state of the game & believe it has become too casual/AI does too much work for you & has too many mechanics that can be easily abused.

Obviously these issues should be fixed regardless but I think hardcore modes would be an alternative for players that don't want to deal with people abusing these faulty gameplay mechanics. These modes would be exactly the same as before but with forced manual control settings.

I've played FIFA with fully manual control settings since FIFA 08 so I can tell you with experience that it completely changes how the game is played. It slows down the pace of the match as you have to think about where you are passing & shooting & stops people from exploiting a lot of the mechanics that are abused like tiki-taka mindless one touch passing that's impossible to defend & shots that are 100% goals every time etc.

The problem is that it's become harder each year to find manual opponents to play with as the game is increasingly designed for casuals. I think EA's conclusion is that if they lower the skill ceiling they'll get a higher player base & "Ultimately :#" sell more packs.

I understand this from a business POV but don't see why they can't make optional hardcore modes for players that want to play the game as more of a Football sim rather than an arcade game.
Not only would it offer a place for the small community of existing manual players but I think just the existence of these modes would encourage people to try it out that wouldn't have done so before.

I believe it's one of the most rewarding experiences in gaming but in the end players realise that default assisted settings is too much of a necessity to compete against the majority that use assisted. These modes would allow people to try it without having to compete against the assisted casuals.

Getting hardcore manual game modes is probably a total pipe dream so I would be happy to just find some more manual players to play with when FIFA 21 comes out. I play on Xbox so if you play manual reply with your Gamertag. Mine is XBPanda#4092

;)
Post edited by GiantAssPanda on

Comments

• Tesco
    6999 posts Big Money Move
    edited July 9
    [ b][/b ]
  • Tesco wrote: »
    [ b][/b ]

?
  • AvalanJ
    700 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Amen
  • andig
    9 posts Ball Boy
    I have been wanting this or similar for a long time. At Least make a mode for it and promote it as an "hardcore" football Simulator mode, The Beautiful game Full manual mode.

I also don't know why they can't just implement it as a user skill/difficulty progression model. Div 10-7 Assisted /any controls, Div 6-3 Semi-assisted controls, Div 2-1 Full manual controls only. The cream of the crop naturally rises and and everyone else falls into their respective skill level, the only way to progress to the top is get/be better at the game.
  • Kobayashi
    381 posts Sunday League Hero
    andig wrote: »
    I have been wanting this or similar for a long time. At Least make a mode for it and promote it as an "hardcore" football Simulator mode, The Beautiful game Full manual mode.

I also don't know why they can't just implement it as a user skill/difficulty progression model. Div 10-7 Assisted /any controls, Div 6-3 Semi-assisted controls, Div 2-1 Full manual controls only. The cream of the crop naturally rises and and everyone else falls into their respective skill level, the only way to progress to the top is get/be better at the game.

Also reward cross field passing and slide tackling, no Ben yedder bounce backs, once Messi and Ronaldo become icons it's gonna be the same meta players up front for the next 50 years
  • GoonerSoldier
    381 posts Sunday League Hero
    Call out their "Pros" online and ask them why they don't demand manual or play on manual. They all go silent. Never respond back. As if the TRUTH hurts.

EA will not change anything unless the majority fan base wakes up. We need to wake up the players that are blinded by EA and let them know the GAMEPLAY is broken due to Automation. Fifa 19 and Fifa 20 are two of the worst in the series. And will only go in downfall speed unless the players wake up.

Most players don't even know that EAs default controller setup is all set to AUTO with the exception of Crossing set to SEMI. Ask yourselves. How does it take more skills to cross a ball than it does to pass/shoot?
  • hooligan87
    295 posts Sunday League Hero
    Yes! Many players are not even aware of the existence of manual controls. This is the fault of EA. Make manual control modes and many players will be interested in them! Many players will understand that the game turns into a simulator and looks like a realistic football when manually controlled!
  • ItsWideRight
    985 posts Professional
    If there is so much randomness with assisted controls manual controls will make the game ridiculous.

The problem with the last two years is limited attacking AI vs overpowering defensive custom tactics.

It has become a defensive game with limited options to score so people just repeat the same 2 goals time after time after time as if you try anything else the game handcuffs you.
  • Benja190782
    1701 posts Play-Off Hero
    I’ve been asking for this the last 5 years. A manual mode that can get you even bigger rewards so more people are encourage to learn manual controls.
  • RobotMajomInas
    36 posts Park Captain
    If there is so much randomness with assisted controls manual controls will make the game ridiculous.

The problem with the last two years is limited attacking AI vs overpowering defensive custom tactics.

It has become a defensive game with limited options to score so people just repeat the same 2 goals time after time after time as if you try anything else the game handcuffs you.

Not really because if you play on manual than the game is much more slower and you don`t have assisted jockey and the game is not switching the player when you make a through ball and also you don´t have automatic block so IMO we would see less strange thing on manual.
    I play career mode on manual and it`s very challenging and I enjoy it so much. The ball speed could be a little bit faster or the power gauge could load it faster but otherwise it´s quite good and of course when I play on manual I realize how much help what we get from the AI.
    It would be an eye opening if everybody will try it for a couple of matches.
  • RadioShaq
    16051 posts Moderator
    All the competitive modes should be manual offense. You could have friendlies or singles and squad battles be non manual though. Possession and passing has been to easy.
  • AvalanJ
    700 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited August 3
    I get full manual settings argument and how it brings the best out of FIFA engine in overall how a match is played out, though a major issue I see, and it's something EA struggles to differentiate even on assisted, is players stats and how they'd reflect in the game with manual controls. Could see it even be more limited to just pace and strength and outside of that feel like generic outfield players with the same rating
  • hooligan87
    RadioShaq wrote: »
    All the competitive modes should be manual offense. You could have friendlies or singles and squad battles be non manual though. Possession and passing has been to easy.

