Has the Virus saved EA to give them another free pass to exploit their consumers to buying FP?

greggles
2256 posts Fans' Favourite
edited June 30
For another year at least, a lot of talk was made to make FP illegal all year and a bit of last year up until the pandemic hit.

Not heard of a lot about the subject since, within reason as there're other bigger things in goverments minds. Its just i had high hopes that the next fifa will be FP free but now i see there being no chance in that happening at all now.

Comments

• Denz
    2848 posts Fans' Favourite
    I don't want to see fp go, it helps me use the market and trade.

Surely the problem isn't so much about fp itself but more the way in which it is almost worthless because of generally such poor pack weight and how non transparent the weight is.

If they couldn't sell packs, all they would do is offer r9 available to buy for £x. Would be ok for some but not the majority I'm sure.
  • BeastlyHusla
    5981 posts Big Money Move
    Value has always been the problem which then turns into an addiction.

If it was like pes, I don't think I'd be much of an issue
  • Fifa_Hawk_85
    16541 posts World Class
    greggles wrote: »
    For another year at least, a lot of talk was made to make FP illegal all year and a bit of last year up until the pandemic hit.

Not heard of a lot about the subject since, within reason as there're other bigger things in goverments minds. Its just i had high hopes that the next fifa will be FP free but now i see there being no chance in that happening at all now.

I've a feeling this will be the case mate as the government's main focus now is on rebuilding the economy. I had high hopes loot boxes would be banned in time for 21 but it's looking very unlikely now. But if they aren't banned for 21 I'm sure they will be for 22.

And there's a bit of hope that the game will improve on the new gen consoles so it's not all bad I suppose.
  • Jonboyparker
    6211 posts Big Money Move
    edited June 30
    Denz wrote: »

Surely the problem isn't so much about fp itself but more the way in which it is almost worthless because of generally such poor pack weight and how non transparent the weight is.

If they couldn't sell packs, all they would do is offer r9 available to buy for £x. Would be ok for some but not the majority I'm sure.

100%. I don’t think the problem is FP. People can spend what they want even if I don’t. I have no objection.

The removal of FP would force this mode into a pay per player or subscription game which is a big no no for me.

There is two issues imo.

1. addiction. Limit the spend people can make.

2. packs do not hold any value. A certain level of pack should offer a guaranteed rated card. Eg a 15k pack = 84 or a 100k = 88. The rest can be random.

Combine both and people still buy packs but at least they get something and a much better shot at a good card. It would also make playing in higher divisions much more worth it becuse those 100k packs are nice 😉

I won’t say kids spending too much. Parents should have control of their credit cards imo. If my kids asked for Fifa points... the simple answer would be, NO
  • Chavez76
    6094 posts Big Money Move

100%. I don’t think the problem is FP. People can spend what they want even if I don’t. I have no objection.

The removal of FP would force this mode into a pay per player or subscription game which is a big no no for me.

There is two issues imo.

2. packs do not hold any value. A certain level of pack should offer a guaranteed rated card. Eg a 15k pack = 84 or a 100k = 88

I won’t say kids spending too much. Parents should have control of their credit cards imo. If my kids asked for Fifa points... the simple answer would be, NO

to be fair, I dont think all people understand what will happen if FP's would stop to exist.
    You will not be able to trade in this way anymore, as the transfer market will almost be empty.
    SBC's would likely not even be there as people would not own cards to do them.

It's not just 'hey people cant use them anymore so they will have to trade the same way as we did'
    It will change a lot.
  • Hoopsterz
    2175 posts Fans' Favourite

There is two issues imo.

2. packs do not hold any value. A certain level of pack should offer a guaranteed rated card. Eg a 15k pack = 84 or a 100k = 88. The rest can be random.

Combine both and people still buy packs but at least they get something and a much better shot at a good card. It would also make playing in higher divisions much more worth it becuse those 100k packs are nice 😉

What if they don't ask.. if the cards on the account cos it is needed for the xbox live subscription then its accesible in game unless you want to put parent locks on but then you wouldn't if its a shared console etc.

I mean i get it.. the parents should be more aware and educate themselves onwhat their children are doing online but its also down to multimillion £$ companies to stop using dirty tactics to make kids want to spend money..
  • Jonboyparker
    edited June 30
    Hoopsterz wrote: »

There is two issues imo.

What if they don't ask.. if the cards on the account cos it is needed for the xbox live subscription then its accesible in game unless you want to put parent locks on but then you wouldn't if its a shared console etc.

I mean i get it.. the parents should be more aware and educate themselves onwhat their children are doing online but its also down to multimillion £$ companies to stop using dirty tactics to make kids want to spend money..

