How is PIM Socrates?

KurzBobby
47 posts Park Captain
How is he at this stage of the game as a CAM? Worth the 700k?

Comments

• juliuscaesar8
    1006 posts Professional
    Epic- I really like him, but he definitely isn't your 5'6 Messi type player. Plenty agile for a big man and a rocket on both foot for a shot.
  • josemourinho
    193 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    i used his Prime for 200 games and i miss his shot power and passing. thinking of getting him back
  • josemourinho
    193 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    damn i just packed his 91 in the untradeable mega pack
  • Lobbers99
    454 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Pim Nedved is better
  • Chavez76
    5970 posts Big Money Move
    Lobbers99 wrote: »
    Pim Nedved is better

not even close.
  • joehuk
    4114 posts National Call-Up
    KurzBobby wrote: »

Yes 100%

Agile, great shot, 5*WF, great passing, he's one player that seems to get involved in everything and is a.menace in intercepting, tackling due to his size and strength

Currently using his prime since I got him from icon sbc, but used his pim for awhile.

Very unique player
  • Chavez76
    joehuk wrote: »

Yes 100%

Agile, great shot, 5*WF, great passing, he's one player that seems to get involved in everything and is a.menace in intercepting, tackling due to his size and strength

Currently using his prime since I got him from icon sbc, but used his pim for awhile.

Very unique player

fully support this. He can just as well play as a striker which is very nice to have in your team. I sold him twice and bought him three times now. Wont leave my team no more unless something really weird happens
  • joehuk
    Chavez76 wrote: »

Yes 100%

Very unique player

fully support this. He can just as well play as a striker which is very nice to have in your team. I sold him twice and bought him three times now. Wont leave my team no more unless something really weird happens

That's him and marcelo for me.

Marcelo SS is also a unique player for me I just keep going back to him, can play CM,cam, RM, LB,RB,cdm

Same with socretes somehow end up going back so happy I got him from icon sbc, he's played CM,CAM, ST even tried him outside and does the job but far better centrally.
  • JimNoShoes
    402 posts Sunday League Hero
    Favourite player by a mile and complete bargain, incredible CAM, finishing is amazing and all round game is great. Have had the coins to upgrade loads of times but he is unstoppable for me
  • Mogga
    1298 posts Professional
    Turns like the titanic
  • joehuk
    edited July 1
    Mogga wrote: »
    Turns like the titanic

Lol thing is he doesn't... Even in poor gameplay I don't have this issue with him.

He has 5* WF and 92+agility 99 dribbling, comp, ball control.

When you compare someone like tots benzema who has better agility and balance is nowhere near as agile as socretes prime,moment.
    Post edited by joehuk on
  • YidArmy
    356 posts Sunday League Hero
    Turns like the titanic

Lol thing is he doesn't... Even in poor gameplay I don't have this issue with him.

He has 5* WF and 92+agility 99 dribbling, comp, ball control.

When you compare someone like tots benzema who has better agility and balance is nowhere as agile as socretes prime,moment.

Yeh totally agree, I had him for a good while and he defintely doesnt turn like the titanic. One of those players that defies the lack of balance on the ball.

The only reason i sold him was because, despite I think 87 strength, he was always getting knocked off the ball. With that low balance, if a 99 strength defender barged into him, for me he was falling over. Because he is so big and had decent strength, I kept wanting to use him to hold people off like a target man, but it just wasn't working.

That aside, I had so much fun using him rocketing shots with either foot, what a guy.
  • Chavez76
    Turns like the titanic

you never used him, did you ? He is abig guy, so yeah, he will not be as fast as Neymar / Yedder etc, but he is still faster than a lot other 'meta' players.
  • Mogga
    1298 posts Professional
    Turns like the titanic

you never used him, did you ? He is abig guy, so yeah, he will not be as fast as Neymar / Yedder etc, but he is still faster than a lot other 'meta' players.

I did the PIM sbc last year and he stayed in my team until the end. Have only used the loan one we got earlier this year in the odd WL match and I just couldnt get on with him tbh. He was alright but I preferred nif pogba at the time for that role in my team.

• Chavez76
    Turns like the titanic

I did the PIM sbc last year and he stayed in my team until the end. Have only used the loan one we got earlier this year in the odd WL match and I just couldnt get on with him tbh. He was alright but I preferred nif pogba at the time for that role in my team.

hmmm I feel totally different. If anyone is clunky, its Pogba this year.. But, I also feel that for some people some players work, and for others they do not :)
    I also really like Jovic SH card, which probably also is not for everyone!
  • Giggs11
    435 posts Sunday League Hero
    I got the prime from prime icons sbc and he’s transformed my team. Play him striker in a 2 striker formation and he’s been amazing for me. Much better than I expected. Would love to buy the PIM but seems a waste when I have prime untradeable
  • Swanz05
    2063 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited July 1
    The only sub 4 mil (xb) icon attacker that works between the other 2 for me. So that includes prime Eusebio. Nuff said :)

zyaiTDz.jpg
  • KurzBobby
    47 posts Park Captain
    Cool, interesting. I was gunning for PIM Kaka but still a little light on coins. Maybe Socrates is a decent alternative!
  • joehuk
    Giggs11 wrote: »
    I got the prime from prime icons sbc and he’s transformed my team. Play him striker in a 2 striker formation and he’s been amazing for me. Much better than I expected. Would love to buy the PIM but seems a waste when I have prime untradeable

It is while the moment is incredible. His prime is just fine and untradable in your case.

And since putting him back in my squad I had the most fun WL I've had for while.

8RWdGCE.jpg

Ignore the name gave away some WL wins when is reached my target :joy:

442 in game, Sancho and marcelo wide, soc and Nani up top perfect combo