Why can't you add manual control to FUT? "Possession and passing has been to easy" - but through pass, cross and shots must be manual! They should depend on the skill of the player.
  • SuperKMx
    2043 posts Fans' Favourite
    hooligan87 wrote: »
    So I have a question - who is the real cyber-athlete? who plays manual control or auto control? The answer is obvious!

CYBER-ATHLETE :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • hooligan87
    edited August 4
    SuperKMx wrote: »
    So I have a question - who is the real cyber-athlete? who plays manual control or auto control? The answer is obvious!

What's so funny? Yes, I believe that people who play with manual controls are stronger than players who play with help a computer! The players themselves admit that manual control is harder to play! State your arguments! Let's play with you on manual control! I'll see how many times you hit the gate!
  • Benja190782
    1701 posts Play-Off Hero
    According to the new FIFA 21 Pitch Notes we are actually gonna have more manual gameplay this time.

Manual defending have been a part of FIFA for years now. (So far so good)
    Now we have manual headers and more manual crosses that actually rewards you for being able to power up and aim with your controller.

Now we just need manual passing and shooting. Maybe for FIFA 22.
  • SuperKMx

What's so funny? Yes, I believe that people who play with manual controls are stronger than players who play with help a computer! The players themselves admit that manual control is harder to play! State your arguments! Let's play with you on manual control! I'll see how many times you hit the gate!

Put down the Red Bull, son, you're clearly over-wired.

Nobody questioned your skills. I concede that you would beat me using manual settings. Well done, you.

I laughed at "CYBER-ATHLETE" which is a pathetic term. Ain't nothing athletic about sitting on your backside pressing buttons.

But if you want to be the BEST CYBER-ATHLETE YOU CAN BE then I suggest you get your emotions under control.
  • RadioShaq
    16051 posts Moderator
    Its a half win for wanting manual offense from the looks parts will have to be manual next year.
  • hooligan87

Nobody questioned your skills. I concede that you would beat me using manual settings. Well done, you.

I laughed at "CYBER-ATHLETE" which is a pathetic term. Ain't nothing athletic about sitting on your backside pressing buttons.

But if you want to be the BEST CYBER-ATHLETE YOU CAN BE then I suggest you get your emotions under control.

This is the second time you've written about Red bull)) What for?) You are ready to write about anything, but just not on the topic. You're all the same. You have no arguments, you can't explain anything, there is only one argument - it is hard for you to play on manual control. If you don't know how to play - learn, if you don't need it - play on auto-control. And we're not interested in how you feel about the word cyber-athlete. I find it more funny when people play auto-control and think they play well and consider themselves eSports players!
  • SuperKMx

This is the second time you've written about Red bull)) What for?)

Because your only answer to anything is "I PLAY BETTER. I PLAY MANUAL. I AM BETTER THAN YOU. I WILL WIN. I AM THE BEST. YOU ARE WEAK." as if you've downed 10 cans of the stuff and now think you're actually a superhuman.

I say "cyber-athlete is a funny term" and you suddenly go into full Incredible Hulk mode to tell me how I'm a weak player, how I don't know anything about football, how manual is the only way to play. It's pathetic, mate.
    You are ready to write about anything, but just not on the topic.

I wrote about the topic in the other thread. You ignored it and did the exact same thing. "I AM BETTER. YOU DON'T KNOW ABOUT FOOTBALL. YOU ARE WEAK PLAYER."
    And we're not interested in how you feel about the word cyber-athlete. I find it more funny when people play auto-control and think they play well and consider themselves eSports players!

I find it funnier that you even care. A TRUE CYBER-ATHLETE wouldn't be playing FIFA. Manual or not, it still isn't a true test of CYBER-ATHLETICS SKILL due to the fact the game is controlling 10 (or 9) of the players for you at all times.

You can win or lose a PVP game of FIFA because of things the AI does.

CYBER-ATHLETES don't care for that very much. They want a true contest of skill.
  • hooligan87
    edited August 5
    @SuperKMx

Yes, I believe that people who play manual control are much stronger than players who play auto control. So what? I'm not talking about myself personally, I'm talking in General. I'm not saying that I can win everyone on manual control, I'm saying that it's a fairer game and more interesting! I'm not saying it becomes real football, I'm saying it makes the game MORE realistic! Do you feel the difference? We are gathered here and spend our time to achieve the addition and development of manual control in the game. Why are you here?
  • SuperKMx
    @SuperKMx

Yes, I believe that people who play manual control are much stronger than players who play auto control. So what? I'm not talking about myself personally, I'm talking in General. I'm not saying that I can win everyone on manual control, I'm saying that it's a fairer game and more interesting! I'm not saying it becomes real football, I'm saying it makes the game MORE realistic! Do you feel the difference? We are gathered here and spend our time to achieve the addition and development of manual control in the game. Why are you here?

And I haven't disagreed with a single thing you've said.

But you're still acting as if I have.