That’s why I said the adult should in control of their credit cards. I don’t leave my card detail on my console. Therefore stopping it happening on purpose or by accident. When you have kids, you should know the risks.

Yes I agree it’s dirty tactics and that’s a worry. I honestly don’t mind FP because I have control and only buy the game each year. I can’t speak for anyone else but I’d like to see a limit on them rather than unlimited lightning round everyday. If everyone had a limit, we’d slow down the P2W and also the over spending of people that can’t manage their addiction. A guaranteed rating per pack would make buying a pack worth something.

But again... I don’t buy packs. I will not subscribe for more than I pay for a game though.
  • Jonboyparker
    Chavez76 wrote: »

There is two issues imo.

2. packs do not hold any value. A certain level of pack should offer a guaranteed rated card. Eg a 15k pack = 84 or a 100k = 88

to be fair, I dont think all people understand what will happen if FP's would stop to exist.
    You will not be able to trade in this way anymore, as the transfer market will almost be empty.

It's not just 'hey people cant use them anymore so they will have to trade the same way as we did'
    It will change a lot.

Exactly
  • Fotbal_love_12
    115 posts Has Potential To Be Special

Yes even not spending cash once you get a pack you should have enough inside of it to make a profit. Not have enough to go into another sbc to get packs and still get nothing.
  • greggles
    i think the whole argument of folks being in charge of their card is irelevant. Should they make sure that they should educate themselves and protect their card from their kids? Yes, will ❤️❤️❤️❤️ change? No
  • greggles
    but thats not the only point as to why they should be banned, They are a complete waste of money. No value in them what so ever, the fact you can spend thousands on points and still not pack messi is daylight robbery.
  • Fifa_Hawk_85
    16541 posts World Class
    greggles wrote: »
    but thats not the only point as to why they should be banned, They are a complete waste of money. No value in them what so ever, the fact you can spend thousands on points and still not pack messi is daylight robbery.

The amount of money you can put in this game and still not have every player is shocking. You could literally put 50k into FPs and not have every player in the game. Don't think authorities are aware of how bad this actually is.
  • Stone_cold_tea93
    3360 posts National Call-Up
    I'd be interested to know where the money goes.

Ea and which ever affiliate receive a cut of the pie.

Wonder where the taxes go.
  • I would never spend a penny on this game other than buying the disc, ea intervene 2 much in the game play doesn't matter what players u have game is a joke
  • gregsii
    977 posts Semi-Pro
    edited July 1
    The people who say 'people don't understand what will happen if FP ceases to exist' are just worried they won't be able to pay to win anymore.

Whether you like it or not, EA are a ❤️❤️❤️❤️ company and abuse the fact that is game is rated a 3. Ultimate team should either be a free game (seperate from fifa) rated 18, with the same system/or similar limited system in use going forwards or keep it all in one game and change the rating of the game to 18.
    Or remove FP altogether and introduce a different system.

I've bought FP this year, spent about £150 I reckon, why? Addiction. I'm 32 years old and was on furlough for two months until today actually. Fook all to do at home.. play FIFA why not, buy some packs, why not, might pack someone good, damn I didn't I'll try again.

It's not just kids you absolute morons, it's adult as well. I'm not the only one in similar situation, people spend far more than me because they're seriously addicted.
    FP needs to fk off entirely IMO.
    Disgusting company with disgusting systems in place designed to fack people over continuously.

I've actually stopped playing FIFA since last Wednesday now, and it feels good.
    Doubt I'll play FIFA 20 again to be honest.
  • Stone_cold_tea93
    gregsii wrote: »
    The people who say 'people don't understand what will happen if FP ceases to exist' are just worried they won't be able to pay to win anymore.

Whether you like it or not, EA are a ❤️❤️❤️❤️ company and abuse the fact that is game is rated a 3. Ultimate team should either be a free game (seperate from fifa) rated 18, with the same system/or similar limited system in use going forwards or keep it all in one game and change the rating of the game to 18.

I've bought FP this year, spent about £150 I reckon, why? Addiction. I'm 32 years old and was on furlough for two months until today actually. Fook all to do at home.. play FIFA why not, buy some packs, why not, might pack someone good, damn I didn't I'll try again.

It's not just kids you absolute morons, it's adult as well. I'm not the only one in similar situation, people spend far more than me because they're seriously addicted.
    Disgusting company with disgusting systems in place designed to fack people over continuously.

