Fix Gameplay - really the only thing we ask

Dragon0102
436 posts An Exciting Prospect
1. Input Delay
2. Response of actions
3. Server
4. Lag compensation
5. Auto defending

Nothing else. Fix it and you have a winner.

Comments

• Amdp9
    4885 posts Big Money Move
    It will be the same engine on FIfa 21 🤦🏽‍♂️
  • tzinc
    1945 posts Fans' Favourite
    they don't have to fix it because of:
    1. they pay people to program the lootboxes not the game
    2. they know people will buy the game no matter what
    3. they get money from lootboxes not having a good game
    4. the more frustrated people are with gameplay the more money they spend on lootboxes - hoping for a fix via better players
  • Janscharie
    358 posts Sunday League Hero
    tzinc wrote: »
    they don't have to fix it because of:
    1. they pay people to program the lootboxes not the game
    2. they know people will buy the game no matter what
    3. they get money from lootboxes not having a good game
    4. the more frustrated people are with gameplay the more money they spend on lootboxes - hoping for a fix via better players

4. If the games frustrades me, i quit. No way i'm spending money then.
  • The AI defending needs to be improved otherwise it is just matter of scoring easy goals.
  • BSDShoes
    3138 posts National Call-Up
    That's not gonna happen.
  • Cooler08
    654 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited July 3
    Another thing that needs fixing is the algorithms the AI uses to give one team an artificial advantage.

If that isn't fixed in PS5 then there isn't much point in the game. What's the point in a game where a team is aided by the CPU and isn't based on gamer skill.
  • Godsmack
    28 posts Last Pick at the Park
    EA listen to your fans once and for all.
    1-fix your servers and add servers in more countries
    2-looks like frostbite engine is not for sport games so please do something
    3-we need a more realistic football Game , get rid of tornado skill move and other stupid skill moves that You'll never see on a real game
    4-Fut Champs should be separated in two , for instance,players from division 4 to division 1 should be in a top fut champ with better prizes and players in division 8 to 5 should be in a silver fut champ , playes in div10 to 9 don't play on weekend league
    5- Volta sucks so get rid of it and make a good career mode , with cinematics , better press conferences , training , like football manager (the game) level of detail and options
    6- fut needs a new mode, like weekly tournaments with restrictions (like 11 English players , 85 team overall ), like the champions league online with group stage and knockout stage
    7-the CPU teams should have diferent strategies , tactics , change formations and players during the Game based on how we play , also de AI needs to learn and exploit our weakness . Thats the right way to increase the cpu difficulty not what You did with ultimate difficulty where every cpu player is 99 overall
    8-fut objectives are great but players dropping divisions should be punished or You can fix it with restrictions
    9-pro clubs should have regional leagues and tournaments within the Game ( like create a 20 team league ) where You can invite pro clubs to join the league and play , tracking all stats
  • BLaZiNgSPEED
    421 posts Sunday League Hero
    Input delay is mainly related to latency between you and your opponent. So regardless of how good your connection is, if you're from the UK like I am and I play against someone in New Zealand or Australia there will be latency issues even if I had Fibre to the Premises.

Server can be improved if we have dedicated servers or peer-to-peer network, but it can only improve the connection to some extent.

Lag compensation in a game like FIFA is pretty much impossible because FIFA is a real time game. For example there is lag compensation on lichess.org for online chess where lag delays to the game clock is compensated. But this is possible in chess and other strategy games because the moves are made one at a time. But in FIFA you can't make that possible as players are at a constant motion!

5. Not sure about the Auto defending thing. There is already Tactical Defending which eliminates the auto-tackle compared to the legacy defending which was automatic. If you mean let's program the goal keeper to manually save the shots, that's also not possible. The AI will need to assist in this particular situation.

However, I am all for manual goal keeping control in online play. EA removed that option and made it offline only a few years ago because players were exploiting the auto-defending while in control of the keeper. For this I suggest AI ignore the auto-defending of the rest of the players while you are in control of the goal keeper. This is one of few aspects I am not sure why EA could not improve upon.

Yes, there is auto-defending as in the AI will auto clear the ball for you. That I definitely want removed from the game. But this is about the only auto-defending I can see from the AI aspect.

