People playing the draft as if their lives depended on it. Is this normal?

rikstar
192 posts Sunday League Hero
Sorry if this sounds like a weird one but i am no stranger to this game (SB, Rivals, WL etc....) but i don't play a lot of drafts. I hear plenty of people saying they prefer to play draft over any other game mode because it is "more fun!".

I don't see how they can say that. Just played in a draft, only managed to get to the 2nd round but both games were played at a pace i am not used to.
Both opponents, no matter how good or bad their teams were. From the first whistle to the last, were just throwing the players right at mine, trying to win the ball back as though i had stolen something precious from them.

Then when they attacked they would just run and shoot from anywhere they could as if they wanted to end the game ASAP!

I am not like one of those players, i like to pass and move and pick my moments to shoot, mainly from inside the box. If every game is going to be like this then i might just have to stick with Rivals. At least i get something from playing that.

Comments

• Grahammbe2
    504 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Same in rivals I give up tonight
  • Wurrsmycash
    742 posts Semi-Pro
    Draft now is basically all out attack with high pressure to score as fast and as many as possible to get through the rounds

The only place to get close to slow, thoughtful and logical football is seasons mode
  • DannySTFC
    4089 posts National Call-Up
    People trying to win games regardless of the game mode, what next 😆
  • Royalwhite
    493 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Although it is only a video game ( and a broken one ) winning or losing for some people is becoming a matter of ego and self esteem , this is why you find them fighting for the win so that their ego is not scratched !
  • Iron_works
    78 posts Park Captain
    I play every mode wanting to win I don’t try any more or less on any.i always thought that was the point Of a football game.
  • Mogga
    1298 posts Professional
    Mate, people have their lives on the line playing friendlies nowadays man 😂
  • d-Leon307-b
    865 posts Semi-Pro
    Draft was hard at the Start of fifa
    But My Last draft from the sbc Was easy
    I Never Played longer than 20 ingame minutes
  • stevotrueblue
    1062 posts Professional
    I havent played draft in months since i learned how to trade to make my coins. But as i was off work and had done the objectives and nothing else to play for, and it was payday lol,, i decided to stick in a tenner and play some draft. I refuse to give 15k coins tho when I can be out in one game.

So for £10.50 on cdkeys you get 1600fp, so x5 drafts.

1. Out first game 5-4 in extra time, really close game tho.
    2. Got a real bad team selection and got battered.
    3. Got disconnected and a message to send report problem with application, logged bk in was given loss, despite leading at time.
    4. Got semi final, lost 2-1 in extra time
    5. Got to 2nd game and lost on pens.

Not doing it again. Losing a whole game and not getting it back due to a disconnect was just the icing on the cake. Even the rewards are trash. One of them included a loan pack ffs,, who needs loans at this stage in the game. Even semi final was just x2 prem gold pack and some other gold pack,, most had about 3 players in each.
  • Mmandras
    3185 posts National Call-Up
    edited July 1
    Eh, and here I am thinking that Draft might be my "end game" mode.

It's not just I was eliminated in the first round, and got 2 gold packs, my card selection was the worse ever, with so many inferior special cards and informs, I got just couple of minor icons and bunch of 50k TOTS cards from minor leagues.

I guess people hurled in because of the free token everybody got.

Btw draft concept is AWESOME, trying new cards and all, no custom tactics, but the execution (15k entry fee and rewards) is terrible.

• yosef167
    1391 posts Professional
    Mmandras wrote: »
    Eh, and here I am thinking that Draft might be my "end game" mode.

It's not just I was eliminated in the first round, and got 2 gold packs, my card selection was the worse ever, with so many inferior special cards and informs, I got just couple of minor icons and bunch of 50k TOTS cards from minor leagues.

I guess people hurled in because of the free token everybody got.

Btw draft concept is AWESOME, trying new cards and all, no custom tactics, but the execution (15k entry fee and rewards) is terrible.

draft was the only mode i find fun playing
    but lately with all the speciall cards was out and all the tots out
    the main player pick is 5 gold player!!
    qlot of NIF are giving out in draft and it was always My main team is way better than given team in draft
    in june i did 0 drafts
    i played over 150 drafts this year
    i less care about coins i am in plus coins if i want to calcuate but the teams are given lately are hardly start of fut teams. how low can EA go ?
  • kraid
    5039 posts Big Money Move
    rikstar wrote: »
    Sorry if this sounds like a weird one but i am no stranger to this game (SB, Rivals, WL etc....) but i don't play a lot of drafts. I hear plenty of people saying they prefer to play draft over any other game mode because it is "more fun!".

I don't see how they can say that. Just played in a draft, only managed to get to the 2nd round but both games were played at a pace i am not used to.
    Both opponents, no matter how good or bad their teams were. From the first whistle to the last, were just throwing the players right at mine, trying to win the ball back as though i had stolen something precious from them.

Then when they attacked they would just run and shoot from anywhere they could as if they wanted to end the game ASAP!

I am not like one of those players, i like to pass and move and pick my moments to shoot, mainly from inside the box. If every game is going to be like this then i might just have to stick with Rivals. At least i get something from playing that.

Sorry bro but this post makes no sense. You’re complaining that people tried to get the ball from you? You’re complaining people are shooting trying to score goals?

What the heck are people meant to do? It doesn’t mean they’re playing like their lives depend on winning. It means they’re playing the flipping football game like it’s a football game. You want them to sit back and not tackle you, you want them to pass around their defence so that can’t score. Go play sb on beginner.

I played cod yesterday and other people actually tried to SHOOT me! Can’t believe people play like that so I decided to play some mortal kombat. Guess what?? The other guy tried to punch me, unbelievable! Jumped on f1 hoping for less try hards but while I was sitting at the start line catching up on my tik tok memes the other players were actually driving round the track. Where have the casual gamers gone? Don’t people know it’s June and the game is dead

I honestly don’t understand what people expect.