Nah. Market dies if Fifa Points dont exist. It will kill trading.
  • Fifa_Hawk_85
    16541 posts World Class

Maybe won't be a bad thing when it eventually happens. Can go back to just being a football game instead of a stock market simulator. I trade aswell but want FPs banned. It will be better for the game all round.
  • Stone_cold_tea93

Maybe won't be a bad thing when it eventually happens. Can go back to just being a football game instead of a stock market simulator. I trade aswell but want FPs banned. It will be better for the game all round.

I doubt we will get Fut as it currently is without fifa points. Maybe it would go back to the older iterations when there was less to.
  • gregsii
    977 posts Semi-Pro

People are worried about a virtual market where they make virtual coins (worth nothing)?
    I know people buy FIFA accounts and coins on the web, but this is illegal anyway.

Ultimate team should be free, like the PES version.
    Rated 18, as it has gambling in it and continue with the same system.
    I think I'd be happy with that, at least then you don't have to spend £60 for a game that's been in development for 4 months and it would show that EA are aware and sharing with the public that 'this game has gambling tendencies in it'.

I honestly would have no issues with that.

Either that or they devise a new system entirely, scrapping everything and starting again.
  • Jonboyparker

No that’s not it. I won’t buy this game without a market. I’m not saying a game without a market won’t be good but the gameplay has been so bad for so long on this game... talking years and years, we already know how Fifa 21 will look like and the next after that. Maybe we will be surprised but It’s too late. We expect it to be bad.

If you removed the market, many many people will not come back. Purely because we know what is left after. Half the player base play menus. I’m half and half becuse I trade. I won’t spend an extra penny of this game.

Don’t get me wrong, I don’t like FP’s and you can all Spend what you like. But Im not against in game purchases. I juts believe they should be presented in a more responsible manner. Making the game 18+ won’t help. Kids will still play. Putting a limit on purchases might. Making each pack within that limit worth something might. A guaranteed rated player for example.

I don’t believe in pay to win. I believe there is a skill gap. Maybe it’s not in the form of real football but it’s definitely in the form of game mechanics. That’s why I’m only D5 and no matter what team I buy, it will not improve my rank.

So why do I want the best player? Becusee it’s a team building game and a competition. I can’t compete but I can complete the game. A market helps me do that.

I will not buy a subscription that’s over the price of a game. I only pay for the game and play it when I want. Why would I be tied into a game that encourages everyday playing.

The only way to sell this game without a market is to overhaul the full game. That’s not happening for years.
  • Chavez76
    6094 posts Big Money Move

I stopped reading here.
    If you read what I say, which apperently you don not, I am not saying anything about FP's being good or bad, nor anything about adults or kids, addiction or not. That's what you make out of it.
    Nearly stating that people should understand that it will change everything about the gamemode.
  • Aguy9916
    1045 posts Professional
    Chavez76 wrote: »

There is two issues imo.

It will change a lot.

I would happily see the end of FP and the end of the market all together...one of the biggest issues with this game is people using it like a stock market simulator... making it possible for EA to sell their points and thus the less intelligent/young/naive and people with addiction/gambling problems are the ones who are prayed upon by the entire system of the market and the FP which is its blood.

This is a game at the end of the day and it should be fun and without restriction or risk.

I'd love it if they...

Closed the market and stopped FP.

Made everything untradeable.

Dramatically increased drop rates of good stuff and amount of stuff.

Increased objective quantity and quality with a similar model to now (packs and players as reward).

Like this the game could be completely fair, nobody can pay to win or spend their life trading to win. Nobody has to spend money.
    Everybody gets good fun filled clubs full of players to use in different squads. People will be forced to use what they have rather than seeing the same boring teams every game.

The game could be what a game should be FUN.... for everyone.

Hell they may even be able to focus on making the gameplay fun too once the FP isnt the only thing they care about.
  • TW1103
    2939 posts National Call-Up
    Surely all they really need to do to avoid any legal problems is change FP for coins.
    If they sell coins, then they have the argument that they aren't selling what is essentially a lottery ticket, as whoever has bought the coins could go and buy packs, yes, but they could also go straight onto the market and buy the exact player they want, which is what I think the main issue with FP is.
  • Bakudu76
    2856 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited July 1

It would exist, just have a look at eve online or any other online market driven game.
    Real money just is an injection of capital into a system making valuable and desired elements of said market more expensive.

Not having that injection would decrease the value/cost for desired high end cards by a huge margin.

Look at it this way, why is R97 extinct ? Because the supply is higher than the demand, but the demand is only that high, because there are enough people able to afford him, because of injected extra money in coins. while not having to ability to get him otherwise

Without fp a lot of more coins need to be generated, either trough more given out packs, or higher income through grinding games and challenges or stuff.

This then again would create the problem of coinfarming through exploits, which still happen. Just look at the leader boards for income through played games.

