AbSARRlutely Fantastic!

YidArmy
356 posts Sunday League Hero
Anyone else loving the wall that is Malang Sarr!?

I had Upamecano at CB before him and found he was great as a monster blocker but was just too slow.

As soon as I saw this Sarr SBC card I sold up. With a Shadow he's soooo much faster than Upa was but just as good at blocking and tackling.

Next to my Flashback Alonso I've finally found my settled two CB's.

Who else is enjoying this guy? Who have you got along side him?

Comments

• kraid
    5039 posts Big Money Move
    Using him with militao, I'm a big fan, the two of them are very similar
  • WarrenBarton
    10394 posts Has That Special Something
    Yeah he’s very good, defensively a beast but with great passing and relatively good on the ball too
  • YidArmy
    Yeah he’s very good, defensively a beast but with great passing and relatively good on the ball too

Oh yeh I forgot to mention the passing, superb. Plus that 4 star weak foot is very handy when wanting to play an aggressive drilled pass and not having to worry too much.
  • D0lvl
    2978 posts National Call-Up
    I’m using him and tots Ramos. Great pairing.
  • GTaylor
    753 posts Semi-Pro
    Using him next to TOTS Upamencano, great partnership.
  • Stone_cold_tea93
    2985 posts National Call-Up
    10/10 thread title
  • Th3DirtyPriest
    692 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Better than boateng fb? I need a new partner for fb milito
  • PlayerSayers
    554 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Worth the price tag ?
  • Mogga
    1298 posts Professional
    YidArmy wrote: »
    Anyone else loving the wall that is Malang Sarr!?

I had Upamecano at CB before him and found he was great as a monster blocker but was just too slow.

As soon as I saw this Sarr SBC card I sold up. With a Shadow he's soooo much faster than Upa was but just as good at blocking and tackling.

Next to my Flashback Alonso I've finally found my settled two CB's.

Who else is enjoying this guy? Who have you got along side him?

He'll be crap next week when he loses his newness boost.
  • Stevo_CT
    3275 posts National Call-Up
    Worth the price tag ?

It's an absolute bargain, he is immense.
  • Rajarshi_CFC
    627 posts Semi-Pro
    Worth the price tag ?

It's an absolute bargain, he is immense.

Is he better than the Carlos and Militao pairing?
  • spy
    1024 posts Professional
    What goalkeeper are people using? Tempted to get him but don’t have a decent GK that would give good chem
  • Chavez76
    5970 posts Big Money Move
    Ive got him paired with Cyprien who I got from the guaranteed FB SBC, and Mendy on the left. He doesnt need any more links than that
  • YidArmy
    spy wrote: »
    What goalkeeper are people using? Tempted to get him but don’t have a decent GK that would give good chem

I have him on 8 chem with two French soft links and two red links, so no link to GK or other CB.

With a shadow added to him you can still almost max out his pace and defending stats with that.

• Koning Spijker
    2191 posts Fans' Favourite
    I have him, but can't say he's better than TOTS Upa. I think they're a bit too different types.
    I now use a 3atb, Upa, Sarr and FB Militao. Upa in the middle. What an insane defense that is!
  • nicitel32
    2607 posts Fans' Favourite
    i use to pass a lot with cbs so i had to do his sbc to try him out...he is really good and i rate him over Militao as his wf for me is not enough...
    at the moment using tots ramos-in my eyes the best cb in game,better than virgil
    and toty Light as i need links to cr7

i would start Sarr over Ligt but i had to link him with Lala and he was very very poor for me and i attack with wingbacks a lot

so sarr is on the reserve right now but not due the fact that he is bad...
    if u use french team or ligue1 he is 100% your guy
  • CustardHippo
    2863 posts Fans' Favourite
    Worth upgrading either TOTS Ramos - FB Militao?
  • Js734
    595 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Worth upgrading either TOTS Ramos - FB Militao?

You can’t upgrade on Ramos
  • YidArmy
    I have him, but can't say he's better than TOTS Upa. I think they're a bit too different types.
    I now use a 3atb, Upa, Sarr and FB Militao. Upa in the middle. What an insane defense that is!

Yeh thats fair. Wasn't knocking Upa, I play quite a high line with 4 at the back and was getting caught out a few times with his slower pace and being that much bigger than Sarr. But defending around the box hes incredible.

That back 3 sounds awesome. Always struggle with 3 at though. I always find the to left and right CB's go too far to the wing, leaving the middle CB exposed. Do you find that a problem? Would love to use a 3 atb formation.
  • Stone_cold_tea93
    2985 posts National Call-Up
    I hated Upa. Chucked him in a SBC. He wasnt stable enough as a defender for me.