The rest of what the OP has outlined is not gameplay fixes but connection related fixes. These are 2 completely different things which makes it slightly misleading.
  • cabbages
    3 posts Ball Boy
    All these people going if they don't fix this and that i'm not buying it, bla bla bla. Yes, you and I know thats ❤️❤️❤️❤️, you'll buy it again next year, and this is the reason why fifa will never be fixed. Remember what you said, and dont buy the game, make them listen!
  • BLaZiNgSPEED
    421 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited July 7
    @cabbages This is not true. People do mean it when they say they won't buy it! For example I didn't buy FIFA 18, 19 and 20 due to variety of issues like for example the gameplay wasn't much upgraded from 17 and the price was too high for the PC version.

Anyway, the problem is that it makes little difference to say that I won't buy it because a few less sales won't affect EA whatsoever. We need a mass scale of players to also not buy the game and that is when EA Sports will take measures to improve the game.

Because EA know that majority of the users still buy the game, my loss of sale is like a few voters voting in a general election against a particular party. But the majority will still win.

I carried on playing FIFA 17 past 3 years. But I mostly play online chess now. And believe it or not, if FIFA 21 wasn't good I know I am not a slave of FIFA. I find appreciations for other games. If you are stuck with only one game like FIFA, you will suffer from unhappiness because happiness will not depend on one game or hobby alone! With this mentality or mindset it means I am not restricted to force myself to buy FIFA regardless of how bad the game is.

There are people that will indeed buy it even if the game turned out bad. But majority will still decide on the basis of reviews and demos if they will buy it or not and when they don't, you simply don't know them because most people like myself don't announce that they didn't buy it. I for example wasn't active on the forums for a good few years, this is evidence how much I've lost interest in FIFA.
  • Dragon0102 wrote: »
    1. Input Delay
    2. Response of actions
    3. Server
    4. Lag compensation
    5. Auto defending

Nothing else. Fix it and you have a winner.

Haha I’ve literally posted about this before I saw this thread. This hasn’t been improved literally now for about 10 years so I’m not holding my breath.

Add to your list ‘Directional issues’

And by that I mean the fact that often when you aim a pass to your left or right, even occasionally forward or back it goes in the opposite direction.

When have you ever experienced the equivalent of that in any other game?!

Ie say a combat scenario in an Arkham game. I’ve never aimed to attack the guy to the right only for Batman to go left!!

How is one of the most basic fundamental components of gameplay going all the way back to PacMan an issue for EA in every FIFA game produced?!?

• cabbages wrote: »
    All these people going if they don't fix this and that i'm not buying it, bla bla bla. Yes, you and I know thats ❤️❤️❤️❤️, you'll buy it again next year, and this is the reason why fifa will never be fixed. Remember what you said, and dont buy the game, make them listen!

I quit at FIFA 15 because of these issues. And only got FIFA 20 as a random present from someone at Christmas who got it half price. I only even installed it in March during lockdown and guess what all the issues remain. And until they’re fixed I won’t pay a single penny for a new FIFA game
  • lionxbox360
    25 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Jockey player is like flying a turbo jet on the pitch, while other players are just running or walking normal. You can keep the jockey mode but don't let this jockey players fly and abuse the reality of the game and physics. Can FIFA 21 fix this ?
  • Dragon0102
    436 posts An Exciting Prospect

The rest of what the OP has outlined is not gameplay fixes but connection related fixes. These are 2 completely different things which makes it slightly misleading.

Yes and no. These are not my connection related issues. This is purely EA's netcode. Their animations have so much lag that the ball is a mile away due to input delay.

Also, lag compensation is used by Fifa. It's clear as day if you have played any opponent in fifa.

Until these things are fixed which we know they aern't, this is just another cover. And don't try to fool us with your ❤️❤️❤️❤️ marketing campaign like "most authentic" or "dramatic moments".
  • Cooler08
    654 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Add to your list ‘Directional issues’

And by that I mean the fact that often when you aim a pass to your left or right, even occasionally forward or back it goes in the opposite direction.

That also happens with throw-in's, the ball sometimes goes in completely the opposite direction which you aim and the ball is thrown to the opposition.

• tzinc
    1945 posts Fans' Favourite
    PES was the escape but I have notice as their FUT has grown they are copying the frustrating FIFA gameplay last minute goals coded results etc ... still plays a little better but I am sure PES will be the same as FIFA very soon unless this year off changes things --- PES gameplay was better than FIFA much better in 16 17 18 but 19 and 20 it's come closer to FIFA
  • SIOUXKING
    128 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    You forgot to limit the pretensions of skills, you play with people who only use skills and it is no longer football but circus. It's not real, it's not football but freestyle.