Best solution is for all would be Icon Sbc, while upping the pack weight for all high end cards, getting rid of FP and implementing a Season pass or so. This would make the player base more happy.

I bet there are good enough profession economists , that could calculate this stuff through and still make a huge profit, without having problem with legal stuff in any other country or having to rate fifa pegi18
  • Fifa_Hawk_85
    16541 posts World Class

I doubt we will get Fut as it currently is without fifa points. Maybe it would go back to the older iterations when there was less to.

Nah they will goto a season pass system and have cosmetics in the store so will still make a fortune. Gameplay and content would have to be decent for people to keep buying the season pass every couple of months. It will be good for the game when loot boxes are banned.
    TW1103 wrote: »
    Surely all they really need to do to avoid any legal problems is change FP for coins.
    If they sell coins, then they have the argument that they aren't selling what is essentially a lottery ticket, as whoever has bought the coins could go and buy packs, yes, but they could also go straight onto the market and buy the exact player they want, which is what I think the main issue with FP is.

They won't be able to do this as it will be the exact same thing. It's not FPs that will be getting banned, it's loot boxes. Any element of being able to spend real money on the chance of getting something will be gone. FPs will remain and will be used for buying the season pass or cosmetic items in the store.

This is something 5that's definitely happening and it's not just going to apply to Fifa. Other games like CoD have already made the transition away from loot boxes as they all know it's coming to an end. EA are milking it as much as they can, look at all the promos they have been putting out the last 2 years.
  • Stone_cold_tea93
    Bakudu76 wrote: »

It would exist, just have a look at eve online or any other online market driven game.
    Real money just is an injection of capital into a system making valuable and desired elements of said market more expensive.

Not having that injection would decrease the value/cost for desired high end cards by a huge margin.

Look at it this way, why is R97 extinct ? Because the supply is higher than the demand, but the demand is only that high, because there are enough people able to afford him, because of injected extra money in coins. while not having to ability to get him otherwise

Without fp a lot of more coins need to be generated, either trough more given out packs, or higher income through grinding games and challenges or stuff.

This then again would create the problem of coinfarming through exploits, which still happen. Just look at the leader boards for income through played games.

Best solution is for all would be Icon Sbc, while upping the pack weight for all high end cards, getting rid of FP and implementing a Season pass or so. This would make the player base more happy.

I bet there are good enough profession economists , that could calculate this stuff through and still make a huge profit, without having problem with legal stuff in any other country or having to rate fifa pegi18

For pro stonkers like yourself but for noobs like me no 😂

I understand what your saying. The point spending whales vastly outweigh the traders on the market so whilst they are ones supplying all the rubbish they are also sucking up all the good stuff.
  • Jonboyparker

Nah they will goto a season pass system and have cosmetics in the store so will still make a fortune. Gameplay and content would have to be decent for people to keep buying the season pass every couple of months. It will be good for the game when loot boxes are banned.

They won't be able to do this as it will be the exact same thing. It's not FPs that will be getting banned, it's loot boxes. Any element of being able to spend real money on the chance of getting something will be gone. FPs will remain and will be used for buying the season pass or cosmetic items in the store.

This is something 5that's definitely happening and it's not just going to apply to Fifa. Other games like CoD have already made the transition away from loot boxes as they all know it's coming to an end. EA are milking it as much as they can, look at all the promos they have been putting out the last 2 years.

If they went season pass... I’d be out. A subscription game doesn’t sit well with me when gameplay is not good enough to support it.

Realistically they will not be able to offer a viable playable game without a complete overhaul of gameplay. I can see it happening evenetully but with the current gameplay people will hate it and stop paying for season passes. I can’t see this happening in the short term when they have spent the last (many years), building on top of a already flawed gameplay design.

It would basically need to be a new game to keep people paying

• greggles

this
  • greggles

@Stone_cold_tea93 if things went back to FUT 10-16 Before WL and SBCS where content was dry, people would probably just go to PES
  • Fifa_Hawk_85
    16541 posts World Class

If they went season pass... I’d be out. A subscription game doesn’t sit well with me when gameplay is not good enough to support it.

Realistically they will not be able to offer a viable playable game without a complete overhaul of gameplay. I can see it happening evenetully but with the current gameplay people will hate it and stop paying for season passes. I can’t see this happening in the short term when they have spent the last (many years), building on top of a already flawed gameplay design.

It would basically need to be a new game to keep people paying

That's the whole point though, once they goto a season pass system gameplay will have to be their number one priority to keep people buying the pass. It's the only way we will see the changes we want in this game. Until this happens, gameplay will be delayed and unresponsive.